Latest news:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
25 July, 2019 09:41
Losing control? I have absolutely no control on this board.

It was taken away from me when I was reported to SN for building an alternative forum for my own website Sixwaysrugby.co.uk Exactly the same format as VFT22.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed
25 July, 2019 10:00
Ah, the plot thickens!

Firstly JP, in answer to your question as to why I don’t start using VFT22 for rugby related posts it’s because I really don’t want to be involved in a dual -site board community. It doesn’t work. In the old days, when we had the Wuss offie open, there wasn’t one community of posters using both boards, essentially there were 2 communities. Content was diluted.

As to your other points, yes the “rules” page header is there at PE’s request, I knew that because I’d asked (on that forum) and received a prompt and clear reply. I’m positive that if users don’t like it, Lindsay has only to request a change via VFT22 operator and it will disappear in a flash.

Finally, your comment above, 23:02hrs, Quote:-
Seems like someone is already making decisions on our behalf that we do not know about. I really hope and trust it is not our existing admin on this site because that would be a serious conflict of interest and incredibly two faced.
End Quote

It’s not often I’m speechless, but that nearly caused it. Firstly we did know about it, well those who bothered to ask did.

What’s happening here is that an alternative forum has presented itself, (an alternative to the one we've all been moaning about at various times for years) and our community is discussing the issue in broad terms, as should we ignore it, start using it alongside this one, or switch to it, as per Sale community.

As part of that process, our moderator has co-operated by getting involved, understanding the issues, talking to the potential alternative site, and providing us with a personalised Wuss page to the extent that we have, uniquely, the “forum rules” popup. Which we don’t like, and I’d guess, will now be removed.

To accuse her of being “incredibly two faced” is highly inappropriate. If this was parliament I’d be asking the honourable gentleman to withdraw that remark.

What would you prefer, another moderator talking to VFR22 and a proper battle of the sites where various minutiae of operation are endlessly discussed to the huge interest of one or two and the general bemusement of everyone else?

No, PE has done exactly the right thing in talking to VFT22, and in creating the Poll here, and she’s trying to help us make a sensible decision which will avoid split content across two boards.

I’m astonished and disappointed that in your attempts to ensure that SN forum prevails that you descend into what is basically personal abuse.

MESSAGES->author
ARFC Warrior
25 July, 2019 10:07
Well said Ted.

SimonG19
SimonG19
25 July, 2019 11:46
Excellent post Ted but I doubt it will stop his trolling.

Patgadd
Patgadd
25 July, 2019 12:09
Ad hominem comments are not appropriate on this or any board.

SimonG19
SimonG19
25 July, 2019 13:41
Are trolls?

bg
bg
25 July, 2019 17:53
Quote:
Faithful_City
Losing control? I have absolutely no control on this board.
It was taken away from me when I was reported to SN for building an alternative forum for my own website Sixwaysrugby.co.uk Exactly the same format as VFT22.

JP

Sixwaysrugby.co.uk

Blimey.. that takes me back to late 90's web design.. and you're still hosting it? Not exactly the same format though

Get many hits?

MESSAGES->author
Abberley
27 July, 2019 00:04
Now that the search feature has been restored (how long has it taken to fix that?) I thought it might be interesting to revisit a thread from a few years ago about how long people had been posting. Included in that was a summary of the various forums that we have had - and thus how often we have already changed platform.

1998: www.wrfc.co.uk - but Trading declined to provide a message board
1999: www.sixways.org.uk - Independent site set up to provide forum for supporters
2002: www.wrfc.co.uk - message board finally added to Offy [Mary & Steve moderated]
2002: www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk - set up by JP
2003: This SportsNetwork site set up by JP

...and the top contributors to this board in 2003 were:

#	Author	             Posts	% Of Total
1.	Faithful_City	      2202	32.03%
2.	manrow	               597	8.68%
3.	Gallers	               460	6.69%
4.	Faithfull_City	       167	2.43%
5.	15up	               150	2.18%
6.	Tony_At_Wuss	       135	1.96%
7.	ROLLO	               112	1.63%
8.	arkivist	        97	1.41%
9.	mark brocket	        79	1.15%
10.	shirelad	        77	1.12%
11.	Abberley	        76	1.11%
12.	Alan Ward	        74	1.08%
13.	Housemarton	        73	1.06%
14.	tom needham	        68	0.99%
15.	Mary&Steve	        59	0.86%
16.	richard griffiths	59	0.86%
17.	TeflonTed	        57	0.83%
18.	Rotherhamthruandthru	52	0.76%
19.	MagicP	                51	0.74%
20.	Matt H	                51	0.74%
21.	worcester on top	51	0.74%
22.	MagicJ_	                47	0.68%
23.	vindict	                45	0.65%
24.	BRIAN SUPPER	        45	0.65%
25.	RGriffiths	        43	0.63%
26.	Thika	                38	0.55%
27.	DavidP	                37	0.54%
28.	Wildoat	                32	0.47%
29.	KB	                31	0.45%
30.	rich13	                29	0.42%

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death
27 July, 2019 08:56
‘On the line’...The Internship.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed
27 July, 2019 09:38
Well, that makes JP ( you can’t spell that 2 different ways) ROLLO, Abberley and me the only surviving inhabitants.

Thanks for that list Abberley, do I remember somewhere along the line that we were all re-registered at midnight on a date in 2007-ish due to some IT changes or cock-up? Not that it matters a toss now.

To return to the thread, how are we “fathers of the house” feeling about a potential move to VFT22 then?

Myself and JP have been active on that alternative site, in an attempt to see how it functions, and we’ve both also been active on other premiership boards to see what they think, or in one or two cases to waked them up to the idea.

Obviously I can’t speak for JP, but my developing view is that I’d support an official change, as done by Sale, in order to get the majority of premiership boards readable with one click from our “home” board, a facility offered by VFT22. It’s the only place I know where one can click straight through to ShedWeb and the new Quins and Wasps sites, and have them open in a new tab.

This is a really interesting function for me, and JP seems to be happy enough with the ability to easily add images, videos, tables etc.

Come on guys, what do you think?

OverTheBoarder
OverTheBorder
27 July, 2019 13:10
As someone who mostly reads as opposed to posts, either forum works equally for me on my iPad. I run SN through an Adblocker and therefore have no gripes with advertising (anymore). Stopped using SN’s mobile site quite a while ago

All other clubs forums on SN are saved to my favourites so links and other functions aren’t an issue or are unused in the main and therefore have no preference with the bolt-ons on either forum. Strangely feel less of an intruder viewing other Forums on SN than I do going on the Quinn’s site and Shedweb and therefore would like all clubs to use the one platform.

Appreciate what the creator of VFT22 (Alex ?) is trying to achieve though.

OTB

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again)
27 July, 2019 17:00
My preference is VFT22 and am happy to move

MESSAGES->author
Abberley
28 July, 2019 11:21
Quote:
TeflonTed

...how are we “fathers of the house” feeling about a potential move to VFT22 then?

Having been involved with newsgroups and message boards etc. for approaching half a century (this year is USENET's 40th anniversary, BTW) and having hand-knitted and hosted the original Worcester Supporters' website and message board, I can safely say that the technical or other merits of any system will have little bearing on which is ultimately adopted. (Those of a certain age will recall the VHS vs Betamax fiasco.)

However, I have to declare a disinterest in this decision as we have finally relinquished our seats in the West Stand before CVC drive home the final nail.

Fortunately three Clubs we are connected with (Worcester, Kidderminster and Lichfield) are all in Midlands One this season and, hopefully, Pirates will still be at the Mennaye for a few years yet.

TTFN

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed
28 July, 2019 16:36
Abberley, you forgot the Phillips VideoDisc system...technically much better than either tape system on playback, but cost as much as a small car and didn’t record off a TV signal.
Doomed.

Anyway, I digress, does your post indicate essentially a “don’t care” as to which forum host is used?

Whatever, since my local team is Droitwich, we will have a good few local derbies to enjoy this coming season. My only problem being I still have a Wuss ST, (and a marriage to maintain).

Patgadd
Patgadd
28 July, 2019 16:51
Quote:
TeflonTed
My only problem being I still have a Wuss ST, (and a marriage to maintain).

I had this problem with my first wife, who said I had to decide between rugby and her.

I do miss her cooking.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley
28 July, 2019 17:07
Quote:
TeflonTed
...does your post indicate essentially a “don’t care” as to which forum host is used?

Was hoping to convey more "no vested interest" rather than "don't care".
After all this time I still 'care', as one does for wayward offspring, and will try to keep up with the gossip whichever platform the majority migrate to (or stick with).

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie
28 July, 2019 21:37
Quote:
Abberley

... hopefully, Pirates will still be at the Mennaye for a few years yet.

TTFN

I'd give it two seasons, based on current info. Dicky Evans recently posted on their SN forum and club website that they are about to have the land transferred to them, are very hopeful of the Government share of the funding being approved, via Sport England, enabling them to start building work before this season starts. They are also ready to go with a crowdfunding/sharesale initiative to fund the second stage of the stadium.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net