Latest news:

Leadership Group
Discussion started by A38 (IP Logged), 30 July, 2019 16:19
A38
A38
30 July, 2019 16:19
[warriors.co.uk]

I don't recall that we have ever heard officially in the past which players were in the leadership group - although this was implied a number of times.

But here it is clearly spelled out:-

"Hill and Butler will join Warriors captain GJ van Velze, centre Ryan Mills, back-row forward Marco Mama, full-back Chris Pennell and South Africa international centre Francois Venter in the leadership group"

That's quite an endorsement of the two young players..

Underdog
Underdog
30 July, 2019 17:18
To me, that suggests they'll be the captains in any second string side (euro games or premiership cup).

Good stuff.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
30 July, 2019 19:02
It also shows how much progress Venter has made in just one season!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
30 July, 2019 22:53
He was captain at Cheetahs under Rory so was more than likely an obvious choice

GnB
GnB
30 July, 2019 22:59
I don't think Venter needed to make any progress. He came to us as a leader.

Ted Hill is on a stellar trajectory though. Warriors captain within 3 years.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior
31 July, 2019 00:00
Long term planning by the sounds of it. However I do hope this is some attempt at out the box thinking like Eddie Jones and his apprentices in the England squad

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie
31 July, 2019 08:46
Fully agree with A38's post and the other comments. To me, this is another clear signal of the way the club is very serious about backing and developing home grown talent and showing young players that they have a very good future at Sixways.

As the article notes, both Ted and Will have captained England at age group level and Will captained the Cavs last season on a number of occasions. Whilst you can have natural leadership abilities, like any other ability they need to be nurtured and developed. Having them in the Senior Leadership Group will give them the opportunity to observe and learn from some very good leaders, like GJ, Ryan and Francois, as well as Chris and Marco.

A very good move by the club, IMHO.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net