Latest news:

Rory Duncan : More articles
Discussion started by A38 (IP Logged), 08 August, 2019 08:30
A38
A38
08 August, 2019 08:30
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Whatever the truth is, stability is the casualty.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 August, 2019 09:03
Quote:
WN
“It is a very strange situation especially with the timing of that (statement),” Kirwan said.
“You would think they would try to keep that to themselves a little bit more.

“But obviously there have been some other ideas within the club.”

Kirwan said he had spoken to “a couple” of players at Warriors including lock Michael Fatialofa who told him “it was a bit uncertain around the forwards coach”.

Not good at all, this just shows lack of direction.

Quote:
WN
Asked whether he got the impression Duncan was looking to leave, Kirwan said: “Maybe towards the end of last year he was thinking about going home.
“I know Solly is really good friends with Omar so maybe he is being lined up to step in.”

Mouneimne, an ex-mixed martial arts fighter, has a wealth of coaching experience having worked with Stormers, Western Province, Southern Kings and Sharks in South Africa as well as with French sides Lyon and Stade Francais.

He has also coached Italy and been helping USA prepare for the upcoming Rugby World Cup.

But when asked whether Mouneimne, who moved to Warriors in 2017, would be the right man to take over from Duncan, Kirwan said: “Honesty, I don’t think he is.

“He has come in as a defence coach and has a lot of experience around contact areas and things like that.

“But as a head coach you need a lot more of a rugby knowledge.

“You need a full, wide variety of different game plans and styles of rugby and knowhow to get what you want from your players.

Omar has not covered himself in glory for the coaching he was brought in to do - defence, has he?

JP

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie
08 August, 2019 09:41
Well, I did see Rory at the club yesterday, talking to Colin Goldring, I think.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

NW2
NW2
08 August, 2019 10:10
I'm not overly worried by the thoughts and comments of an ex-player to be honest. Column fillers.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
08 August, 2019 10:22
I am with NW2 , Not sure why WN would publish this, it is hardly that Carl was ever a senior contributor to the team , mostly through injury , and has not gone to play/coach at Chinnor.
Today chip paper and it was only pubished today !

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
08 August, 2019 10:26
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
What were you doing @ Sixways Clive?
Putting a towel on your seat for the new season?!
(Sm126)

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2019 10:28 by w4rriorz1980.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie
08 August, 2019 13:34
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
What were you doing @ Sixways Clive?
Putting a towel on your seat for the new season?!
(Sm126)

The new topic explains all!

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net