Latest news:

Teo vs Brown - Rd 1
Discussion started by usa warrior (IP Logged), 10 August, 2019 08:54
usa warrior
usa warrior
10 August, 2019 08:54
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Dropped for scrapping at the team social. Moron...

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist
10 August, 2019 10:26
Sorry USA. Link doesn’t appear to be working

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
10 August, 2019 11:49
I can’t see where it mentions scrapping

usa warrior
usa warrior
10 August, 2019 14:53
“Brawling” then FC... if you prefer that term.

Odd, link works fine for me.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
10 August, 2019 15:22
Sorry guys still can't see a mention of Brawl;ing, fighting, scrapping in the text from the above link

Quote:
Centre Ben Te'o and full-back Mike Brown will not have a final chance to impress head coach Eddie Jones after being left out of the squad to face Wales this weekend.

Scrum-half Ben Spencer and rookie forward Alex Dombrandt have also been excluded from the 33-man group.

Jones will name his World Cup squad of 31 the day after Sunday's warm-up at Twickenham.

England then face Wales in Cardiff before games with Ireland and Italy.

After being left out of the recent training camp in Italy, Gloucester fly-half Danny Cipriani is again excluded, which is another blow to his World Cup chances.

However, the uncapped pair of Northampton flanker Lewis Ludlam and Bath wing Ruaridh McConnochie are both named, and could make their Test debuts at Twickenham this weekend.

Scrum-half Willi Heinz is also in line for a surprise first cap after being included at the expense of Spencer.

While the RFU say those omitted could still force their way into Jones' final party, the omissions of Brown, Te'o, Spencer and Dombrandt appear significant.

Te'o has long been a favourite of Jones', while Spencer ended the 2019 Six Nations as England's second choice scrum-half behind Ben Youngs.

Brown looks to be in a shoot-out with Anthony Watson for the final back-three spot, but has lost ground, while Dombrandt was always a long-shot to make the plane to Japan.

"Players excluded from being involved in this camp are naturally disappointed but may get another opportunity so they must be ready," Jones said.

"By the time we fly out on 8 September we will be ready to win the Rugby World Cup. We are not there yet but we have four games to get ready."

Star wing Jack Nowell will continue his rehabilitation from ankle surgery in camp and is not available for the match with Warren Gatland's side.

Prop Mako Vunipola is also not in contention to face the Welsh, but is said to be progressing well from his hamstring problem.

JP

A38
A38
10 August, 2019 15:46

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
10 August, 2019 15:52
Ah, I was only reading the link at the top from USA Warrior.

Thanks

JP

Old Col
Old Col
10 August, 2019 18:14
Who cares?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop
10 August, 2019 19:43
Brown the ‘media darling’ on BBC Radio 5 where he was referred as a model pro in probably steering clear of the booze on the Social night, and saying Te’o was the aggressor.

Most readers of the game know Mr Brown has an adage when playing and that Te’o don’t like socials.

Personally don’t see what Jones’ love in with Ben from day 1 has been, or why Brown is still around the elite squad. Maybe this is the lead in to their deselection for good?

usa warrior
usa warrior
10 August, 2019 20:21
Talk today that Ben may not make the 31 man squad now. Should be interesting.

centrethere
centrethere
11 August, 2019 16:38
The fact that editor jones won’t say anything and Mitchel says he’s carrying an injury suggests the opposite to me

Touchliner
Touchliner
12 August, 2019 13:03
Its cost him - he's out!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
12 August, 2019 14:14
Which I feel is fair enough.

I don’t think he has the pace anymore for the modern game at international level.

Still a damn good player though

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net