Latest news:

Moving this forum
Discussion started by Chris1850 (IP Logged), 11 August, 2019 00:32
Chris1850
Chris1850
11 August, 2019 00:32
Since taking over as moderator for this site, JP has taken it upon himself to unilaterally delete the Sticky thread whereby a poll overwhelmingly voted to move this forum to VFT22.

He has also closed the Sportnetwork revamp thread

I have therefore started this thread simply to inform occasional visitors that most regular posters are now posting on the VFT22 Worcester Warriors board rather than on here

[forum.viewfromthe22.com]

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
11 August, 2019 00:37
You are becoming quite a pest or is that a troll.

I have not deleted any threads!

I have as is the usual practice changed it from being an active poll to one that is completed, as decisions have been made.

It is no longer a sticky, but is still available to read if you wish.

JP

23Shark
23Shark
11 August, 2019 00:43
I'm intrigued on your comment of saying 40% of people didn't want to leave on the other thread. In line of accusing me of libel how does that comment line up?

Chris1850
Chris1850
11 August, 2019 00:44
Apologies if my concerns at your recent actions make me a pest in your eyes. That is not my intention. I am certainly not a troll.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
11 August, 2019 00:48
You two guys are not giving VFT22 and Sale supporters a good name.

If this is how you intend to spread the word and encourage people to move to your site it may be counter productive.

All I am doing is administering this site.

Please donít act like trolls.

23Shark
23Shark
11 August, 2019 00:53
1) Chris has nothing to do with the site.

2) You accused me of libel and then shut the thread

3) You've not even answered anything I've just asked

Patgadd
Patgadd
11 August, 2019 09:06
We cannot let this moment pass without a hearty vote of thanks to PE for all her hard work over the years without any thought of self-aggrandisement . Thanks Lindsay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 09:21 by Patgadd.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
11 August, 2019 09:19
Absolutely agree Patgadd, Lindsay has done a fantastic job over a very long and devoted period.

Thank you

JP

centrethere
centrethere
11 August, 2019 16:29
Would any regular posters give some pros why this other site is better? Or cons indicating why there is not much reason to move

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
11 August, 2019 17:32
I think you have to try it out for yourself. I tested it extensively in the way I use this forum and website. I did not see anywhere near enough improvement of SN to want to move.

It is not so easy to move around having to go up and down channels rather than horizontal plus I like the ability to click on the array of useful links we have set up on here.

A big fuss was made about security but the BBC site is not secure and I visit there and here regularly.

Still suggest you test out for yourself see if it will do what you can already do here but better enough to move.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 17:42 by Faithful_City.

centrethere
centrethere
11 August, 2019 18:08
Thanks jp
The point for me is probably the informed quality and fun of posts and the quantity but as it is close season it is difficult to tell . Not seen a prediction league for just warriors yet

23Shark
23Shark
11 August, 2019 18:32
Various features like alerts, mentions, likes/dislikes which SN doesn't have.

I'm also building a site to run along the forum which will have a prediction league with the prize of tickets to the final of the Premiership and then guides for visiting the grounds.

Freypal
Freypal
11 August, 2019 19:11
Quote:
Faithful_City
A big fuss was made about security but the BBC site is not secure and I visit there and here regularly.

BBC login pages where you submit passwords are secure. This isn't.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
11 August, 2019 19:30
It will be very soon so disappears as a plus.

23Shark
23Shark
11 August, 2019 19:40
Shame it took people leaving the site for the promise of making it safe....

halfback09
halfback09
11 August, 2019 21:19
I have attempted to open the other forum 4 times and each time I was redirected to somewhere else. From the get go it doesnít seem at all better than what we already have.

SimonG19
SimonG19
11 August, 2019 21:19
I think the attitude and tone of the new administration here will be the biggest boost of all for VFT22.

MESSAGES->author
ARFC Warrior
11 August, 2019 21:22
Quote:
halfback09
I have attempted to open the other forum 4 times and each time I was redirected to somewhere else. From the get go it doesnít seem at all better than what we already have.

I have had no problems opening the other site.

23Shark
23Shark
11 August, 2019 21:38
Quote:
halfback09

Where does the link go to?

MESSAGES->author
IanRed
11 August, 2019 23:39
With the revamp of this site. The web version no longer delimininates the posts with the header and the "new" post indicator making it impossible to view from new posts. I have raised this with the previous moderator who has informed the admins of the site.
Until this is resolved as far as I am concerned this SN site is almost unusable.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
12 August, 2019 08:12
Ian are you logging onto this address

[m.rugbynetwork.net]?

This is the mobile version of Sportnetwork and will take you to our site which is designed for use on mobile devices

SN should automatically detect you are using a mobile device and switch you through to that version.

Is it the same when you use the same device to log onto other sites or do the transfer you through to their mobile version?

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2019 08:19 by Faithful_City.

halfback09
halfback09
12 August, 2019 23:54
Quote:
23Shark
Quote:
halfback09

Where does the link go to?

To a page telling me that I won something.

23Shark
23Shark
13 August, 2019 07:55
Weird I've got seen or heard of that before. Sounds like adware, could you try again for me please and see what happens

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net