Latest news:

Marco on Melani
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 14 August, 2019 07:42
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
14 August, 2019 07:42
Quote:
WN
BACK rower Marco Mama is convinced rangy runner Melani Nanai will be a “real threat” in the Gallagher Premiership despite his “slighter” frame.
Nanai arrived at Worcester Warriors on Monday for his first day of pre-season training after making his much-anticipated move from New Zealand.

The 6ft 4in summer signing joins Warriors on the back of an impressive Super Rugby campaign with the Blues.

His elusive running style saw him cut through defences as he racked up 1,240 metres – more than any other player in the league.

I am definitely on the same page as Marco, I really believe he is going to be a perfect replacement for The pace of Adams and the elusiveness of Heem. With the players inside him they will create the space and with his ability to finish it is going to be exciting.

Full Article Here

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/08/2019 07:43 by Faithful_City.

Inbox
Inbox
14 August, 2019 09:47
Agreed (but he can’t be on both wings at the same time)

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
14 August, 2019 10:03
No that's right but he will bring both qualities in one package but on one wing only, however we have quite a list of other wingers to choose from and maybe even a center playing on the wing...

Humphries
Howe
Hammond
Fidow
Beck...
Lawrence...

JP

JP

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
14 August, 2019 10:22
I wouldnt see Beck or Lawrence playing on the wing JP.
I could however see Melani playing at full back.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
14 August, 2019 15:17
Ollie said himself he doesn’t have the out and out pace for a winger. We are well stocked there though with bags of pace

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
14 August, 2019 15:40
I do believe Beck has played on the wing and he is quick.

Rollo what happens to Chris Pennell? I know in a season or two he may be classed as a more mature player but there is nothing wrong at this point time.

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net