rugbyunion
Latest News:

You can Tweet this forum topic straight to Twtitter by clicking this button.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Project One-Twelve
theArmsPark.co.uk (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 16:45
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2013 11:31 by theArmsPark.co.uk Admin.

Re: Project One-Twelve
Boogie (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 17:09
Like I've said on the other posts, this is a great idea! I'm always up for cheering the Blues on, especially when we need it the most, but it's hard to get the chants/songs going yourself! For example, the last game of the Magners last season against Munster, which if we had won by a few more points could have put us into the playoffs, I felt like I was the only one in the crowd who wanted to win that game! Hopefully with all of us sat together, the crowd will naturally join in! I do think that we desperately need more songs or chants to sing though!

Also, I'm one for respecting the goal kickers no matter who they are, what they have done, or what has just happened. Does anyone else besides me think that we need to give the kickers more silence and try not to put him off. The Irish fans do it, and I have great respect for them!

Any thoughts?

GFinch (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 17:53
For those of you on Facebook ...
[www.facebook.com]

PontyBlues (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 19:14
just joined the facebook page and invited my friends who go to the blues. hope its a success. im kevin fitzgerald on facebook. look forward to making some noise and getting to know you all better

Cardiff Boyo (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 19:53
Hey Boogie totally agree with you about the Munster game/needing more chants/and the respect for the kicker. Personally i believe that a kicker would be more put off by absolute silence than anything else and it shows great respect, although i am guilty of a bit of booing when the magners refs all too often get it wrong.

What chants and songs are top of our list? Perhaps we could hold a poll? I think a few more allez les bleus chats and typical songs would be great, a simple BLUES! one is also top of my list, and whoever had the idea of that Dan Parks song to the tune of parklife - brilliant!

CaerphillyBluesfan (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 19:54
As I said on another thread, a cracking idea and I'll be there for the dragons game and beyond. Has been a source of frustration over the years how quiet we can be as a crowd for home games, looking forward to being amoungst like minded souls.

CaerphillyBluesfan (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 19:56
Also totally agree with keeping quiet during kickers shots at goal, surely complete silence is much more intimidating than cildish howls and whistles.

J1cOrange (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 21:33
I agree

I had stopped reading this site for last month due to same old/same old i.e Not my team, not CAP...

Well me and my buddies (from CAP South Terrace) still missing a few on hols etc were a couple of rows back from Gareth and co and were glad to have something to join in.

One of our number spotted an aquaintance who had not been to a Rugby game before and they were impressed, probably would have been less so if the normal Morgue fest was on.

Top marks to the team. Oh and YES to Shhhsh for kickers

cardiffstu (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 22:27
Great idea, can I suggest meeting prior to kick off in the supporters area under the Canton stand? Congregate around the CBSC tables/section and get to meet each other before the game?

Spikey Mikey (IP Logged)
07 September, 2010 22:44
Top man Gareth and a great idea.

I'm afraid I've already plumped for a reserved seat in the Ninian with a couple of mates but rest assured, I will carry the noise down to the half way line if you start it!

Solihull Exile (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 07:02
Quote:
Spikey Mikey
Top man Gareth and a great idea.
I'm afraid I've already plumped for a reserved seat in the Ninian with a couple of mates but rest assured, I will carry the noise down to the half way line if you start it!

Same here - I'm in aisle 114. Very happy to make some noise though.

PontyBlues (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 14:28
i agree with the silence for the kicker 2. is there any chance we could have a section on here were all the songs and chants are so people like me who dont know them very well can learn the words easier.

GFinch (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 14:54
The plan is to keep posting new and easy to learn chants on this post ... so watch this space smiling smiley

PontyBlues (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 15:05
Quote:
GFinch
The plan is to keep posting new and easy to learn chants on this post ... so watch this space smiling smiley

Yeah i will do. but i know how quick these threads fill up and if you dont come on for a few weeks its a bit time consuming reading through pages and pages. plus new members might not think to look on this thread and the important thing is that as many people as possible learn the new chants/songs. just a idea anyway

Nosmo King (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 15:30
A good idea Fitzybear. I'd suggest asking Admin to open a "chant section".

PontyBlues (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 16:33
yeah think it will be easier for all. how do we ask admin? i dont even know who the admin is lol

GFinch (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 16:45
I'll email him and point him in the direction of these comments ... see what he can do for us.

PontyBlues (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 17:25
thanks dude[:wor kid:]

08 September, 2010 18:28
Hey Fitzy - I'm the Admin grinning smiley

You'll see me in Section 112 a week Saturday wearing the Call To Arms Pirate jersey #9! (Just look for the blonde kid screaming his lungs out, that'll be me!)

Yes that's no problem, i'll get a chants section up and running asap. It'll be another sticky topic, plus i'll give it a permanent place on the left hand side menu bar.

Admin of theArmsPark.co.uk,
Make Noise and You Will Be Heard!

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/170/170_0_1264029860.jpg

PontyBlues (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 18:33
Thanks dude appreciate it. look forward to having a pint with u 1 match(Sm128)

hands in the ruck (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 19:17
gutted can;t make the dragons game.

Cardiff Boyo (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 19:54
What about "When the BLUES go marching in."
Not unique, but everyone knows it and could join in.

PontyBlues (IP Logged)
08 September, 2010 20:43
Quote:
Cardiff Boyo
What about "When the BLUES go marching in."
Not unique, but everyone knows it and could join in.

oh when the blues, oh when the blues,
oh when the blues go marching in.
we be singing in aisle 112
oh when the blues go marching in.

Cardiff Boyo (IP Logged)
09 September, 2010 00:48
That's good fitzybear, i like it, but it might take away from the rest of the stadium being able to join in? Views anyone?

CardiffMum (IP Logged)
09 September, 2010 10:31
Well done to you all. It was my first visit to the stadium on Saturday and I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. Having accepted that we will never return to CAP I will attend some more games. I doubt I will ever be a season ticket holder again as getting home from a 7.10 k.o. is problematic. However, I look forward to joining in the noise at the big games. We have taken our family to games for the last 20 years and feel that kids need to be engaged in some noise to keep their interest - after all, if the kids are happy it makes it so much easier for us parents.
Many thanks and keep up the good work. (Sm42)

Starsky (IP Logged)
09 September, 2010 11:56
This is a great idea. I hate the fact were at the city stadium for any number of reasons which have been discussed on this site.

But we are where we are and we can either not attend, attend and moan or attend and make the most of it.

Need to get thinking on some songs, def need a song about Marseilles !

I love the ole gunner song man utd fans  sing about his goal in Barcelona, u can google it pretty easy, could change it to

Who scored the try on toulons line Bradley bradley,
Who scored the try on toulons line Bradley bradley Davies,
Bradley bradley Davies,
Bradley bradley Davies,
Bradley bradley Davies,
Who scored the try on toulons line Bradley bradley Davies!

Or something similar 

Boogie (IP Logged)
09 September, 2010 12:49
We could sneak in "I'm Blue da-ba-dee-da-ba-dy" in now and then I suppose, easy and everyone knows it.

Umm we could do "If you're Blue and you know it clap your hands"

I liked someone's idea on here of doing "Oggy Oggy Oggy...BLUES BLUES BLUES!"

I'll post more on here when I can think of them!

GFinch (IP Logged)
09 September, 2010 14:33
You are our Rush-y
Our only Rush-y
You make us happy, when skies are grey
You'll never know Xav, how much we love you,
So please don't take our Rushy away.

PontyBlues (IP Logged)
09 September, 2010 15:17
Quote:
GFinch
You are our Rush-y
Our only Rush-y
You make us happy, when skies are grey
You'll never know Xav, how much we love you,
So please don't take our Rushy away.

i like this. think we should def show rush how much we appreciate him staying. either this or an other song dedicated to him.

Boogie (IP Logged)
09 September, 2010 23:23
The Rush song sounds too much like a Cardiff City song that is used quite frequently, I'm afraid it might be seen as that if we use it. But if everyone else is happy with it, so am I.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net