rugbyunion
Latest News:

You can Tweet this forum topic straight to Twtitter by clicking this button.

Playoff Chances Over?
Londonwelsh (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 16:04
After that awful game on Saturday night have we blown our chances of getting into the top 4?

Looking at our fixtures realistically we need to win them all and hope that the Turks and Ulster slip up along the way

Fri 30 Mar 19:35 Glasgow Warriors (A)
Sat 14 Apr 18:30 Ospreys (H)
Sun 22 Apr 14.05 Edinburgh (H)

Sat 5 May 19.30 Scarlets (A)

Saturday's game made my blood boil. Credit to the Scarlets they were worthy winners but we made it so easy for them with so many silly errors.

Cuthbert should have done better with JD's kick and Dan Parks with yet another comedy error. I wish this guy would have an injury to rule him out for the rest of the season. Parks has been dire the past few games but dumb and dumber seem content to keep on picking him.

It was a awful game for a Blues fan. Seeing all them Scarlets fans in the stadium making all the noise and atmosphere was a sad sight and I really feel for Laulala. I bet he can't wait to leave these bunch of chumps and play for a decent team. He deserves a lot a better.

Baber told the Western Mail

“The play-offs will be increasingly different and we are not naive about that,” added Baber.

“But we have four games left and are going to fight tooth and nail. We won’t change our style of play or the philosophy we have got.”

In that case we're doomed!

Re: Playoff Chances Over?
hands in the ruck (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 17:44
what style of play?

boggieboo (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 18:14
Looking at other teams games

Glasgow; 51 points
30/3 - BLUES (H)
14/4 - Munster (A)
22/4 - Treviso (A)
5/5 - Connacht (H)

Scarlets; 50 points
30/3 - Edinburgh (A)
15/4 - Aironi (A)
21/4 - Munster (H)
5/5 - BLUES (H)

Ulster; 50 points
30/3 - Aironi (H)
14/4 - Connacht (A
20/4 - Leinster (H)
5/5 - Munster (A)

With the blues on 45 points we will have to win every game. I can see the teams above us losing but I can't see us winning all ours. And I couldn't agree more with that was an awful performance again by the blues with no creativity or support runners just to easy to defend against. As of Fenbys two tries which had to be the two easiest in rugby history. I was there on Sat and being outsung by the Scarlets supporters and seeing the way they got behind was embarrassing, me and a few others tried to make some noise and start chants but couldn't get anything going.

hands in the ruck (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 18:46
no chance of play offs, 8th in the rabo 12 not good enough.HEC q/f not holding out much hope on that one either but in sport you never know however unlikely it may seem.And it seems very unlikely.

PaulJ (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 22:26
Do we really expect much more with J.Burnell & G. Baber in charge?

amstel (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 06:32
Quote:
PaulJ
Do we really expect much more with J.Burnell & G. Baber in charge?
No!
Laughable topic in the Fail.
[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Yup (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 08:39
Forget the playoffs we need to be looking over our shoulder at the Dragons they are only 12 points behind us and play Connacht and Treviso next, 2 big wins ........

Dare2bBlue (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 14:41
After our recent performances we don't deserve a play-off place. If we did get there it would be an embaressment anyway!

3 tries we gave away by not playing sensibly.
(1) Cuthbert attempting to pick up a bobbling ball.
(2) Park's air shot?
(3) trying to run the ball from our own 22,then losing it,and not just clearing to keep them playing downfield.

TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE

Glad I'm not going to Dublin now, I'd probably throw myself in the Liffey!
(Sm58)

Dare 2B Different - Dare2bBlue

Cardifflose (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 17:33
We are playing so badly it would not surprise me if we beat Leinster!!! I know that does not sound logical but when did Cardiff last do logic

cardiffsteve (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 19:20
Quote:
Cardifflose
We are playing so badly it would not surprise me if we beat Leinster!!! I know that does not sound logical but when did Cardiff last do logic

Sometimes when teams have absolutely no expectation of winning they go out and produce an incredible performance - because theres no pressure on.

Think S* P****s.

Thats pretty much our only hope anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2012 19:21 by cardiffsteve.

cardiffstu (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 20:03
We played badly at the end of last season and missed the playoffs and I was actually quite relieved that we did as the cost of an away trip to watch us get prison shamed in Dublin didn't feel me with any great enthusiasm.

Same goes for this season, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Dare2bBlue (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 20:40
Quote:
cardiffstu
We played badly at the end of last season and missed the playoffs and I was actually quite relieved that we did as the cost of an away trip to watch us get prison shamed in Dublin didn't feel me with any great enthusiasm.
Same goes for this season, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

My thoughts too Stu.
You're helping organise the Q/F do at the Arms Park aren't you ? I'll be down to watch it there.
I usually try to make the away games if possible, I see you at most.
Been there at Twickers outnumbered by Glaws support and again against Toulon. But I fear this may be a step too far for us.

Dare 2B Different - Dare2bBlue

cardiffstu (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 08:33
Yes, via CBSC. If you can make it, please drop an email in to confirm.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net