rugbyunion
Latest News:

You can Tweet this forum topic straight to Twtitter by clicking this button.

Warriors vs Blues - Team News & Match Thread
BlueButtyBoy (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 10:49
Leigh Halfpenny
Alex Cuthbert
Casey Laulala
Jamie Roberts
Tom James
Ceri Sweeney
Lloyd Williams
John Yapp
Ryan Tyrrell
Scott Andrews
Bradley Davies
James Down
Mamma Moitika
Josh Navidi
Xavier Rush (c)

Subs: Marc Breeze, Nathan Trevett, Sam Hobbs, Macauley Cook, Kristian Dacey, Richie Rees, Gavin Henson, Dafydd Hewitt

Players unavailable for selection
Michael Paterson - neck/shoulder
Gethin Jenkins - shoulder.
Sam Warburton - shoulder
T Rhys Thomas - neck
Martyn Williams - ribs
Paul Tito - head
Richard Mustoe - hip
Fau Filise - shoulder
Andries Pretorius - knee
Deiniol Jones - shoulders

Re: Warriors vs Blues - Team News & Match Thread
wales606 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 11:05
Strong backs, weak forwards.

Second row is strong, but we will miss Gethin, TRT and Paterson (and Filise and Warburton).

Interesting to see Henson given the replacement 10 shirt - Seems an odd move this late in the season when Parks is not put as injured. Could it mean that Henson is staying next season? As a backup 10/12/15 to Tovey, Roberts and 1/2p?

Cardifflose (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 11:11
Quote:
wales606
Second row is strong, but we will miss Gethin, TRT and Paterson (and Filise and Warburton).

Interesting to see Henson given the replacement 10 shirt - Seems an odd move this late in the season when Parks is not put as injured. Could it mean that Henson is staying next season? As a backup 10/12/15 to Tovey, Roberts and 1/2p?

Think it will be a case of our backs v the Glasgow forwards,
Your right very interesting to out Henson in a good move I say. Hope he does stay, he wants too, the coaches want him too, anyway back to the thread Blues by 6 for me

wales606 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 11:42
Quote:
Cardifflose
Quote:
wales606

Think it will be a case of our backs v the Glasgow forwards,
Your right very interesting to out Henson in a good move I say. Hope he does stay, he wants too, the coaches want him too, anyway back to the thread Blues by 6 for me

Blues backs were very rusty and downright poor last week. Hopefully Halfpenny and Roberts will improve - but, they have barely seen the ball for 8 months, so it could well be a Glasgow win.

If the Blues lose then their playoff hopes are over, and I can't see them winning in Glasgow at the moment. Still, they will want a good performance before Leinster.

BlueButtyBoy (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 12:24
Quote:
wales606
Could it mean that Henson is staying next season?

Let's just say that I bumped into Gavin in a waiting room recently, he said to me that he would love to stay with the Blues next season.

Back to the game, an uneven contest for sure. There are a few players that would love a contest, however, the ball needs to be recycled quickly for the backs to inflict damage.

....no it wasn't that type of waiting room, I had cream for the itching last week!

Rusts (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 12:36
I'm gonna go for a Cardiff Blues win.
I think it will be quite comfortable too tbh

Yup (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 14:11
Rush out (his missus had a baby this morning), Molitika to 8 and Cook to 6. @#$%&.

shrekogre (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 16:08
On current form i bet Glasgow by 12 points.
Ladbrokes Glasgow by 3 points.

blue target (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 19:42
This is becoming embarassing as the team looks worse each game and disinterested then the tv shows a clueless coach which sums up our problems.

blue target (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 19:51
I wonder what would have to happen for henson to get on

blue target (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 19:55
I thought they were a proffesional side its worrying that we cannot win lineout hold the ball all the basics dragons will catch the blues and on recent displays no wonder

blue target (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 20:03
why dont we find a hooker that can throw?!!

wales606 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 20:14
Quote:
blue target
I wonder what would have to happen for henson to get on

This.

And even then he only comes on on the wing.

wales606 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 20:15
I would be happy if we signed no new player for next season - if we got rid of B&B and put a proper coach in charge!

The coaching of this team is abysmal - cant think of any worse in the league.

Glendf (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 20:25
I thought last week was bad but this apology of a performance is even worse.

It makes you think what they actually do during the week to prpare for games

Londonwelsh (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 20:32
Yet another s**t performance by the Blues. Forwards were exposed as we knew they would be. The scrum was battered all game and when our backs did get some ball they looked absolutely clueless in attack. Glasgow are a good team but this is an unacceptable result. Playoff chances are now certainly over. God help us in Dublin next week. Could be a cricket score…

blue target (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 20:38
I have had a season ticket for 10 years gave move a chance but why I should waste any more money or time on an organisation which doesnt seem to care about the fans or the glorious past of the cardiff name I just dont know next week is frightening for us fans

Y Cadno (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 21:20
Quote:
blue target
dragons will catch the blues and on recent displays no wonder

Not a chance.

The Dragons are 12 pints behind with three games to play, so a maximum of 15 points.

The Dragons have to play the Ospreys away, Treviso home and Leinster home. I can't see them getting more than 6 points from them. probably only 5 (4 against Treviso and 1 against the Ospreys).

Cardiff Blues have Edinburgh at home and both the Ospreys and Scarlets away. 1 point will come as a minimum from them I think Edinburgh will be defeated so at least 5 points and the Dragons are doomed.

boggieboo (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 21:21
An absolute joke, I am not looking forward going up to Dublin next week. Surely b&b has got to go. Would like to see Kingsley Jones or if we can't afford him give the Chief and Paul John a go.

amstel (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 21:31
Absolute pathetic.
No direction from the coaching.
They have to go.
Cant watch this rubbish no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wales606 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 21:55
Quote:
boggieboo
An absolute joke, I am not looking forward going up to Dublin next week. Surely b&b has got to go. Would like to see Kingsley Jones or if we can't afford him give the Chief and Paul John a go.

Head coach - Chief
Backs coach - John
Forwards coach - Burnell & M.Williams

Though I would have liked to have seen Rayer as Head Coach and Chief as forwards.

drag0n98 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 23:45
Quote:
Y Cadno
Cardiff Blues have Edinburgh at home and both the Ospreys and Scarlets away.

O's and Edinburgh home games, O's @ CCS and Edinburgh game is still TBA but it has to be at CAP, go to admit I'm a Blues supporter from the Rhymney Valley (and definately wont support a team in Ponty) so don't have any affinity with CRFC, CAP or CAC and have critised CAP but after the last couple of weeks something has to give and if that is moving back to CAP to see some kind of improvement in the team then I'm all for it.

There is no way I want to go through the embarrassment and rediculie of a local derby like the scarlets again. Especially against the O's, and tonight watching the game in the pub I simply could not defend that 'performance' only good thing was there was an open bottle of scotch that took a hammering.

The location of games aside what do you think needs to be done to go back to the 'glory years' of 2 years ago?

Personally I think
1: laurel and hardy need to go we need a coach with proven background and this has to be a priority,
2: The board must be honest with the supporters and say we cannot afford to keep players and the big names who demand over 1.5k per year will not be resigned/signed and we will become a development side for the next couple of years playing academy players. I for one would appreciate the honesty for once

Blues99 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 00:06
What a disgrace! And they wonder why crowds at the CCS are poor!? Since the amlin cup triumph 2 years ago the level of commitment from the majority of this team has been shocking. We defintely need a new face in next year who isnt going to accept half hearted performances. At the moment the blues remind me of England during the world cup, Clueless and more importantly severely lacking in passion. Hopefully like Lancaster has done with England we can find a coach who will create an 'us against the world mentality' and remind them that they are representing the capital of Wales

Cardifflose (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 09:27
Until last night I have never switched a blues game off during the match, also did I hear right? Gareth Lewis saying Tom James is now leaving?!!!!

Dare2bBlue (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 12:04
Useless bunch, god help us next week!

No need to wear pink out there guys, your faces will be a deep pink enough!!

Switched it off and went to water front garden to cool down.

(Sm67)(Sm77)

We need a director of rugby fast!!

Dare 2B Different - Dare2bBlue

wales606 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 20:56
Quote:
Cardifflose
Until last night I have never switched a blues game off during the match, also did I hear right? Gareth Lewis saying Tom James is now leaving?!!!!

If Cuthbert is staying then James wont really be needed (With Czekaj, Halfpenny, Blair, Robinson, Mustoe and Cuthbert)

If there is no new coach next season, then the Dragons will be in the HC the season after.

beddaublue1 (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 18:35
IT WAS SO POOR I TURNED THE TV OFF AND WENT FOR A WALK TO COOL DOWN .WENT TO WORK AND TOOK STICK ALL DAY THEY WERE CLUE LESS.

BlueButtyBoy (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 22:10
Similar to many of you, I couldn't believe how poorly they played. It seemed that no one had they slightest idea of a game plan, totally clueless.

I cannot believe that Peter Thomas is happy with this situation, I'm sure that a new coach is being sought for next season.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net