rugbyunion
Latest News:

You can Tweet this forum topic straight to Twtitter by clicking this button.

Do Whatever it Takes to Get Geech!
theArmsPark.co.uk (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 18:08
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Do Whatever it Takes to Get Geech!
smudgerblue (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 18:27
Geech would be a huge mistake - he's done nothing for the past two years down at Bath - the teams performance have declined rapidly under him.

Geech is too old now.

cardiffstu (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 19:02
Doubt we'd have the money for Geech. Failed at Bath and seems to work best with players for a limited time, e.g. Lions.

It will probably be Phil Davies which doesn't really fill me with joy.

wales606 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 19:37
You make a convincing argument for Geech.

He may have been unsuccessful at Bath - but we don't really know the state of the team when he took over or the quality of those around him.

The big + with Geech is that he would be a big name DOR and would certainly have the players respect and might make them respect the shirt. He does have great coaching credentials to be fair.

I would like to see Geech, much more than most of the other names being bandied about (Turner, Davies, Holley etc)

Londonwelsh (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 19:41
I think a lot of us would like Sir Ian McGeechan but deep down we all know it's not gonna happen.

Like it or not it's more likely to be Phil Davies, Paul Turner or Sean Holley.

MJD42 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 19:49
Would be fantastic to have him as director of rugby. His age isn't that old, Graham Henry's just won the world cup and is older and Alex Ferguson is manager of Man Utd at 70 in a much more stressful environment than the Cardiff Blues.

However given the history decisions when its come to the hire and fire of coaches I would suspect that Phil Davies is nailed on for this job.

dragonfly (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 21:45
I thought that getting Geech as DOR at Bath would be fantastic... but things have not gone well. A big name DoR isn't necessarily the answer unless you have a really great coaching team already in place.

ballsout (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 21:59
(Sm22)(Sm22)

Trust me, you DO NOT want him, coming from a Bath fan. We've gone down the toilet because of him.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2012 22:45
He's awful at hands on roles. He's taken Bath so far backwards it's unthinkable. He's got an attack minded team trying to play defensive and pragmatic rugby. If you want to big massive under-achievers then go for him.

tony gee (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 05:10
Quote:
marshie10
He's awful at hands on roles. He's taken Bath so far backwards it's unthinkable. He's got an attack minded team trying to play defensive and pragmatic rugby. If you want to big massive under-achievers then go for him.

Sounds like he will fit in!

19 April, 2012 09:21
Quote:
marshie10

I'm not sure that's fair, as he was never actually a head coach...

Quote:
BBC Sport Website
And McGeechan admits his side have lacked the influence of a head coach on the field: "We know we've operated a coach short this year.
"I was only here in a part-time role to look at the rugby structures and quite clearly they knew I didn't want to come as a head coach. With Steve leaving last year I said that I would support the coaches closely but didn't want to have that role.
"A recommendation from me was that we needed a head coach and that's why the process was started after Christmas. I've made recommendations over what the structure should look like and I've been right about them in the past.

Admin of theArmsPark.co.uk,
Make Noise and You Will Be Heard!

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/170/170_0_1264029860.jpg

bluesmonkey (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 10:02
Yes but Burnell & Baber have said the exact same thing yesterday about operating by themselves and needing other coaches. Geech is past it mate

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net