rugbyunion
Latest News:

Glasgow v cardiff
magic slim (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 21:45
That was tough to watch, is it down to injuries or is there more to this slump, set piece has gone backwards, cant defend driving maul and coughing up to much possession.

Re: Glasgow v cardiff
Pieroblue (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 22:05
If we are the titanic, that ref was the big @#$%& iceberg. Not a chance on salvaging our top 6 chances with the game at his mercy. Comically bad at times

Yup (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 23:15
Big injury list, no 2nd rows, centres who look knackered and Allen confidence gone, morgan and cuthbbert limited, anscombe a big loss at 10 and Lloyd too slow. I thought we were unlucky at scrum tonight, anton piekrishvilli looked to have the better of his opponent but the ref missed their loosehead stepping out under our posts. We just need some players back from injury, bit of luck re 50:50 ref decisions and a bit of the swagger we had in September!! I actually think our pack is doing OK.

John67 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 06:09
Agree. Missing some key players. Earle and NW are massive for the pack and anscombe gives direction. The 2 centres need a rest and our squad quality / depth is way too small, hence now we're knackered rolling out the same squad week in week out. Need money for bigger and better squad. No point looking at strongest 23 as they're are always plenty of injuries in every team.

theflier (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 09:58
Its our key players who are so much better than the replacements, Anscombe, James, Big Nick, tunrbull & earle, even fish given the way MM defence has let tries in around the park(thought it was fantastically average yday, which is high praise)
I assume we can expect something to happen fornext season, even if theres no 1/2p, thats a lot of money to go elsewhere
Still, we're still a far better teamthan seasons gone by

nickj (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 10:21
Whilst I remain fed up and despondent after last night the voice of reality that tries to drag me from that pit of despair agrees about all our absentees (people seem to have forgotten about Gethin in that list) - we'd have done much better over recent weeks with the majority of those players back. And even with all those missing, and those left being knackered, the defence stood up well until they cracked against what is a very good Glasgow attack.
Hope we'll start to get some of the guys back to make a hit and cheer us up later in the season.
Meanwhile my head is trying to stop my heart off the floor!

HeadCoach (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 13:44
I agree with being disappointed but I also believe that our key missing players are having a massive impact.

I just keep reminding myself of the dog's dinner we were less than 2 years ago.....

I believe that Danny needs 3 years to sort out the neglect of the squad that had occurred over a number of years.

We've got to be patient. It's just so difficult, particularly as we started so well in Sept.....

C'mon You Blues!!!

ExiledBlue (IP Logged)
14 January, 2017 19:10
A lot of us said at the start of the season if we get a few injuries in certain positions, namely tight 5, FH & back three then we would struggle with out squat as it is at the moment. That has happened unfortunately but I still have faith in Danny & the rebuild would never happen over night. Also I knew Nick Williams was a class player but I didn't realise how much of an impact he'd have for us, also seems to have affected Ulster looking at the money they have spent on their squad & only a few points ahead of us. Hopefully we'll have a bit more give in the wage cap by the WRU & see a TH prop a couple of locks come in.
also very gutted we didn't get Owen Williams for next season, put Shingler at 12 and we'd have had some depth there.
Not all doom and gloom, I expect another strong end to the season with players coming back but still a season with nothing to play for

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net