Thomas Francis
Bluegazz (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 08:09
Cardiff Blues set their sights on luring Wales prop away from Aviva Premiership

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Re: Thomas Francis
cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 10:31
And Jamie Roberts the newest new rumour.

I suspect we may have a better chance of landing Jamie.

theflier (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 10:46
I will be so unbelievably disappointed if we sign roberts. he's useless now his game is known, infact worse than useless, he won't fit in with our backs, he'll cost atleast 3 times too much, and it would prevent other needed signings, both lee-lo and halaholo are superior, maybe losing one or both?

wales606 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 12:23
Francis would be a very good signing. Would give us some good depth in the tighthead position.

12 March, 2017 15:05
Quote:
theflier
I will be so unbelievably disappointed if we sign roberts. he's useless now his game is known, infact worse than useless, he won't fit in with our backs, he'll cost atleast 3 times too much, and it would prevent other needed signings, both lee-lo and halaholo are superior, maybe losing one or both?

No, Jamie Roberts is far from useless. Him alongside either Halaholo or Lee-Lo would be fantastic.

If he doesnt fit in with our backs who have failed to create and finish tries against the better sides, then that's fine with me.

Cardiffblues1 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 19:57
Jamie is probably the one we will get as he has lost his Welsh spot and will likely not get a wildcard slot as there are four wild cards and North, Halfpenny, Williams amd Faletau. He needs to get back to Wales amd put in some huge performances although I still feel sore about the state of his performances for us before he left.
Also think Halfpenny has lost his head. Massive error staying in Toulon whatever the money.
Francis would be great and talks are presumably happening or we wouldn't be talking about it

Jazz and blood (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 21:28
Totally agree ...as much as roberts was ...a great servant for club and country ...he is the past ...too expensive I would guess .......we need to spend the money elsewhere ....I am hoping danny is building for the future ....not dwelling in the past .....but we don't have the final say . I trust in Danny .....but not sure if some of the signings are being driven from above ...... oe even worse influences outside of the club

binman (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 21:51
Simon Thomas just tweeted that he's spoken to the club and Jamie is not in the radar.

Francis would be a fantastic signing, can't honestly say I'd be upset if we signed Jamie, he's still a world class center but it's one of the few positions we have adequate depth next season.

cardiffblues1 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 08:48
Can't say I'm sorry about Jamie.

Re the future: If anyone has watched the under20s play we have some very fine young players in the pipeline but they need to be brought through carefully. Every club needs a good blend of youth and experience, of players who are Wales stars and players who are there for every game. I think we are getting there in terms of the right blend. Most importantly the attitude is right on and off the pitch. Danny is a fine coach.
If we can agree a deal for Francis that would be excellent. He is first choice for Wales currently and with both Bubba and Dillon Lewis behind him and Assiratti coming up behind. That would be a good environment.

neilcardiff (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:57
roberts will be a great signing for the blues if he wants to come back with cory allen leaving can do with another center,we definatly could do with francis a young ish prop something we need

sionlikesmusic (IP Logged)
27 March, 2017 15:48
BBC Sport are now reporting that we're in talks with the WRU and Exeter to agree a deal for Francis. Given how poor our scrum was on Saturday, I think this signing has to become one of our priorities.

I like Anton, but his scrummaging seems a bit hit and miss, and for my money there are serious questions over Bubba's ability at scrum time. To bring in the current first choice Welsh tight head would be a massive signing for us, and to be honest it's one that we need more than bringing Jamie back.

Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
28 March, 2017 00:02
Just a heads up.. Tomas Francis is contracted at Exeter until 2019.. Unless Exeter decide to release him it would be a costly signing to bring him to Wales.

sionlikesmusic (IP Logged)
28 March, 2017 13:06
Yeah, BBC are reporting that a fee is being negotiated as part of the deal (or that at least there would need to be one). I think it'd be worth it though.

28 March, 2017 13:27
In a pure rugby sense, we need a tighthead much more than another fullback or centre.

But as with any ndc deal, we need to bear in mind that his games will be limited.

Biggest hope at tighthead is for dillon lewis to get back to 100% and stay there.

cardiffblues1 (IP Logged)
28 March, 2017 14:59
Francis at tighthead for 16 games per season with Dillon coming up behind plus Bubba and Assiratti sounds okay to me. I think he will improve his fitness and his game with Danny as a coach. The WRU will pay a reasonable transfer fee to bring him back under their control.
People always moan about limited games with an NDC but truth is those games are crucial to us. I'd imagine if Exeter weren't open to this and talks weren't well advanced we wouldn't even know about it.

Exiledblue (IP Logged)
30 March, 2017 09:10
Great singing on a NDC, have Bubba as a utility front rower, don't renew Antons contract & also sign Willgriff John as I assume he'll be cheaper & has been pulli up trees in the English championship which is a proven competition & developing tight heads.
Francis, Lewis, John & Assirati at TH & Jenkins, Gill, Thyer, Corey at LH, Dacey, Myhill, Lewis, Belcher hooker & Bubba as a utility. That's the sort of strength in depth of Welsh players the Blues & Wales need

southcoast5 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2017 18:46
Quote:
Exiledblue
Great singing on a NDC, have Bubba as a utility front rower, don't renew Antons contract & also sign Willgriff John as I assume he'll be cheaper & has been pulli up trees in the English championship which is a proven competition & developing tight heads.
Francis, Lewis, John & Assirati at TH & Jenkins, Gill, Thyer, Corey at LH, Dacey, Myhill, Lewis, Belcher hooker & Bubba as a utility. That's the sort of strength in depth of Welsh players the Blues & Wales need

And they're all Welsh.

30 March, 2017 19:44
Quote:
southcoast5
Quote:
Exiledblue

And they're all Welsh.

Also lets not forget local boy, the giant rampaging Under 20s Rhys Carre. Who also looks a great prospect.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Cardiff Blues Poll

Where will Cardiff Blues finish in the Pro 12 League Season 2016-2017?

See results > Submit >>