rugbyunion
Latest News:

Cardiff RFC
Dave RFC (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:56
I'm reading some utter rubbish on here regarding closing down Cardiff RFC.

Let's get this straight - Cardiff RFC play in the Welsh Premiership. Cardiff RFC is not the BLUES. Blues is a region.

Let's remember where the history of Cardiff Rugby has come from.

Some of you are totally blinkered.

I hope the lease does not get signed and the Blues are thrown out of CAP.

Best solution for the Blues is to build a stadium within the Treforest area and become a proper region.

Drop the name Cardiff as that belongs to the RFC.

Re: Cardiff RFC
cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:18
"Cardiff rfc" will be scrapped or amateur within the next 10 years.

Sorry.

Thames (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:22
I assume you believe you are not blinkered?

History is fantastic, it shapes everything we know.

However, it should not be a barrier to the future and progress.

Cardiff RFC could become history if this deal does not happen - I doubt anyone wishes that.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people do not want a successful team in the city, which will represent Cardiff, the Blues, the RFC, whatever you wish to call it.

But don't let it die

Bluenblack53 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:05
Cardiff rfc was a great club with a proud history. It is now a joke and an embarrassment to long time supporters like me and to the city of Cardiff. It needs to be put out of its misery not kept going for the aggrandisement of nonentity blazers unless it gets its act together and soon

southcoast5 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 21:08
The Cardiff RFC that I grew up watching and have supported for over 50 years has emerged from the chaos of the early pro game as the Cardiff Blues. That may not be the legal case but it's the reality and there's no point thinking otherwise. The WRU needs to call it a region for their own reasons but we all know otherwise.
Cardiff RFC have continued in a half life and it's been convenient for some of us to treat them as the Rags simply because that's who we might have supported in the old days when Cardiff 1st XV were playing away.
It's been a massive disappointment and a shame that the club side has been badly managed and not been given sustained and systematic access to the Blues squad and I believe that can and should change. However in the pro era the Cardiff Blues are the real legacy of the club founded in 1876 and should be supported as such.

Selgwent (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 22:26
I know I'm old, but...

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
'Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot.

(Sm102)

Bluenblack53 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 22:39
Quote:
southcoast5
The Cardiff RFC that I grew up watching and have supported for over 50 years has emerged from the chaos of the early pro game as the Cardiff Blues. That may not be the legal case but it's the reality and there's no point thinking otherwise. The WRU needs to call it a region for their own reasons but we all know otherwise.
Cardiff RFC have continued in a half life and it's been convenient for some of us to treat them as the Rags simply because that's who we might have supported in the old days when Cardiff 1st XV were playing away.
It's been a massive disappointment and a shame that the club side has been badly managed and not been given sustained and systematic access to the Blues squad and I believe that can and should change. However in the pro era the Cardiff Blues are the real legacy of the club founded in 1876 and should be supported as such.
This contribution expresses so well and so accurately exactly how I feel. I wish I had your way with words southcoast5!

cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 23:02
Quote:
southcoast5

Very well put.

Dave RFC (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 11:45
Let's hope the lease is not agreed.

The car park itself will lead to a healthy Cardiff RFC future.

Blues is the region - better off based in Treforest, easy access to all within the region.

With the WRU merge - The new region will be East Blues with the Dragons region ran as a development team.

Cardiff needs a successful RFC team.

Bluenblack53 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 12:49
Quote:
Dave RFC

Blues is the region - better off based in Treforest, easy access to all within the region.

With the WRU merge - The new region will be East Blues with the Dragons region ran as a development team.

Ok you have got us as you are probably a windup merchant! If not you are deluded. A successful rfc in a tin pot league ,the south stand closed as unsafe and the ground crumbling around the couple of hundred spectators. If that is your vision you are welcome to it

sionlikesmusic (IP Logged)
27 March, 2017 15:50
Quote:
southcoast5

+1

CRFC1876 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 16:15
Quote:
Dave RFC

Dave you seem to have little understanding of either the history of the club and none of the company structure Perhaps we can help you out though...

Chief executive, Robert Norster, has revealed the identity and image for the new Cardiff region, Cardiff Blues

Peter Thomas, Chairman of Cardiff Rugby Football Club Ltd., has today clarified the position taken by the Board of Directors following David Moffett's most recent proposals for change

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4177/34491764432_2ff685d0d4_o.pngStructure of Cardiff Rugby[/url]

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Cardiff Blues Poll

Where will Cardiff Blues finish in the Pro 12 League Season 2016-2017?

See results > Submit >>