capsgon (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 22:25
No thread on the O's game?
This site must be on its'last legs.
Well played Cardiff - great performance

Re: Hammering the Ospreys
Cardiffblues1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 22:43
first time in seven years. Outstanding. Absolutely fantastic performance. We've moved up into 7th and with Zebre to come & Drags we should stay there which I think means a French side in the play off. Currently Pau.

Selgwent (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 22:51
To the players, coaches and management of the team, thank you and congratulations on this afternoon's comprehensive plucking and stuffing of the Ospreys.
Just one small point,
what a shame no-one saw fit to share it with the members back in the club after the game.
Never mind I'm sure that corporate commitments are far more important in the eyes of management than us fans.

Rich. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 11:37
Fabulous! Da iawn Caerdydd!!

cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 11:47
The tradition of last season rallies continues!

bluesmudger (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 14:01
Think the game confirmed what we all know, we have a decent 23 if everyone is fit.

A little more depth added to the squad could make all the difference.

Who is due to leave in the summer?

NEILCARDIFF (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 20:55
i was there and it was a great performance best ive seen the blues play this season

Ahp (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 08:32
I think Corey Allen is the only confirmed departure so far. Not sure whether Anton, Filise, will carry on, especially if we sign Francis. Hoeata maybe leaving as we've signed two new 2nd rows?

binman (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 11:35
Have we announced anscombe resigning yet? I keep hearing it's a done deal but I'm always anxious until the club officially announces. Especially since he's stringing together some decent performances recently

cardiffblues1 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 17:53
It's a technical issue over who pays the agent's fees on the NDC but the deal is agreed and signed I believe. He's staying.

sionlikesmusic (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 09:54
That was an outstanding performance from the boys, and it was so satisfying not to have just about won, but to have comprehensively beaten our bogey team. To see the passion from the players when they scored showed how much it meant to them, which was great to see.

Personally, I thought Willis had one of his better games for us - he was solid in defence, carried well and that grubber for Anscombe's try was a peach. Nick Williams was outstanding (loved the tussle he had with AWJ at half time), Lee-Lo had a great shift, and Hoeata's form the past few weeks has gone through the roof. Have to say as well, our back row were on a different level to theirs.

My friends and I were guessing that it was five years since we last beat the Ospreys, turns out it was actually seven, so a huge thank you to the players and the management for reversing that trend.

Also really pleased for Danny Wilson, the way some pundits have talked about the Blues this year you wouldn't have thought we've progressed under DW and while you're only as good as your next game I think Saturday proved to a lot of people that, when we're on it and fully fit(ish), we can hurt teams.

neilcardiff (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 21:09
for me Hoeata's is putting some good games as hes staying injury free hope he stays as hes the sort of second rpw we need

bluesmudger (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 21:53
Hoeata's recent form is too little too late for me. Think Cook has impressed this year.

I'd like Filise to stay on - even if it is in a player/coach capacity.

Be surprised if Francis comes next season, maybe the one after that - he still has two years to run on his contract in Exeter. Does anybody know any different?

Starting XV for 2017/18:
G Jenkins, Dacey, The Georgian, Earle, Der Merwe, Navidi, E Jenkins, N Williams
L Williams, Anscombe, james, Lee-Lo, Halaholo, Cuthbert, Fish

Subs: Gill, Myhill, ??, Welch, Turnbull, T Williams, Shingler, R Williams

Not sure who would be the tighthead on the bench.

capsgon (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 21:57
Harsh on Sam

Ben Blair's Right Peg (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 23:08
If we want a team that will be competitive we need a first team that will be unaffected in the hard months of January and feb when the international are away and injuries come into play.

This ear we've been very hard done by injuries but the weekend was like rolling back the years, i think my highlight was the celebrations by all the players after Nick Williams and Filise scored. That's what gels teams together and generates team spirit.

I think one of the most important things is keeping this group of players together next year and adding experience because i think we have a very good mix of experience and youth now.

They need a good pre-season together to bond and gel.

Ben Blair's Right Peg (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 23:24
Next year's squad:

Props: Jenkins, Lewis, the georgian, Thyer, Gill, *Francis*, Andrews, Assirati, Domachowski
Hookers: Myhill, Dacey, Belcher
Second Rows: Earle, Cook, Hoeata, Welch, Van der Merwe, Davies
Back row: Bennett, Warbuton, Navidi, Turnbull, Jenkins, N Williams
SH: L Williams, T Williams, Jones
FH: Anscombe, Shingler, Evans
Centres: Halaholo, Lee-lo, Roberts, Smith
Wings: Scully, James, Cuthbert, Summerhill,
Full back: Morgan, Fish, R Williams

That doesn't leave a NWQ slot available and I think there need for another addition but i'm not sure what position needs strengthening.

If not long term injuries (Tunrbull) or unfair suspensions (Earle) we might have a decent squad there...

cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 01:00
Quote:
Ben Blair's Right Peg
Next year's squad:
Props: Jenkins, Lewis, the georgian, Thyer, Gill, *Francis*, Andrews, Assirati, Domachowski
Hookers: Myhill, Dacey, Belcher
Second Rows: Earle, Cook, Hoeata, Welch, Van der Merwe, Davies
Back row: Bennett, Warbuton, Navidi, Turnbull, Jenkins, N Williams
SH: L Williams, T Williams, Jones
FH: Anscombe, Shingler, Evans
Centres: Halaholo, Lee-lo, Roberts, Smith
Wings: Scully, James, Cuthbert, Summerhill,
Full back: Morgan, Fish, R Williams

That doesn't leave a NWQ slot available and I think there need for another addition but i'm not sure what position needs strengthening.

If not long term injuries (Tunrbull) or unfair suspensions (Earle) we might have a decent squad there...

I dont think Pietrishvili or Hoeata will be staying.

Bluesmudger (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 04:57
Quote:
capsgon
Harsh on Sam

I assumed he'd be injured.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Cardiff Blues Poll

Where will Cardiff Blues finish in the Pro 12 League Season 2016-2017?

See results > Submit >>