rugbyunion
Latest News:

Wales Summer Tour Squad
sionlikesmusic (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 13:51
It's been announced today, what are people's thoughts?

FORWARDS:
Scott Baldwin, Jake Ball, Adam Beard, Kristian Dacey, Seb Davies, Ryan Elias, Rob Evans, Tomas Francis, Ollie Griffiths, Cory Hill, Ellis Jenkins, Wyn Jones, James King, Samson Lee, Josh Navidi, Nicky Smith, Rory Thornton, Thomas Young.

BACKS:
Cory Allen, Gareth Anscombe, Alex Cuthbert, Aled Davies, Gareth Davies, Sam Davies, Steff Evans, Keelan Giles, Tyler Morgan, Jamie Roberts (captain), Owen Williams, Rhun Williams, Scott Williams, Tomos Williams.

Overall, not bad, I think. It's great to see so many of the Blues boys get picked, especially Navidi, I think it's long overdue that he deserved some recognition by the Welsh management for his form. At the other end of the spectrum, I don't know how Cory Allen has got himself a space on that plane.

From the other regions/clubs, I'm really looking forward to seeing Steff Evans, Ollie Griffiths, Thomas Young and Owen Williams play.

Re: Wales Summer Tour Squad
ExiledBlue (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 14:34
I think we look light weight at lock, I think Cory Hill is a very good player but there's a reason why he was released & Cook was kept. Price has also been playing very well so surprised that Beard has got in ahead of him, undoubtedly a player with great potential though.
Surprised Beck & Patch aren't there as options at 12, if Wales are looking to evolve their attack why pick Jamie? It would be better for Wales if Charteris went instead of Jamie imo.
Rhun Williams is a special player & deserves the call on form br still harsh to leave out Dan Evans, I just hope the squad isn't too inexperienced & come back having lost 2-0.

From the squad picked the team I'd like to see would be:

Evans Baldwin Francis
Ball Thornton
King Jenkins
Navidi
G. Davies
S. Davies
O. Williams
S. Williams
Giles Cuthbert
Anscombe

Dacey, Smith, Lee, Beard, Young, T. Williams, Morgan, S. Evans

cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 15:22
Hill is bigger and better than Cook. Phil Davies was always wrong to release him.

That said I dont think Hill is really test quality. The good news is that Samoa and Tonga arent renowned for their second rows either.

Canton Blue (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 18:21
I think your choice of centres might be the best, but If Jamie is going as captain, he will start both games.

ExiledBlue (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 18:53
You think Cardiff steve? I do like Hill, I think looking back at our second row issues we were definitely wrong to release him. Both to small in the row at test level unfortunately but I do prefer Cook

Yeah Jamie will start which I think is a shame, especially on guys like Owen williams & especially Beck, playing in Wales had a fantastic season.

pieroblue (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 10:01
My starting 15 for the tour games- we need experience and physicality in with the youngsters otherwise they could get battered and damage their future chances.. Agree lacking in the second row.  Also could have done with baker at 8..

15. Rhun Williams
14. Steff Evans
13. Jamie Roberts
12. Scott Williams
11. Keelan Giles
10. Sam Davies
9. Gareth Davies
8. Navidi
7. Ellis Jenkins
6. Thomas Young
5. Jake Ball
4. Cory Hill
3. Francis
2. Dacey
1. Rob Evans

cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 14:59
Quote:
ExiledBlue
You think Cardiff steve? I do like Hill, I think looking back at our second row issues we were definitely wrong to release him. Both to small in the row at test level unfortunately but I do prefer Cook
Yeah Jamie will start which I think is a shame, especially on guys like Owen williams & especially Beck, playing in Wales had a fantastic season.

Yeah, Hill is bigger than Cook, no question. He shouldnt have been released. As I say on the other thread, Phil Davies made some bad decisions on which layers to retain.

I think Cook has everything you want from a second row apart from size.

Ahp (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 20:41
That's what I would go for too pieroblue. Suspect they will go for King and Cuthbert instead though.

theflier (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 22:20
Anscombe is far ahead of S. Davies, more pace, flatter pass and a far stronger counter attack, territory play may not be as good though
We wouldn't need a centre shake up if we put patch at 15 and recreate his and anscombes double receiver pairing
Not a fan of G. Davies, J. Evans at the turks is better

BluesMikel (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 12:13
Do have to feel for Shingler not getting in. Very adapt at covering 10,12 and 15. He did have a good season and put some good showings out for us

ExiledBlue (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 11:52
Oh yeah don't get me wrong I think Hill is a top player, would be the perfect squad second row but this season especially I think Cook has been brilliant for us & right now if I had to pick one or the other I'd go with Cook, for us anyway.
Fair play to Cory but was shocked he was capped over Thornton & even Beard, Tom Price has been fantastic for the scarlets aswell

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Cardiff Blues Poll

Where will Cardiff Blues finish in the Pro 12 League Season 2016-2017?

See results > Submit >>