8. Williams

9. L. Williams
10. Anscombe
11. James
12. Halaholo
13. Lee-Lo
14. Cuthbert
15. Morgan

Bench - Myhill, Domachowski, Peikrishvili, S. Davies, Bennett, T. Williams, Shingler, Williams

Stade:

1. VanDerMerve
2. Bonfils
3. Alo-Emile
4. Alberts
5. Gabrillagues
6. Burban
7. Ugena
8. Parisse

9. Dupuy
10. Steyn
11. Macalou
12. Bosman
13. Danty
14. Vuidravuwalu
15. Sinzelle

Bench - Panis, Slimani, Melikidze, DeGiovanni, Lakafia, Daguin, Plisson, Ross

Re: Team vs Stade
cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 14:56
Our chances in this game:

1) Our front five pull off a miracle and match bigger opposite numbers for 80 minutes.

2) Our back row play out of their skins, we turn them over and score counter attacking tries. liek in leinster only without losing.

3) Stade are still hungover.

sionlikesmusic (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 15:37
Does anyone know how far off their full strength team the Stade XV is? I read that they've made nine changes from last Friday so I assume we're not getting the first choice team.

That said, I think the scrum's going to be put through the ringer. Hopefully we can play around that and not fall into a game of trying to take them on up front.

Rich. (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 15:56
Out of interest, Stade team against Gloucester last week was
Stade Francais: Bonneval; Vuidarvuwalu, Doumayrou, Danty, Camara; Plisson, Genia; Van der Merwe, Bonfils, Slimani, Pyle, Gabrillagues, Burban, Ross, Parisse (capt).

Replacements: Panis, Zhvania, Alo Emile, Alberts, Lakafia, Dupuy, Steyn, Sinzelle

So pretty similar. Although winning a final is great Stade will I'm sure be more keen on winning the play offs to get a Champions Cup place. But we have a very good side and if we can hold them up front for long enough I feel we will hit top form and win. Would have been good to have gone but hey will be watching over telly!

capsgon (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:44
I think we could win this - but Morgan picked over Rhun - why?

ze stade fan (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 07:59
Quote:
cardiff_steve
Our chances in this game:
1) Our front five pull off a miracle and match bigger opposite numbers for 80 minutes.

2) Our back row play out of their skins, we turn them over and score counter attacking tries. liek in leinster only without losing.

3) Stade are still hungover.

You bet they are ! Five days of reckless partying!!!

Maybe the gin stench will go to Cardiff Blues' heads during the game?(Sm100)

sionlikesmusic (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:46
Quote:
capsgon
I think we could win this - but Morgan picked over Rhun - why?

Maybe they think he'll cause a big Stade team more problems in broken field, but I think he's going to be in for a very tough night. Imagine Alberts running at him, it's going to be one way traffic. That or he pulls it out of the bag and has the biggest defensive shift of his life - we can but hope!

19 May, 2017 11:48
One of the reasons Morgan is ineffective against decent teams is they watch the tapes. They know we want them to kick back poorly and give Morgan a chance to run. They know what's coming from him, and prepare for it.

I've a notion that one difference with French teams is that they spend less time on analysing the opposition.

So, Morgan may find that he actually has a bit more space on the counter tonight, and he'll have a blinder.

Or, Parisse may just squash him.

Rich. (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:02
The problem is that the one bit of analysis they are doing is reading this site - so now they know the plan they need!!!

19 May, 2017 12:32
Quote:
Rich.
The problem is that the one bit of analysis they are doing is reading this site - so now they know the plan they need!!!

Unfortunately the only plan they may need is called "scrummaging".

ExiledBlue (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:43
I honestly believe we can beat them. Slimani is their weapon at the set piece, their best scrummaging front row are in the bench.
We stay accurate & we can stay away from their strengths & play to ours. Agree about Morgan, against a slightly less organised, bigger team he can be used to full affect.

I look at the 2 starting teams to a man & I don't see them as any better, Alberts is a monster but in the row & Cook is in the form of his life. Two different types of 8s but if we implement our game hand ours will get the upper hand. Also it's clear they want to play 10 man, set piece & teritory rugby & no doubt will be shell shocked when we come out the blocks against them!

Only bad thing about it all is the stupid scheduling

ExiledBlue (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 17:24
Playing very well so far! Set piece looking strong, something's not going to hand but looking sharp. Ref has been dull, not given us an inch so far.
Well deserved of the lead 3-7, 20mins gone

Rich. (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:07
To be fair many would have given us a yellow card near end of first half. Great play so far. C'mon Bois!

robin58 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 10:52
Lots of guts shown by the side did play with spirit to the end Terrible injury toll hope none of them too serious and all will be fit by next season

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Cardiff Blues Poll

Where will Cardiff Blues finish in the Pro 12 League Season 2016-2017?

See results > Submit >>