rugbyunion
Latest News:

Clive Jones appointment - genius move
Anfarwol (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 17:10
Got a real lift reading this story today about us appointing Clive Jones. This is what we need to properly unite the region and maximise the most of the latent potential in our own backyard. I love the language he's used, inspiring

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Re: Clive Jones appointment - genius move
cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 17:51
I know he's a good coach with a talent for player development. Theres plenty of evidence for this.

I'm not convinced by the "two provinces" stuff at all. Seems completely counterproductive and the opposite of unity.

Anfarwol (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 18:06
I know what you mean but I think it's just a reality check on the truth. As much as I'd love for everyone to be "at one", the reality is the playing and watching demographics are different in say Cowbridge to say in Merthyr and everywhere inbetween and the way the region is positioned, marketed and the young players are engaged at different age groups will need to be subtly different to wins hearts and minds. To date, we've tried valiantly to capture everyone with the same net and it just hasn't worked so I think Clive's approach is worth a go.

cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 18:16
No, I'm sorry but I think that's crazy.

In any geographical area you are going to have differences.

Yes, obviously Cowbridge is different to Merthyr. Ely isnt like Brecon. Barry isnt like Hirwaun. Well, yeah. Name any province or region anywhere on the planet and it will be the same. It doesnt mean you need to draw a line between them.

You may as well say Roath is different to Lisvane, so you need to split the city in two.

This is, in reality, a tiny area we are talking about. It shares the same bleedin' postcode. Dividing it in two is in danger of just reinforcing petty prejudices for no reason.

southcoast5 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:35
What planet is this man on ? I've just read the link. You can drive east to west of the region in 30 mins and north to south on a good day in 45. It sounds like he's just regurgitated some corporate speak that got him the job. I'm sure he's a capable man and I think it right we focus on home grown talent. Bear in mind the equivalent postion at Quins covers a population of over 6m and a geographic reach of many hundreds of miles.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Cardiff Blues Poll

Where will Cardiff Blues finish in the Pro 12 League Season 2016-2017?

See results > Submit >>