rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Greatest Uncapped Cardiff XV
1876 Cardiff Rugby (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:56
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: The Greatest Uncapped Cardiff XV
Phil eidman (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 22:22
Would've had Cordle in tbh, & didn't Jamie Ringer get a couple of caps?

Gr8 memories though!

Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 06:35
Hello Phil. Your right Ringer did! That’s him out then!

southcoast5 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 20:27
Great post. All a bit recent but I guess that’s unavoidable. No pre 60s videos and few lef5 who can remember. Still here are some suggestions

Sid Judd - no8. If you beat the ABs you must be up there.
John Nelson ditto
Stan Bowes ditto
Tony Williams - Bleddyns youngest brother in 60s. Better 12 than 10 and a really clever footballer.
Jim Mills - lock who’d chew up any of those mentioned.
Gwylim Treharne - 60s scrum half. Rapid service and decent kicking game. BTW Samuel better than Booth.
Honourable mention for Mark McJennet - 8 or 5.
Hi key better than Larkin.

Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 22:01
Quote:
southcoast5
Great post. All a bit recent but I guess that’s unavoidable. No pre 60s videos and few lef5 who can remember. Still here are some suggestions
John Nelson ditto
Stan Bowes ditto
Tony Williams - Bleddyns youngest brother in 60s. Better 12 than 10 and a really clever footballer.
Gwylim Treharne - 60s scrum half. Rapid service and decent kicking game. BTW Samuel better than Booth.

I did look at a few of those names and I believed possible incorrectly that Bowes and Judd were capped? Was some really tough choices made. Maybe you should put your team together I can put it up on the site and see what people think?

09 August, 2018 13:43
My team would be close to Craig's choice, with Gerry Wallace, Tim Crothers, John Davies, and Marc Stcherbina in the centre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 13:46 by Ian Robinson Was Innocent.

Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 17:47
Quote:
Ian Robinson Was Innocent
My team would be close to Craig's choice, with Gerry Wallace, Tim Crothers, John Davies, and Marc Stcherbina in the centre.

I had Wallace but received a presidents cap for his appearance for Wales v Tonga which initially was not given a full cap status. Stcherbina! Forgot about him. Dammit.

10 August, 2018 11:36
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Quote:

I had Wallace but received a presidents cap for his appearance for Wales v Tonga which initially was not given a full cap status. Stcherbina! Forgot about him. Dammit.

Matt Allen could have been another option at centre.

Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:41
Quote:
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Quote:

Matt Allen could have been another option at centre.

Allen was decent but seemed very one dimensional to me. Stcherbina had more o his game I my view.

southcoast5 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 21:09
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Quote:
southcoast5
John Nelson ditto
Stan Bowes ditto

I did look at a few of those names and I believed possible incorrectly that Bowes and Judd were capped? Was some really tough choices made. Maybe you should put your team together I can put it up on the site and see what people think?

Quite right about Sid Judd he won 10 caps but Stan Bowes was uncapped. I began to watch in the early 60s and much of my player knowledge was inherited from my dad who watched from the late 40s and had unimpeachable views which can’t now be challenged because he’s no longer with us. From my watching pre 80s I’d propose the following

John Davies
Steve Hughes
John Regan
Tony Williams
PL Jones
Keith James
Gwilym Treharne

Stan Bowes
Gary Davies
Roger Beard
Jim Mills
Lyn Baxter
John Hickey
Roger Lane
John Nelson

Not much science in this and not much research - just some distant memories. Still it may prompt some memories and responses.

Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 21:22
Quote:
southcoast5
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Quote:
southcoast5
John Nelson ditto
Stan Bowes ditto

Quite right about Sid Judd he won 10 caps but Stan Bowes was uncapped. I began to watch in the early 60s and much of my player knowledge was inherited from my dad who watched from the late 40s and had unimpeachable views which can’t now be challenged because he’s no longer with us. From my watching pre 80s I’d propose the following

John Davies
Steve Hughes
John Regan
Tony Williams
PL Jones
Keith James
Gwilym Treharne

Stan Bowes
Gary Davies
Roger Beard
Jim Mills
Lyn Baxter
John Hickey
Roger Lane
John Nelson

Not much science in this and not much research - just some distant memories. Still it may prompt some memories and responses.

Very good side mate - Other people’s thoughts?

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net