rugbyunion
Latest News:

Needed to Strengthen the Squad
newsilure (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 14:46
The team are not going too badly this year but we are still clearly not strong enough to compete regularly with the best teams. So I have been thinking about where we we need to strengthen further.

Loose head - probably Ok, Thyer and Gill Brad can both hold their own and if Rhys Carre improves his technique we may have another prop star.

Tight head - Definitely OK, Dmitri and Dylan are both good performers and Assiratti is also coming through well.

Hooker - Needs bolstering, with Smiler out I haven't seen any of the others stand up to give Dacey adequate backup.

2cnd Row - Needs bolstering, Seb has only played there a couple of times this year so its hard to judge just how well he is coming on. Earl is very competent, Down doesn't let us down and Turnbull performs well whatever position he plays in. I would like to see Samoa get a couple of starts in the 2cnd row as he may be the answer but I still feel we need another combative player in this position

Wing Forwards - probably OK, although the cupboard looks a lot less full without Warburton and with Navidi and Ellis injured.

No 8 - Probably needs bolstering - OK Navidi is a good alternative to Nick and Samoa might be good if he ever starts to play full games, but it still looks like we could do with a big young player to bring on in this role as we are at prop. I don't think Seb should be messed around.

Scrum Half - Probably Ok, although I am not sure about Lewis Jones as a backup it has to be said that his first pass this weekend was a cracker.

No 10 - Definitely OK

Centre - Needs bolstering, we have three very good centre is Willis, Rey and Garyn but I think they are two similar and although Rey and Willis are individually hard to defend against the general way our centres will play is fairly predictable and I think we need a Warrenball centre to give opponents something else to think about.

Wings - Probably needs bolstering, not sure what has happened to Tom this time, we have several good wings but would benefit through having a flat out speed merchant.

Full Back - Needs bolstering, nipper is very good, but its unfair to Anscombe to have him as the main cover, Fish hasn't had a chance this season and a few tears back looked promising if sometimes rash.

Thoughts?

Re: Needed to Strengthen the Squad
AHP (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 17:15
What state is Jack Roberts in? He was excellent for Leicester before he signed but has hardly played.

newsilure (IP Logged)
11 November, 2018 19:48
Finding out about the state of injured players is something I find hard with the Blues. I actualy dropped them a line a few weeks back to ask them to consider putting out a regular update on the state of injuries. I think that was something that used to happen when Dai Young was in charge.

southcoast5 (IP Logged)
12 November, 2018 08:22
Quote:
newsilure
Finding out about the state of injured players is something I find hard with the Blues. I actualy dropped them a line a few weeks back to ask them to consider putting out a regular update on the state of injuries. I think that was something that used to happen when Dai Young was in charge.
As I understand it itís the players who decide how much publicity their injuries may be given. Itís down to medical confidentiality. I may be wrong and would be happy for clarity from anyone out there.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net