rugbyunion
Latest News:

Cardiff RFC Players Ready to Step Up?
Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
04 May, 2019 13:07
After a good season for Cardiff RFC and with Cardiff Blues looking to see if they can save money and improve the squad are any of the Cardiff RFC players likely to get some game time for the region next season? My own thoughts are from what I have seen Ben Thomas, Max Llewellyn, Joey Tomlinson, Callum Bradbury could all get some game time next season. At 8 as well if Nick Williams does not get offered a new contract then Morgan Allen may also get back into regional rugby. Whatís your thoughts?

 
Re: Cardiff RFC Players Ready to Step Up?
cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
05 May, 2019 22:09
Pretty sure Allen already distanced himself from the likelihood of a callup on twitter.

Im certain Joey Tomlinson could play pro. Its just a question of if hes better than our other hookers. Does he merit a contract more than Liam Belcher, Ethan Lewis or Kirby Myhill.

Ben Thomas is exciting and I hope he makes it.

Ed Howley and Gareth Thompson the other two I thought looked really good and maybe could be late developers.

 
Re: Cardiff RFC Players Ready to Step Up?
Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
05 May, 2019 22:14
Yes Allen did, but needs must and if Big Nick is not there next season then a ball carrying 8 maybe required.

Thompson looks a bit on the small side to me but has ability. Howley I like but as back three player think there is adequate cover. Tomlinson better than the others? Not Dacey but others in my view not much in it at all from what I have seen last 2 years.

 
Re: Cardiff RFC Players Ready to Step Up?
cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
05 May, 2019 22:35
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Yes Allen did, but needs must and if Big Nick is not there next season then a ball carrying 8 maybe required.
Thompson looks a bit on the small side to me but has ability. Howley I like but as back three player think there is adequate cover. Tomlinson better than the others? Not Dacey but others in my view not much in it at all from what I have seen last 2 years.

Adams is a nailed on Wales starter. Lane and Amos may well be involved. I can see us needing another back 3 player.

Plus, if Fish and Morgan end up being 10 cover, another goalkicker could be important. I think Howley is worth a look.

 
Re: Cardiff RFC Players Ready to Step Up?
Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
05 May, 2019 22:39
Quote:
cardiff_steve
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Yes Allen did, but needs must and if Big Nick is not there next season then a ball carrying 8 maybe required.
Thompson looks a bit on the small side to me but has ability. Howley I like but as back three player think there is adequate cover. Tomlinson better than the others? Not Dacey but others in my view not much in it at all from what I have seen last 2 years.

Adams is a nailed on Wales starter. Lane and Amos may well be involved. I can see us needing another back 3 player.

Plus, if Fish and Morgan end up being 10 cover, another goalkicker could be important. I think Howley is worth a look.

Is Howley a regular kicker? When I have seen Cardiff play Thompson or Stefan Jones has kicked. Is a good player so who knows going to be an interesting summer.

 
Re: Cardiff RFC Players Ready to Step Up?
cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
06 May, 2019 22:39
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Quote:
cardiff_steve
Quote:
Craig Muncey
Yes Allen did, but needs must and if Big Nick is not there next season then a ball carrying 8 maybe required.
Thompson looks a bit on the small side to me but has ability. Howley I like but as back three player think there is adequate cover. Tomlinson better than the others? Not Dacey but others in my view not much in it at all from what I have seen last 2 years.

Adams is a nailed on Wales starter. Lane and Amos may well be involved. I can see us needing another back 3 player.

Plus, if Fish and Morgan end up being 10 cover, another goalkicker could be important. I think Howley is worth a look.

Is Howley a regular kicker? When I have seen Cardiff play Thompson or Stefan Jones has kicked. Is a good player so who knows going to be an interesting summer.

Long range kicker but dare say he could become a regular option. He has a bit of class about him and maybe could kick on.

 
Re: Cardiff RFC Players Ready to Step Up?
neil cardiff (IP Logged)
12 May, 2019 08:36
think allen can do a job if he wants to step up again as been at regional levelbefore


Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?