rugbyunion
Latest News:

England team named to face Australian Barbarians
Unofficial England Rugby Union (IP Logged)
07 June, 2010 06:43
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: England team named to face Australian Barbarians
Patrick (IP Logged)
07 June, 2010 09:02
Surprised to see Barkley's inclusion and would have thought one of either Attwood or Parling would have been a good bet for the Test team, maybe they still will if they only get 40 minutes. Looking forward to it though. Good idea to keep the club combinations at 9 and 10 and in the front row.

07 June, 2010 10:09
I hope Barkely at 12 is a way of easing him back into the Test team. If they pick Hape and Tindall as the starting centres against Australia we will get nailed in midfield.

I suspect we will get plenty of ball - Australia are looking very weak in their front row due top a whole glut of injuries. It's what we do with it, for we are the masters of possession without invention whereas the Aussies survive on scraps and tend to use those scraps to rip great holes open in the opposition.

A decent team, I'd love to see how they go but I'll be at work and since Uncle Rupert's minions have deemed this unworthy to be properly televised, I'm not sure how I'll ever get to see even the highlights from the solitary camera that will be there.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
07 June, 2010 16:26
Sky Sports

Quote:
S Barnes esq
Although Johnson refused to be drawn on the number of players in with a chance of making the upgrade from midweek to Test side, Olly Barkley gave the game away, admitting the Test team was already selected.

So, only playing for the win or at best a chance of a game in the second test

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
08 June, 2010 08:17
Apologies in advance Kath, I left the house in a hurry this morning and forgot camera. I wil have no pics of this game, unless I happen upon a disposable on my way to the game.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/2451156279081.gif
We are the angry mob. We read the papers every day. We like who we like, we hate who we hate, but we're also easily swayed.

08 June, 2010 08:21
Quote:
MikeGC
Sky Sports
Quote:
S Barnes esq
Although Johnson refused to be drawn on the number of players in with a chance of making the upgrade from midweek to Test side, Olly Barkley gave the game away, admitting the Test team was already selected.

So, only playing for the win or at best a chance of a game in the second test

If this is the case, nice to see that everything's set in stone as usual. Can someone then explain to me how, if Hape is to be picked at 12, he gets in ahead of the man who has relegated him to fighting it out at club level with Carraro for the outside centre shirt?

Kath. (IP Logged)
08 June, 2010 08:23
I dunno Poynts we just can't get the staff nowadayswinking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net