Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
10% Improvement To Win
Posted by: Hardlymyfaultisit (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2012 19:03

Rowntree says an all round improvement of 10% is needed to beat Wales.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I reckon a tad more meself but I suspect the players know that too.

Re: 10% Improvement To Win
Posted by: PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 00:19

Almost impossible to quantify like that for me. The margins at test level are so tight that even tiny improvements in one area can lead to marked improvements on the scoreboard.

mm's difference between taking a try scoring pass and knocking on. Fractions of a second difference between delivering a try scoring pass and being intercepted etc...etc..

That said, England need to make a difference in quite a few areas in order to beat Wales, and in all honesty I don't see it happening.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/2451156279081.gif
We are the angry mob. We read the papers every day. We like who we like, we hate who we hate, but we're also easily swayed.

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 14:21

I think with the improvement in defence, discipline and all round desire that it will be a tight game. 10% could do it. All that would mean is we play the same as before, but with occasional cutting edge, resulting in tries.

Posted by: Hardlymyfaultisit (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 20:09

As PS says, a fine line between winners and losers generally. Probably all down to errors, a touch of brilliance, injuries, missed tackles, luck and sadly the ref!

England really do have to create more than they have in the past 2 games and defend better (Wales would have finished off what the Jocks didnt and probably wouldnt let a lead go like the Italians did).

I suspect though that this side might not be good enough just yet!

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net