rugbyunion
Latest News:

Anyone going to Italy v England?
Jamie_shorts (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 09:41
Hi,
We are travelling to Rome for the 6 nations game in February, and hoping to find out where England fans tend to hang out before and after the game.

Any suggestions and recommendations would be welcome, itís our first time in Italy so we are completely new to the city!
Thanks!

Re: Anyone going to Italy v England?
Kath... (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 17:23
Hi Jamie just been in contact with a friend in Rome and he says this,..............

-------------------------------------------

England fans are....everywhere in Rome!

There is going to be an hospitality village close to the stadium, and some pubs close to the stadium are often crowded.

Later I'll check some addresses for you

------------------------------------------

so will keep you updated cheers Kath

Jamie_shorts (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 18:41
Thanks Kath!

Thatís really helpful and good to know! Canít wait!

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 13:34
We're going! Sounds like the hospitality village may be a good bet.

Many thanks for the info.

Kath... (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:43
Right Paolo has got back to me gain on this, so here is further info.,

-------------------------

Hi kath...for fans reaching Rome here there are some tips:

I do hope they can prove to be useful...of course here I am if needed!

To reach the Olimpico Stadium fans have many different choices.

The easiest using the public transportation ( slow and crowded usually ) is tram no. 2. It leaves from the PIazzale Flaminio, in the city centre (across the PIazza del Popolo, 5 minutes walking distance from the Spanish Steps to give you an idea) and it takes 10 minutes approx to reach the area near the stadium. From its terminus they simply have to cross the Duca díAosta bridge and there they are.

Another choice it may be bus no. 910 leaving from the Termini railway station. It takes more or less 30/40 minutes from there and if the opt for this solution the terminus is right on the other bank of the river from the stadium.

As for the pub best solution should be The Kilmoon at the address 2, Via Tiepolo ( along the line of both the bus and the tram, 15 minutes walking from the stadium...

right outside the venue there should be ( but I could still not find any news about it) a ďvillageĒ for supporters where to stop and have a drink before and after the match.

Iíll try to find some more news about this too...

just one final recommendation: everywhere - and mainly on crowded areas - always mind the pickpockets!

And have fun!

-------------------------------------------------

Jamie_shorts (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:39
Wow! Thank you so much for such great info!!

Really appreciate how helpful you have been!

Tigersfan1 - take it you are from Leicester? Us too!!!

Have a fabulous time! :-)

Kath... (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 16:24
Jamie_shorts & Tigersfan1:

Pleased I could help.

Will you do me a favour if you take a couple of photos of your group in the ground I would love to use them when I do a fans photo page. If you can't it does not matter but if you can that would be tremendous

cheers Kath

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:02
Hi Jamie, yes from Leicester (well spotted!!) Give is a shout if you see us.....we will be the 4 in the white jerseys haha! Thanks, hope you have a great trip too.

Will do Kath and thanks again for the help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net