rugbyunion
Latest News:

beeast
beeast (IP Logged)

Potential backs for survival
22 January, 2012 20:31
We quite clearly need several additions to the backline if we are to stay up. If we are relagated I truly do not believe that we will ever regain Championship status.

New backs need to come in this week as a matter of priority! Here are a few possible and potentially available options I feel the club would be wise to attempt to negotiate with...

Uche Oduoza - knows the club having played on loan here. Obviously has previous contact with Russell through the Sevens and played for England as recently as the summer in the Grand Prix series. Studying at York and importantly is a free agent. Would tear it up in this league.

Rod Petty - if we could get Rod back until the end of the year I believe he'd be hugely beneficial. Very experienced - ability to be one of the best players in this league in a variety of positions across the backline on his day.

Charlie Simpson Daniel - brother of James. Former England Sevens player - pace to burn. Played at Moseley on loan from Gloucester. Apparently now a free agent and studying at York. Just what we need on one of the wings.

Any other suggestions welcome!!

BeeBeeHoray
BeeBeeHoray (IP Logged)

Re: Potential backs for survival
23 January, 2012 00:03
Both study at York and who knows what other commitments; work, family etc. Distance could be an issue plus whether they study full-time or part-time.

beeast
beeast (IP Logged)

23 January, 2012 02:11
Ridiculous attitude. These are examples of the calibre of player we need to stay up. Contact them and find out.

neil_1980
Neil (IP Logged)

23 January, 2012 09:23
Only problem I can see is ££££

Have we got the money to draft in any more players?

I doubt anyone of the class we need would come and play for free?

MESSAGES->author
Jel of Solihull (IP Logged)

23 January, 2012 12:04
Assuming the BBC table is accurate 4th placed (from bottom) Cinderford is 18 points ahead (and they gained a losing BP away to Jersey at the w/e) and 5th placed Blaydon is 19 points ahead with 2 games in hand. It seems to me we Bees supporters simply have to accept the inescapable implications / consequences of this and try to enjoy the rest of the season, in a rugby-esque spirit, as best we can.

Woe is Bee
FreeBee (IP Logged)

23 January, 2012 14:55
I agee with you Jel, the damage has been done and it would take a miracle to stay up now, so lets enjoy whats left of the season and take what comes.COYB's

MESSAGES->author
Huntybee (IP Logged)

27 January, 2012 18:57
Hey all,

Uche is studying to be a doctor which is somewhat complicated I can imagine, and may take up most of his time. Although stallion managed it so who knows?!

Rod is player coach at Bournville so can't expect him to leave his commitment to them.

Charlie is also studying full time, so hasn't got the time to travell all the way to brum, even if there was the cash to pay for him.

Rusty has done this for a long time and is fully aware of who is realistically available. Hopefully some new faces soon, including myself if I can get my Achilles sorted! Let's get behind the boys for a tough slog ahead, We always appreciate the support!

Ta, see ya soon I hope!

#COYBS!

Joemac
Joemac (IP Logged)

28 January, 2012 11:24
Thanks for the update Simon.

MESSAGES->author
Stallion (IP Logged)

28 January, 2012 16:39
Quote:
Huntybee
Hey all,
Uche is studying to be a doctor which is somewhat complicated I can imagine, and may take up most of his time. Although stallion managed it so who knows?!

I never played semi pro rugby (it didn't exist (officially) in those days) and only played med school/hospital cup rugby which was more about the drinking!! smileys with beer

greendoc
greendoc (IP Logged)

30 January, 2012 11:18
So .... no change there then!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net