rugbyunion
Latest News:

JIM.MCDONNELL
poloplayer (IP Logged)

Birmingham Metropolitan College
10 March, 2012 12:14
[www.northmidsrfu.co.uk]:

Cannot fault this initiative but we have been here before.The relationship with South Birmingham College seems to have disappeared into the ether.

[www.rfu.com]

ruggerhead
ruggerhead (IP Logged)

Re: Birmingham Metropolitan College
13 March, 2012 14:26
For starters South Birmingham never actually played rugby, next thing is Birmingham Met does, actually the only College in the Birmingham area that does.

Another thing is the Colts team have gained 5 players this year already from the College and it has only just started (Kinsey Stoddard was also at the College for 3 years), Coventry are already up and running with a full time academy with Henley College and are doing really well and this year got 2 players in the England Colleges team, BMet got 1 in this year (for the first time after never having any players even in the Midlands team) and 4 made the trials.

Birmingham Met College have the National Champions in Basketball and Womans Football and only hire the best coaches they can Like Coach Steven Barnes for Basketball and even Desmond Douglas for Table Tennis, AASE progams for various sports as well.

Birmingham Met started College rugby in the bottom division not long ago with mainly players that were new to the game, 4th season now and are already competing with some top teams, Worcester Academy, Coventry Academy and Bristol Academy just to name a few. Birmingham Met College is the also the main part of the Aston Villa Academy (every player from the Villa Academy is a student of the College) and are looking to do similar things with the Bee's.

Any questions about it please ask, or go to the website.

Please join as a supporters. [www.pitchero.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2012 17:27 by ruggerhead.

C'mon_you_Bees!
C'mon_you_Bees! (IP Logged)

13 March, 2012 19:41
Rugger Head.

Thank you for explaining it looks a fantastic set up. I would certainly encourage any school leavers who want to continue in rugby to follow this adventure.

I FOR ONE WILL CERTAINLY BE ATTENDING THE PLAYER PATHWAY MEETING AT THE VILLAGE HOTEL ON 20th MARCH. 7PM.

All coaches, teachers and supporters out there should be looking to get as many years 10/11 or under 15,s 16.s 17'S and colts to this great event.

ruggerhead
ruggerhead (IP Logged)

13 March, 2012 21:08
Thanks C'mon you bees! See you there.

dunnersbee
dunnersbee (IP Logged)

16 March, 2012 12:20
I would like to say, as a member of the South Birmingham College/Bees Academy (for the year and a bit that it ran), it did me an incredible amount of good, in both my rugby and in getting me skills and the qualification to get a job doing what i wanted to do.

Being coached by players from The Bees first team, Alex Davidson and Akapusi Qera to name two, players i looked up to as both a member of the Bees colts and a Bees fan, was a great experience, and if this academy runs in a similar (albeit better organised) way then hopefully it will set up not only a good local base of players, who care about the team, for the first team to pick from, but also a group of young guys (and perhaps girls) who enjoy both their rugby and work lives.

I hope it works and as well as all involved envision. I for one am fully behind it and have already emailed John Domachi expressing my wish to be involved with it in some way.

ruggerhead
ruggerhead (IP Logged)

16 March, 2012 16:11
dunnersbee, awesome stuff man, I am in charge of the rugby at Birmingham Met, I set it up, I chased the link, if you are anyone else wants any info on what we are doing email any time.

1 thing I know for sure, other that Henley College in Coventry we offer more rugby hours around doing 4 days a week, training, gym and video sessions just for starters and adding into that all the rugby quals for reffing and coaching. All that goes alongside whatever course they are doing.

To add to that playing a structured competitive season and 7's and 10's comps as well as rugby league (2 years in a row Midlands 9's champs).

This is just what we do now, we are planning to do more as we have more players.

Travis McIntyre
Birmingham Met Rugby
travis.mcintyre@bmetc.ac.uk

beesrusty
beesrusty (IP Logged)

17 March, 2012 15:03
Firstly apologies for not being able to attend on Tuesday, trapped in Hong Kong with no access to today's rugby.

Just wanted to impress upon everyone how much work JD, Euge and Travis among others have put into this program. It is a fantastic opportunity for anyone keen to progress and I hope we can get as many supporters, coaches and lads themselves down.

This is definitely the next piece in the jigsaw of establishing a club where we produce more and more home-grown players such as the Jack Jolly, Will Radburn and Rob Greggs of this world.

I trust everyone has a fantastic evening and look forward to hearing how it went.

beescrazy
Bee in the Office (IP Logged)

19 March, 2012 18:00
For any supporter, coach, player who is unsure about the Player Pathway Partnership, come down to Village Hotel, Solihull tomorrow evening for 7pm. There will be a presentation followed by a Question and Answer session.

Discounted food at the Village Bar and Restaurant available plus discounted tickets for Bees vs Coventry this weekend.

ruggerhead
ruggerhead (IP Logged)

21 March, 2012 06:39
Thank you all for coming last night, if people still have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

C'mon_you_Bees!
C'mon_you_Bees! (IP Logged)

21 March, 2012 10:30
What a great evening.

The sound of using Portway as a base for these studies appears terrific. Let's all spread the Word.

Good Luck

ruggerhead
ruggerhead (IP Logged)

08 May, 2012 13:15
Anyone out there with nothing to do tomorrow and would like to watch some 7s, please come along to Sutton Rugby Club, Birmingham Met College will be playing in the National BCS (British Colleges Sport) 7s. Birmingham Met kick off the first game at 10.30am and all the top academies in England will be there, Hartpury with 2 teams, Meyerscough Oaklands and many others. It will be a busy day right through to 4pm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net