1v8 and 5v4 April 21st

and POOL B:

3v6 and 7v2 March 10th

2v3 and 6v7 March 17th

3v7 and 6v2 March 24th

2v6 and 7v3 March 31st

3v2 and 7v6 April 14th

2v7 and 6v3 April 21st

If we beat Moseley we will be in Pool B.

If we lose to Moseley, and Bedford win against Nottingham, London Welsh could overtake us and we could be in Pool A.

Pool B looks favourite.

Re: Playoff Fixtures
methethird (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 18:35
The RFU love to complicate things don't they. Would be good to get that second place and maximum points in playoffs.

Act your shoe size not your age!

CAPTAIN BENBOW (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 12:08
Just bringing this post to the top again so we can see who we play. We'll know when today's fixtures are done.

Dotcom (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 12:26
If the positions stay the same, the fixtures could be as shown on the Championship preview:

http://cornish-pirates.com

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 14:14
LW 29 Leeds 39 full time. We shall be in Pool B .
Currently Bedford 14 Notts 0.

25 February, 2012 16:32
I haven't seen a table but it looks like the order is

1 Bristol
2 Bedford
3 Pirates
4 London Welsh
5 Notts
6 Leeds
7 Rotherham
8 Doncaster

25 February, 2012 17:39
Pool A
Bristol 3
London Welsh 2
Nottingham 1
Doncaster Knights 0

Pool B
Bedford Blues 3
Cornish Pirates 2
Leeds Carnegie 1
Rotherham Titans 0

Pool C
London Scottish 6
Moseley 6
Plymouth Albion 6
Esher 4

Candor Pirate (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 20:35
Has it been decided that the home play-off matches will be on Saturdays? According to the Offy site the first play-off against Leeds is on Saturday 10 March at 2.30 pm. In the light of the rather poor attendance today, would it not have been preferable perhaps to stick to Sundays.

Penscawn Pirate (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 20:58
I for one hope that the games remain on Sundays because I usually work on Saturdays. I managed to get today off as an exception but my son who is also a season ticket holder wasn't so lucky....

My understanding has always been that The Pirates play on Sundays so that supporters of other teams can follow us as well.

So with Hayle, Camborne, Redruth, Penryn, St Ives etc all playing on Saturday then loyalties will understandibly be divided.....mind you, it's the very first time I've ever been in the beer tent and not had to fight my way to the bar for a drink. But the many ready poured beers waiting on the bar told their own story............Sundays please(Sm109)

talitom (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 22:58
Sunday's please

pacmac (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 06:11
Sunday

methethird (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 07:36
Sundays are the best. I can organise to come down after church.

Are the club going to publish the full playoff fixture list? I really want to get down to cornwall and watch the lads during the next month or two.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 09:24
Sundays please :0) Just tell the railways not to lay on rail replacement every time we are at home!!

blazie pirate (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 09:46
Sunday please.

pacmac (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 12:21
Why are we playing on saturday, when all season we have played on Sunday's, with the poor gate we had yesterday.
A lot people can only come on sunday's, please go back to sunday. You must have a lot money in the bank,to go back to saturday's. Please, Please play on Sunday.

26 February, 2012 12:27
In view of the overwhelming support under this topic for Sunday matches, let's hope the Club takes notice of this when arranging the play-off dates. Sunday rugby at the Mennaye is now ingrained in our minds.

Johnfur (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 12:45
Sundays please - about a dozen of St Austell supporters caught the train to Torquay yesterday as I was waiting for mine to Pz. I know 10 of them have been down to watch The Pirates many times on a Sunday.

pacmac (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 14:21
Let's hope that the people at the top will listen to the SUPPORTERS. We all put money into the club.

truropirate (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 15:48
Sunday Please for me

Hedfal (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 16:33
SUNDAYS PLEASE. I can only make the Sunday fixtures, the club must understand that its a routine that many supporters have adjusted to now. Missus will play up hell if its a Saturday, yes i wear the trousers (most of the time!!)(Sm103)

welshpirate (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 18:02
Sunday against Leeds please . Six of us can't make the Sunday. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

26 February, 2012 20:12
Yesterday`s game was under instruction of the RFU

BertSolomon (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:43
Quote:
blazie pirate
Yesterday`s game was under instruction of the RFU

I had assumed this to be the case, it's pretty standard on the last match of the season, however it does strike me as strange that Bristol were allowed to play Donny on Friday night, although maybe that's because the result couldn't affect the pools / seedings.

welshpirate (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 20:52
On the official website: Pirates versus Leeds 14.30 on Saturday the 10th March.

26 February, 2012 21:00
The final fixtures before the playoffs have to be kicked off by 2 pm on the Saturday at the LATEST. This is so no one gains an advantage by knowing other results first.

If a club chooses to play earlier that's alright as they are not gaining an advantage, in fact they may well give other clubs an advantage by knowing their result, but that's their choice by kicking off early.

Yog (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 22:16
Quote:
pacmac
Let's hope that the people at the top will listen to the SUPPORTERS. We all put money into the club.

If you think this is bad ... both legs of the final have to be played on Wednesday evenings ???

Could be the biggest events in both clubs history, yet if the clubs are at opposite ends of the country, a lot of loyal fans are going to miss out on such a fantastic event.

Are the RFU so unmindful of fans feelings, or are the consideration of fans taking secong place to Sky scheduling (Sm8)

talitom (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 00:00
The Wednesdays for the final was ok last year, and is published at the beginning of the season. I can see the first play off home match on Saturday making sense to avoid going up against England on the telly the day after, but I think a lot of regulars have got used to Sundays so I hope that not all the home playoffs will be Saturdays as I will end up missing them, and I know I won't be the only one disappointed.

27 February, 2012 08:29
Sky will be covering some playoff games, not necessarily us but I would be surprised if we weren't picked for one. This is bound to affect a kick off time/date.

methethird (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 08:52
Bleddy tv. Yes its nice to have the exposure but their money talks. Two edges sword I'm afraid. For those like me who don't have SKY a great site is www.justin.tv. there has been a link provided from here before.

POSTS (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 12:33
Does our season ticket package cover the play off games like last year.

Phil W (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 12:53
The season ticket package covers the three home play-off games - but not the semi or final, should we get there.

Regards, Phil W

methethird (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 13:22
Re. the saturday games, I read in thr rugby paper that the RFU say all games at the end of phase one (regular season) have to be played on saturday. So it is not the clubs' fault.

Phil & co. thanks for putting the playoff fixtures up, makes planning a lot easier.

Landlubber (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 13:29
Quote:
cheshire exile
Sky will be covering some playoff games, not necessarily us but I would be surprised if we weren't picked for one. This is bound to affect a kick off time/date.
The pick of our group must be us v Bedford, surely. But, seeing as how we were liked so much by Sky last year I reckon it'll be when we're away - which I won't mind as I'll be able to watch it.

27 February, 2012 13:36
Bedford vs Pirates is on St Patricks Day, the last day of the 6 Nations. Don't see Sky covering any Championship games that day.

Sennen Lad (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 15:51
Sky only have the 'Super Rugby' or LV Cup Final for that weekend, so a Championship game with a lunchtime kick-off on the Sunday before the LV Cup Final would be my guess!!

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 15:51
Six Nations is covered by BBC. Last weekend SKY showed a Premiership game on Saturday lunchtime (before the International) - so it's not out of the questions that the Bedford v Pirates game could be shown. It'll be a early or late KO, though, probably - depending on the KO time of the Internationals. Bedford have just improved their floodlights, so could play in the evening (although daylight might be OK by then anyway).

teepee (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 16:48
We should be on Summer Time by then?

27 February, 2012 18:11
I don't mind Saturdays or Sundays.

methethird (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 18:18
PP I hope that fence has no sharp bits on it. Could be painful(Sm72)

TryBlues (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 18:27
On the Blues website we have announced 2 of our home kick-off times, but not our game against Pirates. Whether this means it'll be on Sky I'm not sure but it looks poosible, I suppose we'll find out in the next few days.

Perran Pirate (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 19:08
If we had been still playing at Camborne we wouldn't be able to play on Saturdays anyway.

But I'm not happy about changing the habit of the last 5 years or so... domestic disruption looms. (Sm133)

And wasn't it part of the plan that the local teams' fans would be able to watch their own team on Saturday and Pirates on Sunday ?
Not to mention their players.

bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 19:34
Totally agree PP.....it's got to be Sundays !!

Sancreed Pirate (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 20:37
From the Offy site

Cornish Pirates Pool B fixtures
Saturday March 10 - KO 2:30pm Cornish Pirates v Leeds Carnegie
Weekend 16-18 March - TBC Bedford Blues v Cornish Pirates
Sunday March 25 - KO 3pm Cornish Pirates v Rotherham Titans
Saturday March 31 - KO 2pm Rotherham Titans v Cornish Pirates
Weekend 13-15 April - TBC Cornish Pirates v Bedford Blues
Saturday April 21 - KO 3pm Leeds Carnegie v Cornish Pirates

So one Saturday home game, one Sunday and one to be confirmed.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

27 February, 2012 21:44
Looks like Sky are considering which Pirates/Blues game to show. If the first game,the internationals run from lunchtime to late evening, which suggests a Sunday for us?

27 February, 2012 21:57
There are strong rumours on the Blues Forum that the Bedford v Pirates match will be on Friday 16 March at 7.45 pm. If this is confirmed, it's bad news for Pirates fans hoping to get to the game on a normal working day. I had banked on a Saturday or Sunday fixture which would have allowed ample time to get to Goldington Road. If the Club has been consulted about this I would be rather surprised if they have given their agreement. I just hope the rumours are unfounded.

Penscawn Pirate (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 22:20
Damn, the Leeds game is on Saturday. That's both me and me son b*ggered.

I hope this is not going to be a regular thing, both me and my son have season tickets but Saturdays are pretty much off limits.

I know that this is a chance you take when you pay your money up front but we've kind of got used to games being on Sunday.......(Sm109)

27 February, 2012 22:31
Penscawn

Im with you im afraid, working untill 2 . 00 on Saturday.

Very much pi**ed off at the moment.

Can someone please explain why we are playing on a saturday???????????

hills22 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 23:07
Must be because England are playing France on Sunday. Not a Pirates fan but Albion have moved games before for this reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/02/2012 23:08 by hills22.

28 February, 2012 01:15
Hills

Thanks but shouldnt count for us,as we are not English.

Joke !!!!!! Sorry Roger xx

methethird (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 09:21
I am annoyed too as it disrupts any forward planing. I loathe that bu99er Murdoch and will not have his cr@p in my house.

I am glad some of the games have been confirmed though.

When we make it to the prem we will have to get used to TV dictating the KO times and unfortunately money talks. Is this going to put a dampener on our desire to get into the prem?

29 February, 2012 13:27
Bedford's decision to play their home match against the Pirates on a Friday evening (7.45 pm on 16 March) is a disappointing one in my view. I understand the need to avoid a clash with the Six Nations games on the Saturday but surely a better option would have been a Sunday fixture. I would hazard a guess that very few Pirates' supporters will be able to get to the game on a Friday evening. I had intended to travel up but cannot now do so. Perhaps this is a ploy by Bedford to play the game in front of an exclusively home crowd with the advantages that that may bring. I would be surprised if our Club agreed to this timing.
Let's hope the Pirates squad will be even more determined to bring back some points from Goldington Road.

methethird (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 13:53
A how dare you treat our supporters like cr@p 30 pointer please, just to show them. so there!

Landlubber (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 14:18
Quote:
Landlubber
Quote:
cheshire exile
The pick of our group must be us v Bedford, surely. But, seeing as how we were liked so much by Sky last year I reckon it'll be when we're away - which I won't mind as I'll be able to watch it.
Oh, what a good guess by me - pat on the back time! Shame it's on the Friday though as a mid-day Saturday would have been better to make the day a sit on the couch and get drunk watching all the games!

Landlubber (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 14:20
Quote:
Candor Pirate
Bedford's decision to play their home match against the Pirates on a Friday evening (7.45 pm on 16 March) is a disappointing one in my view. I understand the need to avoid a clash with the Six Nations games on the Saturday but surely a better option would have been a Sunday fixture. I would hazard a guess that very few Pirates' supporters will be able to get to the game on a Friday evening. I had intended to travel up but cannot now do so. Perhaps this is a ploy by Bedford to play the game in front of an exclusively home crowd with the advantages that that may bring. I would be surprised if our Club agreed to this timing.
Let's hope the Pirates squad will be even more determined to bring back some points from Goldington Road.
It wasn't Rotherhams fault about the team being messed about up there, but the same result will happen (I hope).

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 14:37
Is it definitely on Fri 16th? It's not on the Bedford fixtures yet - and not on the SKY schedules (they're showing an U20 game that night).

Sancreed Pirate (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 15:09
I hardly think any of us can complain if Bedford want to switch their game to Friday regardless if it's on SKY or not. After all our own club have done just the same by switching the Leeds game from our usual Sunday to Saturday.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

BertSolomon (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 17:22
Quote:
Sancreed Pirate
I hardly think any of us can complain if Bedford want to switch their game to Friday regardless if it's on SKY or not. After all our own club have done just the same by switching the Leeds game from our usual Sunday to Saturday.

I thought it had been established that regulations required this game to be played on or before the eventual kick off time as this was the last game of the regular season.

As you say though, assuming that Bedford are acting within regulations, I am struggling to see why certain people are being so indignant and critical of Bedford. I suspect that if the tables were turned, some of these individuals would be praising Pirates' management for taking every advantage available to them!

29 February, 2012 17:32
Stalwart - this link will confirm the Friday fixture. There is no mention that the match is to be covered by SKY.
In fact, as well as the U20 match, SKY is showing Super League at 8.00 pm so I doubt if they will opt for further rugby coverage. Perhaps they will come to the Bedford game at the Mennaye in April.

[www.bedfordrugby.co.uk]

SP - I take your point about switching to a Friday. I too was disappointed that the Leeds fixture was moved to Saturday. I just feel that Friday evening games are quite difficult to manage for away fans, particularly those who have to work.

29 February, 2012 17:44
Seems to me that clubs are taking the mickey out of us the supporters.
We change from Sunday to Saturday for the Leeds clash,I am sure the gate will be substantualy down, with the saturday kick off.I have been lucky to get someone to work for me ,but if the game is not on Sky, I would like an explanation as to the change.
As for Bedford, I will not miss not going there, I personally (sorry Bill) dont like the place and their supporters are ok when winning, but a miserable bunch when things dont go their way.They are going to limit the Pirates support on the night, for their own ends. I have been there when the Pirates have pulled off some great results and the travelling support did its bit for those victories.
Rant over, but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sm118)

BEDFORD BOY (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 18:38
Are you serious?

Do you really believe that the board of Bedford rugby club have contrived to make it as difficult as possible for Pirates supporters to get to the match!

You bring great support and we cannot afford to reject your cash!

Its simple math,due to the England game on the Saturday we shall get a bigger gate on the Friday Evening which equates to more cash.Simple.

With the local club players being able to attend and Northampton not having a game that weekend it should be a healthy gate.

Unfortunately we cannot keep everybody happy but must do what is best for Bedford.

Watching Bedford play the Pirates on a Sunday afternoon at the Mennaye and getting home at 1.15 on a Monday morning is hardly ideal!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/02/2012 18:51 by BEDFORD BOY.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 19:17
The Blues generally always play their non-Saturday games on the Friday night.

Often we generate good crowds on the Friday night as it's a good way to kick-off the weekend with people coming to the game before going into town afterwards.

w0ll (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 19:29
Quote:
BertSolomon
Quote:
Sancreed Pirate

I thought it had been established that regulations required this game to be played on or before the eventual kick off time as this was the last game of the regular season...

That applied to the Mose game, it being the last game of the regular season.

The switching of the game v Leeds to a Saturday, would now appear at least, to be a good move, as this would allow an extra day recovery before the Bedford game. Was there an inkling perhaps that it may be switched to Friday?

Skilly Beach (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 19:30
Wake up and smell the coffee , it has always been about money and always will be, when a CEO has a call to make the bottom line is how to make the most they can , supporters play second fiddle every time whoever you support

methethird (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 20:27
Quote:
Sancreed Pirate

stop being logical!thumbs down

29 February, 2012 22:15
I don't blame Bedford for moving the game to Friday as they will get a decent turnout, the lost away supporters will be outweighed by the potential extra local support.
The fact that Pirates will have little support is an additional [non financial ] plus.
With reference to the home game against Leeds, presumably our management took the decision to go for a Saturday game. The logic of that decision escapes me, given the effort put in to promoting Sundays over the past few seasons.
I think we've got more questions for our own administrators than Bedford's, to be honest.

talitom (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 22:43
I reckon Woll is spot on, the Pirates management knew that the Bedford game might be the following Friday and also knew that that Sunday was an England match so went for Saturday.

They had already said that depending on attendance at the Moseley game they would consider Saturdays for the play offs. I couldn't go to Moseley as it was a Saturday so don't know if it was well attended or not!!

I can get to Leads and Roth home play offs and am hoping Sky cover the home match against Bedford as I can't make that weekend at all smiling smiley

dpw (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 23:40
talitom,
The London Welsh board is stating their game at ODP v Bristol has been moved to 15th April (3.15 ko) due to Sky televising the game.

dpw

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/02/2012 23:42 by dpw.

Perran Pirate (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 01:22
The attendance at the Moseley game looked pretty poor on PTV.

01 March, 2012 09:26
Moseley attendance given on our own website as 1844.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 12:04
I don't think we can assume that there would have been more at the Moseley game if it had been Sunday - it just wasn't an attractive fixture for "floating" fans.
Moving to Sunday upset some supporters, but may suit others and I don't think we can blame the club for trying something out.
Playing at Bedford on a Friday is terrible for most Pirates fans, but Bedford have done what they think is right for their club, and we can't blame them for that. Let's hope the boys can replicate the play off game at Goldington Road last season, which was one of the best results in the club's history.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 12:35
Player recovery is probably the reason we have opted to play Leeds on Saturday with the Bedford game arranged for the following Friday.
Two very difficult games and to play them within 5 days,when we don't have too,makes Saturday for the Leeds game an easy choice in my book.
We need to remember the bigger picture and give ourselves the best chance of making the semi-final and then hopefully the final.

BertSolomon (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 14:56
Quote:
w0ll
Quote:
BertSolomon
Quote:
Sancreed Pirate

I thought it had been established that regulations required this game to be played on or before the eventual kick off time as this was the last game of the regular season...

That applied to the Mose game, it being the last game of the regular season.

The switching of the game v Leeds to a Saturday, would now appear at least, to be a good move, as this would allow an extra day recovery before the Bedford game. Was there an inkling perhaps that it may be switched to Friday?

Sorry w0ll, I blame a tired (and undersized) brain! I was getting confused between the Mose game and the Leeds one. As you say, it seems like the the move is indeed to allow extra rest time.

On a slight tangent, those who are so upset by the prospect of Friday or Saturday rugby better hope that the Pirates never get promoted! (Sm151)

01 March, 2012 17:17
BERT
Yes I am upset, but dont make statments like " better hope
Pirates never get promoted."
I have followed the Pirates all over the country in the past six or seven years and a couple of seasons ago,watched every game of the season, I am dedicated as are several others. If the reason for the change from Sunday to Saturday is to give the players extra time to recover for the Friday trip to Bedford, fair comment. With the injuries the club is carrying I can understand that.

Bedford Boy
Dont winge about getting home at 1 . 15 am, we clock up more miles than anyother club, try doing a day return to Doncaster!!!!!!! But we still had fun and the week after we had a day return to Manchester, Dedication from several.

methethird (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 18:21
Well said Blazie!(Sm128)

Landlubber (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 11:10
Quote:
Landlubber
Quote:
Landlubber
Quote:
cheshire exile
Oh, what a good guess by me - pat on the back time! Shame it's on the Friday though as a mid-day Saturday would have been better to make the day a sit on the couch and get drunk watching all the games!
Oops, I thought a Blues supporter post said it was - change that pat on the back to egg on my face! Oh well, I'll listen in to Dicky's dulcit tones instead.

Tavi Pirate (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 12:25
And Blazie even missed the bus home from Doncaster(Sm60)!!!!

03 March, 2012 20:59
Tavi
Oh no he didnt, Villi missed the team coach ,was a great day,wasnt it.

Thanks for the photos.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net