rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Jack Nowell - A Cornish Inspiration
Porthusek Pirate (IP Logged)
22 March, 2015 10:30
What an awesome performance from Jack Nowell during the Six Nations Championship capped with two tries yesterday at Twickenham.

I have been trying to see if he was given man of the match - it was mentioned toward the end of the game but general chit chat where I was watching the match meant I didn't hear if he was named.

Jack Nowell is an inspiration for Cornish youngsters everywhere.

And I hope that those who have it in their power to enable the Stadium for Cornwall to happen were also inspired to do the right thing - watching a Cornishman dedicated to his trade use his skills as young Jack has done should make the strategic planning committee wake up and smell the coffee.

Well done Jack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2015 10:31 by Porthusek Pirate.

Re: Jack Nowell - A Cornish Inspiration
scillypirate (IP Logged)
22 March, 2015 11:47
Ben Youngs was the man of the match although Brian Moore gave Jack an "honourable mention".

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
23 March, 2015 15:05
Max Bodilly scored two tries for Exeter in the LV Cup final, too. We keep producing them and Exeter get the benefit - if we had this bleddy stadium these boys would be Pirates!

prg14 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2015 16:07
Jack has been selected by most rugby writers in the national newspapers in their team of the tournament. Fantastic achievement!!
Well done Jack, we're all so proud of you!

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
24 March, 2015 15:06
I do not know if the free newspaper, the Metro, often found on buses is the same throughout the country, but on pages 56-57 of today's here in South Gloucestershire, there is a double page photo of Jack + some blurb about him.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
24 March, 2015 15:54
I noticed the commentator called Jack a "Truro boy". I suppose that's what's on his record as place of birth - but he's not, he's a Newlyn boy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net