rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Sam Simmonds
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2017 16:26
D/R with the Pirates Exeter Chiefs back row forward Sam produced a 'man of the match' performance on his premiership debut yesterday on the day he signed a new 2 year deal with the club. He capped off a fine all action display with a try as the Chiefs drew 35 all with league leaders Wasps at Sandy Park despite playing the last 30 minutes with 14 men after 2nd row Jonny Hill was sent off for a dangerous tackle.
As the Pirates had a free weekend I went to Exeter yesterday and was impressed with the Chiefs on and off the field. A near 12000 capacity crowd but plenty of helpful stewards meant easy access into the ground with an 'e' ticket. The facilities were impressive with no queues for beer/food or toilets which made it an enjoyable day out. There is no reason why the Pirates cannot replicate or even better Sandy Park at the S4C and bring premiership rugby to Cornwall.

Re: Sam Simmonds
cheshire exile (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 11:03
How much were tickets I wonder?
Re Sam Simmonds, does this mean we won't get him back this season (or Stuart Townshend, for that matter)?

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 16:53
East terrace North standing around the 22 area £31,£5 to park and £3-90 a pint.
Premiership rugby is not cheap but I certainly felt that I got my monies worth in an entertaining game with 10 tries and plenty of pace,power and skill on show.
Both Sam and Stuart don't look out of place at this level but it may depend on injuries or selection availability whether we see them in a Pirates shirt again.
I have just seen that Exeter have announced the signing of scrum half Martin Roberts from Bristol with immediate effect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2017 16:55 by Pirate15.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 17:57
Maybe we will see Stuart again, then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net