rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

London Irish Trip
Phil W (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 09:58
London Irish Trip – 17-19th March

During the past decade I have organised a number of weekend trips away for certain Pirate volunteers, stalwart supporters and partners, which have worked well and been enjoyed.

This season’s planned trip will be our away game to London Irish on Saturday the 18th March, when we will leave Penzance on the Friday morning and return on the Sunday. It promises to be somewhat atmospheric at the Madejski Stadium as our visit coincides with their St. Patrick’s celebrations (see further information below).

Bookings (to include coach travel, 2 x nights hotel accommodation, and cost of tickets) have been confirmed by a good number of people (husband & wives and individuals) but there are still a few places available, should anyone be interested.

The coach will on the Saturday also drop everyone off at the Madejski, and with the expectation that all will wish to stay about the ground after the match to watch Ireland versus England on London Irish screens it will return to the hotel early in the evening (probably 7-7.30pm – tbc).

London Irish have recently made the following release:

Preparations are in full flow for the 2017 St Patrick’s Day Party when London Irish welcome Cornish Pirates to the Madejski Stadium in the Greene King IPA Championship on Saturday 18th March (kick-off 2pm).
Now into its 16th year, the iconic clash has created some memorable moments down the years, with a bumper crowd expected (10,000 I understand) at the traditional spring-time fixture this season.
London Irish are inviting you to the party to enjoy the traditional St Patrick's Day craic which includes all-day entertainment including the final round of the 2017 RBS 6 Nations live on big screens around the stadium (Ireland play England at 5pm).
With live music from the Bible Code Sundays and Paul Bowen plus the famous Irish Dancers, this is a party not to be missed. Guinness will also be on tap as you celebrate the day with the black stuff.
Captain Benbow, Cornish Pirates’ very own mascot will also be making an appearance as he goes head-to-head with Digger in the Pump Technology ‘Poo Ball Challenge.’
There will also be competitions and giveaways throughout the day plus so much more.

Because time is evaporating a prompt response is required from anyone interested, so please consider the above and get back to me asap either by email: phil.westren@cornish-pirates.com – or mobile 07817 99 88 79.

Regards, Phil W

Re: London Irish Trip
Phil W (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 19:05
I am delighted to confirm that a truly stalwart couple will be joining us for this trip.

There are still just a few places available should anyone be interested - simply either email phil.westren@cornish-pirates.com or phone me on 07817 998879.

Best wishes, Phil W

Re: London Irish Trip
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 20:11
Come on guys, sign up for this one if you can, it'll be a great trip!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net