rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Pirates Squad 2017-18
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:13
As the squad is starting to take shape I've started a thread on next years squad.
Players are listed by their regular positions with length of contract and new players are in red.

Full Back.
Toby May (1 year)

Wing.
Kyle Moyle(1 year)
Alex O'Meara(1 year)
Matt Evans(2 years)
Harrison Cully D/R Exeter Chiefs
AJ Cant D/R Exeter Chiefs

Centre.
Nicolas De Battista (1 year)
Bar Bartlett(1 year)
Dan Koster(1 year)
Nicolas Coronel(1 year)
Harry Strong D/R Exeter Chiefs
Pete Laverick D/R Exeter Chiefs

Fly Half.
Will Cargill (2 years)
Laurence May(1 year)

Scrum Half.
Mike Pope (1 year)
Alex Day(1 year)
Angus Taylor(1 year)

Prop.
Marlen Walker (2 years)
Christian Judge (2 years)
Paul Andrew (2 years)
Jack Andrew (2 years)
Billy Keast D/R Exeter Chiefs

Hooker.
Tom Cowan-Dickie (1 year)
Tom Channon(2 years)
James Fish D/R Nothampton

2nd Row.
Chris Morgan (2 years)
Toby Freeman(2 years)
Brett Beukeboom(2 years)
Josh Caulfield D/R Exeter Chiefs

Back Row.
Dan Lee (2 years)
Tom Duncan (2 years)
Alex Cheesman (2 years)
Matt Bolwell(2 years)
John Stevens(2 years)
Rupert Cooper(1 year)
Tom Lawday D/R Exeter Chiefs

Edited 20 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2017 15:08 by Pirate15.

Re: Pirates Squad 2017-18
JANNER (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 20:41
Squad coming along nicely,but I for one would still like to see a couple of what I would describe as " traditional second rows " to compliment Brett.I know the guys who have formed the 8 for the last couple of matches have preformed reallly well,but I just feel we have been losing out in the line out,just my personal feelings.
No doubt Mr Paver and Mr Cattle have had their feelers out,and whomever are brought into the squad will become firm favourites

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 19:08
Squad updated after todays announcement.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2017 19:10
Squad now stands at 19 after todays announcement.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 13:56
Squad updated after todays announcement.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2017 12:55
Squad updated after today's announcement,it certainly seems that our policy so far is based on recruiting experienced and proven Championship players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/05/2017 19:43 by Pirate15.

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 11:45
The process starting to take place and hopefully with a few more arrivals will be stronger than last season. Good plans for the future.
(Sm109)

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 20:17
Squad updated after todays latest additions.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
31 May, 2017 09:28
Looking good.

SAWTRY_PIRATE (IP Logged)
31 May, 2017 19:51
I`m sure i`ve read somewhere recently that Premiership A teams will be playing more matches this comimg season. Point being, if so, will that reduce the amount and availability of loan players from the Chiefs in a Pirates Shirt? Does this mean that we may have more new signings?
On the back of that, I think the four centres we have signed up could be a real handful. Really looking forward to see how they shape up.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
31 May, 2017 20:40
There was talk by PRL of the 'A' league fixtures being doubled from 5 to 10 but this was at the same time Nigel Melville was talking about increasing the number of D/R players in the championship. Now that idea appears to have been shelved there is a suggestion that maybe these games won't happen.There is no doubt that any increase in 'A' league games will impact on the availability of D/R players.

Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 14:42
Does anyone know if we'll be getting any DR's from Chiefs this season. It's a long time to go with a squad of just 28, given the rigours of the modern game and the likelyhood that we'll pick up a number of injuries along the way.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 15:43
Squad updated after last nights announcement of 2 D/R players joining from the Chiefs with more to come. Alan Paver siad last night that it was very important that we look after the players physically and mentally as we would be operating with quite a small squad of 28 with a few D/R from Exeter.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 16:37
Squad updated after todays signing of 5 more players on D/R from Exeter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net