rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Jamal Ford Robinson
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 22:47
Congratulations to ex-Pirate Jamal who has been selected by Eddie Jones to attend an England training squad at the end of May.

Re: Jamal Ford Robinson
cornishbob (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 09:03
Yep well done and go for it, shame he didn't have show little more loyalty in the short time he was here though.

old prop steve (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 12:11
I wouldnt be too hard on him - pro rugby is a very short life. Obviously delighted for him but slightly surprised given he was playing for a relegated club and didn't get that many starts.

His battle will be to keep from gaining any more weight around his thighs and backside as he will lose one of his prime assets which is an excellent burst of pace. Sinckler at Quins has many of the same characteristics but is perhaps a year or so nearer to the finished article.

Anyway good luck Jamal - grab your chance with both hands mate!!

cornishbob (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 14:05
OPS, not being harsh and I understand the short life span of a rugby player, I really do wish him all the best, but he seemed to think it was fine to leave before the end of the season and sign for Bristol when we were inundated with injuries and had given him the leg up, Bristol would have waited if they were that desperate to sign him!!

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 15:51
At the end of the day Jamal has to think of his long term career and progress further if and when opportunities arrive. And always once a Pirate always a Pirate.
(Sm109)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net