rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Pirates v Roth
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 13:22
With good weather forecast hopefully we can get the basics right and put in really good performance. Bonus point win.

Re: Pirates v Roth
cornishbob (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 13:57
Ditto Stalwart, I hope everyone that was there supporting us for the Bristol match will be there again on Sunday. This is another potential banana skin if we aren't careful - remember Richmond last season!!! For me it should be a sure fire 5pts.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 16:19
I see this as a good yardstick to gauge how we have developed as a squad from last season. Already this season like last year we have shown that on our day we can compete with sides expected to finish comfortably in the top half of the league. We now need to show that we can deliver the same level of performance against the so called lesser sides to avoid disapointing results like Richmond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2017 19:46 by Pirate15.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 18:16
Quite agree, P15 - this is the kind of game we must win if we want to show there is genuine progression from last season.

piratepilot (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 20:19
It's crucial the Pirates play for 80 minutes. We can't afford to ship stacks of points in the first half, forcing us to play catch-up in the second half and running out of time. I have faith, it'll be a five pointer smiling smiley

COYP!!

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 11:16
Three changes to last weeks starting XV. One positional with Rupert Cooper moving into the 2nd row and first starts of the season for Christian Judge and Dan Lee.
[www.cornish-pirates.com]

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 12:41
Strong team, good bench - come on boys!

Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 15:54
Titans team:
15 Will Thomas, 14 Jake Henry, 13 Luke Peters, 12 Joe Baker, 11 Ben Foley,
10 Lee Millar, 9 Rhodri Davies, 1 Tom Williams, 2 Jonny Murphy, 3 Matt Shields, 4 James Lasis,
5 Byron Hodge, 6 Adam Peters, 7 Tom Calladine, 8 Dan Grange.
Replacements: 16 Luke Cole, 17 Toby Williams, 18 Andrew Foster, 19 Terri Burns, 20 Fransisco Viera,
21 Caolan Ryan, 22 Drew Cheshire.

[url=https://www.titans-rugby.com/news/2017/9/22/titans-tv-team-news-v-cornish-pirates]

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 11:19
Looks like it's brightening up here in PZ - should be a pleasant, warm afternoon, light winds and ideal for running rings round Roth. Get down the Mennaye everyone. C'mon Pirates!

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 17:07
More like a basketball score-- my wife said she hoped I had taken my blood pressure tablets as it could have gone either way near the end ---fans had their moneys worth -- and sore throats by the sounds coming out of the radio.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 17:22
Breathless rugby. We left some gaping holes in the defence which was exploited to the full and at times the lineout misfired. When we had ball in hand we looked a match for anyone. Hope we can plug the leaky defence for next week at Carnegie. heard on the radio after the game that Matt Evans is back in full training,we need a few wise heads out there at present.

1908 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 17:43
I don't think we left many holes. Titans just blasted through us on a number of occasions. They were a big outfit. I thought O'Meara did really well against a big powerful opposite number. They also had a cracking 9 who really pulled the strings well for them.

Wonderful entertainment. At times our back line looked really sharp. Hope the injury to Simmonds in the Exeter game doesn't mean we loose a DR player.

Roll on the next game. It will probably be exciting whatever the result. One final footnote. The pitch looked superb...great credit to the ground staff.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 18:37
Agree about the Roth No.9, he was outstanding. Paves said in his radio interview that we had a system issue around the ruck and that was where they constantly broke away. That can be fixed. We certainly miss Cheeseman. Also agree about our attacking play, which was really good and the backs are looking very sharp. Scrum was very good against a very big pack, and line out was pretty good too. Cowan-Dickie is improving all the time and it's great to have another local boy in a Pirates shirt. A combination with Lawday and fit again Duncan gives us two big ball carriers and look a powerful combination. Batista made some huge tackles - he gets better with every game. We got our five points so we should be happy, but the boys made us sweat - the game never in the bag until the last few minutes.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 19:17
The Pirates controlled the opening exchanges and with some slick handling and beautiful lines of running we found ourselves 14-0 ahead after 5 minutes. Unfortunately as sometimes happens in these games when you think you can score at will other imporatant aspects of your game suffer. Defensively we lacked the intensity and teamwork of the first 3 games and allowed Rotherham back into the game with a resulting increase in confidence. We tightened things up slightly in the 2nd half but we were well short of the level of performance that we produced in our earlier matches.I'm sure todays shortfalls will be addressed at training during the week before the long trip to face Yorkshire Carnegie.

Trurotommo (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 19:29
The only positive about our defence today was that theirs was worse, both teams looked like scoring every time they crossed into the opposition half.

Out of the 78 points that Roth has scored so far this season they got 47 of them today!!!!

1908 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 22:19
B**gured up most peoples score predictions as well!!

piratepilot (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 10:40
Brilliant game, disappointing crowd however, 1240 is very low for professional sport.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 17:57
Quote:
piratepilot
Brilliant game, disappointing crowd however, 1240 is very low for professional sport.
I find it hard to understand why people will come out when we play Bristol, but not for a game like this. It was a lovely day, and even though defences were poor on both sides, it was pretty good entertainment. Hope fully when we move to Truro more people will come out to support us.

Trurotommo (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 19:37
Like it or not we need to be back in Truro as a matter of the utmost urgency, if we wait until the stadium is ready we may have nothing to put in it, for crowds to be so low in September is desperately unhealthy and will only go one way.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 20:31
Quote:
Trurotommo
Like it or not we need to be back in Truro as a matter of the utmost urgency, if we wait until the stadium is ready we may have nothing to put in it, for crowds to be so low in September is desperately unhealthy and will only go one way.
It's not that bad, and we can't go to Truro until the stadium is built, so we have to soldier on and try to increase the gates in PZ. A winning team is the key - if we can put a few wins together in succession more punters will come.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 21:55
Alan Paver frustrated by our performance against Rotherham.
[m.bbc.co.uk]

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 09:20
I'm sure the coaches will address the defensive problems and we can definitely get the win at Leeds if we play to our potential.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net