rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Yorkshire Carnegie v Pirates
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:15
2 changes for the Pirates, Alex Cheesman returns after injury and Matt Bolwell moves to the blind side for the game against YC.
[www.cornish-pirates.com]

Re: Yorkshire Carnegie v Pirates
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:34
Good to see Jack Andrew, Tom Channon and Alex Cheeseman back. We can do this!

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 17:08
A replacement hooker! We have not been able to say that much in the last two years. Looking forward to the trip with little Zelah-Marie

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 15:40
Despite conceding 2 early tries the Pirates have fought back and are narrowly losing 21-17 at half time.

1908 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 15:48
We can win this if we stop kicking the ball to their back 3.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 16:41
Final score 28-26 as YC score a converted try in injury time when we were down to 14 men. Great effort from the boys put we need to learn how to control the game. We were leading 26-21 but started to get on the wrong side of the referee. As the penalty count increased we put ourselves under pressure. In attack we need to be more composed in their 22.

piratepilot (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 16:44
28-26 FT

Another one lost by just a couple of points. Leading until the 78th minute. I genuinely thought we had it in the bag.

I wasn't there so can't comment on the game, but disappointed with the result nonetheless.
It would be nice to be on the other side of these narrow scores for once.

welshpirate (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 16:47
This is getting to be a habit. The Nottingham game is now very, very important not just to keep our season even vaguely interesting to the Cornish public, but also to stop us being dragged into a relegation battle.

1908 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 16:58
Don't think we will be dragged into a relegation battle.

It's a young side that will learn and respond. We don't have to fear anybody in this league. I listened to radio Leeds commentary...... they were excellent by the way....and their commentators thought that YC got out of jail.

We need to go through the phases a bit more and trust ourselves. We have some good runners and ball handlers with some real gas. I think they will be OK. Good set up, great coaches and some young Cornish talent. What's not to like? Roll on Nottingham.

Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 17:30
Traveled up to the game, from where I stood it looked very much as though 2 of the Yorkshire trys should not have been given as they were knocked on before they were grounded. However we made far too many basic errors and kicked far to much possesion away in the first half.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 18:52
Another game lost because of a sending off— how many other games over the past 12 months have been lost that way ?

piratepilot (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:44
Quote:
Cowship Pirate
Another game lost because of a sending off—� how many other games over the past 12 months have been lost that way ?

We're also masters at losing due to pointless kicks in the dying minutes, Alex Day needs to tone down the box kicking a little I think, the Pirates are brilliant ball-in-hand. As 1908 said, they just need a little more faith and go through the phases a bit more.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 21:13
Well, another fruitless trip to Leeds for me. I am going to stop going there, I really am. I have never seen us win and I got stuck in the snow trying to get to "that" QF. Bleddy place. Today was especially disappointing though, because there was no way we deserved to lose that in the end. Granted we have virtually no possession in the first half, but we were very much the better side in the second half, and played with real pace and urgency. A fair result might have been if they had missed their last conversion attempt, a draw would have felt about right I think.
We were very poor in the opening part of the game. They ran some good lines but we do seem to have some issues defending around the fringes and our first up tackling was not very convincing throughout.
I thought Cowan-Dickie showed up very well. He did not seem fit to me pre season but he was immense today and we lost a lot of impact when he went off. O'Meara also had his best game that I have seen at least. Shame to see Cheese hobbling off (again), but Tom Duncan was his usual industrious self off the bench and should start for me.
As others have said it is slightly worrying that we have now lost 4 very close games. Granted 3 have been away from home, but it is not a habit to get in to and we must win our fair share

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net