rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

New Club Website
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 18:56
There is a new club website that on first viewing look quite impressive.
You can even sign up to receive a club e-Newsletter.
[cornish-pirates.com]

Re: New Club Website
piratepilot (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 20:22
Looks great, the old site desperately needed decluttering.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 22:09
Looks good.

Surrey Pirate (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 17:16
Can't seem to find any link to or mention the club shop on the new site. Obviously, we would all know to go via Whirlwind Sports, but not necessarily everyone would?

Black Bart (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 20:52
Check the shop on line link, goes straight through to Wirlwind

Eastanglianpirate (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 22:17
If Whirlwind haven't got it, go direct to Samurai Sportswear

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 21:34
Very impressive.

(Sm109)

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 07:37
I have to say I am not impressed, and cannot see how this is an improvement on the old layout.
Maybe it will grow on me...

bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:38
I'm not impressed either!! Would help if it were updated quicker....match report and updated league table still not available this morning. Anyway, what was wrong with the old website??

cornishbob (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 17:38
Bolingey you posted this at 0830 this morning and you aren't happy that the match report wasn't on the website? It was by mid morning and to me that's perfectly acceptable, lets not forget there's a small dedicated team working their socks off at the Pirates and they too deserve some time off. Woll who writes the report does it for free and has to write it, edit it, proof read it and then give it to the team who then post it, it all takes time!! - IMO I think the new website is fine, it works well and looks slick and up to date. No complaints from me, but we're all entitled to our opinion. (Sm109)

Newlyn Pirate (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 16:17
I like the web site's design very much but did like the old site's very easy access to the news rather than having to click around for it. I have noticed on other clubs sites that the latest news is not always obviously available also.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 17:45
Quote:
Newlyn Pirate
I like the web site's design very much but did like the old site's very easy access to the news rather than having to click around for it. I have noticed on other clubs sites that the latest news is not always obviously available also.
I thought the same, NP.

Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 18:16
Can't find the B&I pools either!

SAWTRY_PIRATE (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 19:02
NP, I`m with you on this one too. Not keen on `clicking around` to find latest news.

Eastanglianpirate (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 23:08
New things eh, why do they bother and what's wrong with waiting for The Cornishman to come out? I dunno, and they call it progress...

CAPTAIN BENBOW (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 20:59
On my iPad the new website looks horrible on the fixtures page.
I see all the spreadsheet headings and the page is a mess, making it hard to actually find the fixtures.
However on Dave's MacBook it is fine and fixtures appear clearly.
It would be good if the new website worked on all platforms.

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 08:42
Same here. On my kindle tablet this website is almost unreadable. How can this be progress?

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 12:51
At the shareholders' meeting in the week, Paul Dirkin (Chairman) said he would welcome feed back on the new site - suggest those with suggestions and opinions should let him know.

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 18:53
Presumably he will read this site? It is the 'unofficial' Pirates website, after all!

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 19:38
Just had a look on my laptop, and frankly I am just as unimpressed.
For example, I had to click on 'news and fixtures' then again on 'news' to learn of the death of Stack Stevens.
On the old website, this very important and hugely sad event would have been on the front page.
This is just wrong, on every level.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net