rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Hartpury Trip
2Harbourview (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:32
Never mind the injuries, our form and the apparent cunning plan to make top 4 purely by collecting losing bonus points, Saturday is Hartpury. A new ground - the first one coming up for a while I think.
Can't wait for the trip. I am staying with my bonkers mate who is a Blazer at Stroud RFC, little Zelah Marie in tow. Cheshire is coming down from, er, Shropshire, so the Newlyn Steak Club is officially on tour.
Who else is going?
C'mon Pirates!

Re: Hartpury Trip
The Whisky Pirate (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 20:04
The Whisky Boys will be there rally to the flag and we will make ourselves heard back in Cornwall

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 20:59
Be good to see you boys again. Its been a while

Newlyn Pirate (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 22:17
We will be there also, have persuaded my better half that its a good Pit stop on the way to family in London

cheltpirate (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 09:25
I'lll see you there. Bringing Welsh colleague from work.

retfordpirate (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 13:37
Should be a few of us there. :-)

Remember the past. Aim for the future.

SJP (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:47
Is this a first for the Pirates? The referee for the game at Hartpury is Joy Neville from
Ireland. I know we've seen Claire Daniels many times as TJ but a women referee before?

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 16:04
I think it is a first. Pirates Ams had a lady ref a couple of seasons ago - she was in the Navy based at Culdrose, I think.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 17:07
Great to see Nicolas Coronel making his debut after injury but the rest of the side is pretty much as expected due to our mounting injury list.
[cornish-pirates.com]

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 17:48
Since when did Hookers get to be like buses? Much of the last season and start of this we have gone in with one and we have 3 in the squad on Saturday. I once played in a pack with no fewer than 4. Problem was the scrum kept falling over. Every time the ball came in we all struck for it!

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 19:56
Tomorrow's ref was in charge of the women's World Cup final between England and NZ.
Should be an interesting day, a new ground to visit whilst Hartpury are fielding 4 Gloucester squad players and a Harlequins-registered prop.
Currently planning the route from deepest Shropshire, only 90 minutes apparently??

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 16:11
Bonus point win 19-35!

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 18:56
Great effort by an injury depleted squad to get the bonus point win.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 20:24
Still managed to get another Yellow card. Impressive win all the same.
(Sm21)

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 10:29
More injuries though, Matt Boswell on crutches and Tom Lawday went off late on after heavy blow to the head.
Grand day out at an extraordinary set of facilities in the Gloucestershire countryside, a massive contrast to the Mennaye.
Coronel looks an interesting prospect, completely ran over his opposite number to set up a second half try.

wallwuz (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 10:59
So, a very solid , well deserved win

We were class throughout and defended well when required Our set piece at scrum and line out excellent and we were ferocious at the breakdown

The three hookers were all on the end !! Tom CD on the flank and Tom C at No 8 !!

But sadly only on as we suffered terrible injuries again

Very friendly hosts , but they are not used to losing. Their chairman told me they are finding the forward play so much more ferocious than Nat 1

Marvellous day out

Everyone bring their boots for next week, seriously, we may need to draft in some players from somewhere for the next few weeks

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 11:36
Yes - was it 2 or 3 years ago that after a mediocre start some good B&I performances set us off on a big winning streak that made the world seem better? I would describe this as a professional performance built on some very solid defence. We should not get too carried away though. In the hospitality beforehand, one of the coaches Johnny Goodridge, said they had made 12 changes form the side that beat Donny last week and they were testing out their strength in depth. It would be nice to be in that position wouldn't it? It did show to be honest. Hartpury certainly looked the part and played some lovely football with intent. They were very resilient - at 32 - 5 they could have folded but stuck to it and "won" the last quarter. But they lacked impact and penetration throughout, their kicking was poor and the result was never really in doubt. Still a confidence booster for the boys, and a reminder that we do have a very talented set of players. As CE said Coronel looks like, given some ball, he could be a force, I thought Nic DeB was excellent and we have 3 very good hookers - Channon had a stormer and Angus Taylor looked sharp off the bench. Others have mentioned the very dark clouds - Matt B looked in some distress on crutches and I think Lawday took an elbow to the temple and was out cold, so we should not expect to see him for a few weeks.
Otherwise a great day out, impressive faculties and some great new friends made

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net