rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Richmond v Pirates
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 10:57
Injuries and unavailability are still affecting the Pirates for the game at Richmond. Chris Fuca from Redruth starts in the back row. Kieran Westlake from Camborne and Danny Toolan from the Pirates Amateurs are both on the bench.
[cornish-pirates.com]

Re: Richmond v Pirates
welshpirate (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:11
Hmm you need a big set of forwards to beat Richmond hence not holding my breath.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:28
Having a guy from Reds (albeit a good player) a player from Camborne and another from Pirates Ams (very good players at their level) shows that the cupboard is pretty bare. It'll take a heck of an effort to get anything out of this one.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 14:10
It looks like Tom Channon has joined our injury list,Brett Beukeboom is currently away with Canada and our D/R players are back with Exeter who have a double header against Saracens tomorrow(A league and Premiership).

Surrey Pirate (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 16:08
Additionally, Richmond are having a fantastic season, and we have an appalling record at The Athletic Ground. Having said that, I have a feeling that our Pirates boys might just pull it off.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 16:57
Backs to the wall for this one. When will Matt Evans be ready to play or has he gone with Brett Beukeboom as well? I'm certain the lads going to Richmond will be giving us their best as they always do, but even a point from this one will be a bonus in my eyes. (Sm109)

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 17:37
I did read something about Matt Evans hoping to be back in December.

piratepilot (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 17:43
Our injury problems aren't over yet then, but I think we can clinch a win against Rich... it's about time since they stole two victories off us last season!

You can't score if you don't have the ball!

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 12:37
Pretty worrying, a threadbare squad going to London on a day for big forwards.
How much rugby has Beukeboom missed, his appearances have been sporadic for one reason or another?
Will be tuning in to Radio Dreckly in hope rather than expectation, but I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 13:08
Cheshire - Beukeboom had neck surgery following an injury playing for Canada. It's the price every club pays for having international players. Agree with you - I'll be hoping for the best, but not really expecting anything. I'm off to watch Pirates Ams (without Danny Toolan!).

Dotcom (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 15:33
Half Time at the RAG & Pirates go in ahead Richmond 7 Cornish Pirates 13

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 16:28
Pirates 28(4 pts) Richmond 15(0)
Great result for the Pirates really shows the spirit within the squad.

piratepilot (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 16:43
Absolutely chuffed, great win chaps!

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 17:45
Listening on the radio in the 1st half although we had the majority of territory and possession unforced errors and giving away penalties stopped us from having a bigger lead at H/ T. Thankfully we were much better 2nd half and again controlled the ball but with less penalties and errors we converted the pressure into points.
Great win on the road which puts us clear in 7th place equal on points with 6th placed Yorkshire Carnegie and a visit from a very dangerous 4th placed Bedford next Sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/11/2017 20:15 by Pirate15.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 18:29
Geddon boys, brilliant result in adversity!

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 09:03
Great win, very happy to be proved wrong.

Surrey Pirate (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 09:28
Deserved win, we played with excellent spirit throughout. Great character, battle and large, loud travelling support which it was great fun to be part of. We're all still scratching our heads at Pirates running out in their change colours which were pretty much identical to Richmond's own kit!

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 11:37
Quote:
Surrey Pirate
Deserved win, we played with excellent spirit throughout. Great character, battle and large, loud travelling support which it was great fun to be part of. We're all still scratching our heads at Pirates running out in their change colours which were pretty much identical to Richmond's own kit!
It's a bit more complicated these days with home and away strips. Not sure what the protocol is. In the old days the home team would change if there was a clash. I would think it's part of the refs responsibility to sort this pre- match - they get an illustrated sheet with the strips of the clubs on it.
I love your comment about the spirit - that's what I want as a supporter. If we get beaten by a better team on the day, so be it. But I want us to want it more than the opposition and it sounds like that might have been the case yesterday. To get that result with the personnel we had unavailable was a great effort. John Martin said on the radio that we had 10 forwards out for one reason or another!

old prop steve (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 12:15
It was certainly a gutsy performance and the players should be proud of that.

For those who faithfully support the Amateurs Danny Toolan came on for the last 10 minutes or so at the end and did very well making one good charge up the middle and finding his man in the couple of lineouts when he had to throw in. No mean feat as I am told he was only given the Pirates'signals in the car park on Friday night. Well done!

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 14:25
The curse is over and we come away from the RAG with a well deserved victory. The players put in a sterling performance and as mentioned a gutsy one at that.Who ever puts on a Pirate shirt has my respect. Roll on next weekend when I hope we can get the better of Bedford.

Well done to all the supporters from the London area who made a noise impact as well as those who had traveled up from the West and not forgetting Mick and Tess from Skipton who will be at the Mennaye again on Sunday. Dickie looked pleased as well.

(Sm109)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net