rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Cornwall Live website re Truro City
AggiePirate (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 17:27
TCFC getting 2 million to vacate Treyew Road. How do we see this in the continuing saga of S4C?

Re: Cornwall Live website re Truro City
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 22:33
Truro City owner Pete Masters seems to think that its a positive move. He has tweeted "S4C one step closer to becoming reality" after today's news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/12/2017 22:35 by Pirate15.

bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:42
I'm not so sure the article did gave a positive perspective on the proposals. It doesn't matter a toss what Masters says or wants......the idiots in County Hall won't be swayed by anyone, and will continue the saga at their own pace. That's what's wrong with local government in Cornwall, I'm afraid !!!

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 10:09
BP,
Think back to the planning meeting when Langarth and Silver bow (TCFC proposed new ground) were both up for determination.It took over 4 hrs for Langarth to be approved by one vote,Silver Bow was approved in about 20 mins with an overwhelming majority. Look at the comments of Rob Nolan(previous chairman of the SPC) he is a fan of TCFC(along with their media outlet Laurence Reed) and he knows that Truro City need a stadium in the area of they will be relocated. The stadium decision is now about a lot more than just the Pirates.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 13:43
I think we need to see this as positive. Truro FC now have funds to facilitate their move to the S4C, so that must be good.

Porthusek Pirate (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 13:57
Only a fool would underestimate Mr Master's, or any other successful businessman come to that.

From his point of view Mr Master's is looking after the interest of TCFC (which he should) and if he can contribute on an equal footing to the creation of a stadium for both TCFC and The Pirates then that is a good thing.

However, I have a horrible fear that rugby (and the Pirates) will get sidelined into second place in terms of the S4C.

Caradon Pirate (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 05:03
As long as we have the current naysayers in Lys Kernow, then I cannot see it being a reality, but please prove me wrong!

1908 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:40
All depends what the 2 million is for.

Is it to be used just as a TCFC contribution towards the building of S4C?

Is it for the running of the club when they leave Treyew Rd?

Is it going to be used to pay back Mr Masters and their backers?

Is this the last season they are at Treyew Rd and if so some of that money will be needed for ground share with whoever they share with?

When the Pirates and partners announce their plans and financial intentions I would hope that they will be having a far greater input into the Stadium than TCFC. Despite this being a Stadium for Cornwall I still have this feeling that the input from TCFC will not be as great as the noise coming from Masters, Reed and Nolan.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:03
West Briton had this on the front page with "2 million pound boost for Stadium" as the headline. Truro FC will be homeless,and have said they now want to be part of S4C. I see this as the money they will need to contribute towards the build costs so they will have somewhere to play (the alternative seems to be moving to Torquay!)

Black Bart (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:16
If TCFC looking for a ground share next season, what about using the Mennaye?

Surrey Pirate (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:59
Interesting point Black Bart. The minimum FA Ground Grading to play in the National League South includes:
* Capacity of 3,000 with scope to extend to 4,000
* A minimum of six entrances for spectators
* Provision for segregation of supporters if necessary

If Truro were to gain promotion to The National League (possible given their season so far)
This would then need to be:
* Potential ground lease of 10 years.
* Minimum capacity of 4,000 with scope to extend to 5,000
* A minimum of eight entrances for spectators
* Minimum of 40 seats reserved for directors (26 home, 14 away).
* Minimum of 12 seats with facilities for lighting and writing for the media.
* Refreshment facilities must be positioned in each separate area of the ground.

Based on this, it is unlikely that The Mennaye would fulfil the criteria.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:27
In a recent interview Peter Masters said that the stadium partners, Pirates, TCFC and Truro College are all putting in 2M each towards the build cost.

Black Bart (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 08:40
I'm not sure that the Treyew Rd ground currently offers the requirements specified for NLS, a fleeting visit seemed to suggest less facilities than the Mennaye. It just occurs to me that if we are to share the S4C we may as well reap the benefits of sharing now!

1spy (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 09:47
Would the Mennaye pitch stand up to that many football games? Also Truro play a large number of mid week games and it is to far to travel with the poor public transport after the game for their supporters.

Black Bart (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 10:24
It could need extra care, but presumably TCFC pay for a groundsman now

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 10:32
It's non starter. The Mennaye is a rugby field - plenty of people moan when Pirates Ams, or PZ and N juniors or colts play on it. Having football there would be a logistical nightmare. Penzance AFC (just across the road) would be a better bet.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:18
In the same interview mentioned in my earlier post Peter Masters stated it would depend on this seasons result as to where TCFC play next year. Promotion would mean a move to Torquay another season in this league would mean a ground share with Bodmin or Helston.

ascloseasthis (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:31
Really really bored now of all this stadium nonsense. How long is it now since first thoughts? Too long. If lucky the next decade might see the first sod dug.

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:03
Who is this sod Doug? Never heard of him.
See the S4C thread, and Dickie's recent post, as to why there is no news at present.
We must continue to believe. Positivity. Our New Year's Resolution!

1spy (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:45
Reported on Cornwall Live Mr Masters has put Truro City FC up for sale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2018 12:46 by 1spy.

05 January, 2018 12:53
The old saying "rats leaving the sinking ship" does come to mind ???

cornishbob (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 13:12
Mr Masters did say on the Lazza lunchtime gripe that if anyone is willing to buy then it would be considered, at the moment he is sinking in around 25,000 a month into the club. He also said that he is fully committed to seeing TCFC play at the S4C and added that the amount TCFC were getting from the Treyew road sale was nothing like the 2m people were saying, in fact if was less than half that !!!!!

06 January, 2018 06:42
I wondered how long it would be before Bray poked his nose into the TCFC stadium saga...see his comments in an article in "The Packet" on-line. (Sorry, I still haven't learned how to do "links"!!)

SJP (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 09:18
Quote:
bolingey pirate
I wondered how long it would be before Bray poked his nose into the TCFC stadium saga...see his comments in an article in "The Packet" on-line. (Sorry, I still haven't learned how to do "links"!!)

[www.falmouthpacket.co.uk]

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

cornishbob (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 11:12
As per normal TB has got his adult pull-ups in a twist and isn't aware of any of the facts. For a newspaper to print his rhetoric without first getting his facts checked smacks of irresponsibility. Falmouth Town sold their ground to an oil company and built a very successful club because of it. The rot for them set in when it was discovered that the social clubs treasurer has embezzled 20,000 which was a lot of money back then, he went to jail but the club never really recovered, (how do I know this? I was a junior member of the board of both the club and the social club at the time). TCFC are a different kettle of fish entirely, they were in debt to the tune of 4m because of Kevin Heaney and are now solvent whether you like him or not because of Mr Masters. It seems to me that Tommy Bray makes it up as he goes along and the papers print it. I would love to be there and see his face when the S4C is finally opened and up and running - I just hope he lasts that long!!!!

1spy (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 12:49
Unfortunately their are many politicians in Cornwall with the same Dinosaur Selfish mindset as Bray.No interest in offering sporting facilities or opportunities for the younger generation. Their attitude has a negative impact on Cornwall of not being able to attract inward investment compared to our neighbour in Devon.The outcome is the lack of prosperity and well paid jobs. Bray said he was 80 today and will still continue to have his say. Bad news for Cornwall if anybody bothers to listen to him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net