rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Rugby - An example to football - again!
Porthusek Pirate (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:26
Slightly off topic – to some degree – but I do like to watch a decent footy match.

I only caught the second half of the FA cup draw between Cardiff and Manchester City.

Did you see the disgraceful behaviour of Neil Warnock and Pep Guardiola at the end of the game?

Not so much remonstrating with the referee and the linesman in a civil manner as they prepared to leave the pitch but they were more like ‘gobbing off’ and gesticulating at them, quite openly and blatantly in front of fans and TV audience alike.

Absolute disgrace and why they are allowed to get away with it is beyond me. And what is the example to the kids/youth watching their ‘heroes’?

Football has so much to learn from rugby – and I would start by ‘miking up’ the officials and I would not be shy about broadcasting what is being said to them.

It would soon stop.

But of course the money people would never allow it.

I hope rugby never, ever stoops to such a level.

Re: Rugby - An example to football - again!
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 22:51
Quote:
Porthusek Pirate
Slightly off topic – to some degree – but I do like to watch a decent footy match.
I only caught the second half of the FA cup draw between Cardiff and Manchester City.

Did you see the disgraceful behaviour of Neil Warnock and Pep Guardiola at the end of the game?

Not so much remonstrating with the referee and the linesman in a civil manner as they prepared to leave the pitch but they were more like ‘gobbing off’ and gesticulating at them, quite openly and blatantly in front of fans and TV audience alike.

Absolute disgrace and why they are allowed to get away with it is beyond me. And what is the example to the kids/youth watching their ‘heroes’?

Football has so much to learn from rugby – and I would start by ‘miking up’ the officials and I would not be shy about broadcasting what is being said to them.

It would soon stop.

But of course the money people would never allow it.

I hope rugby never, ever stoops to such a level.

It seems that this kind of thing is deemed as part of the "entertainment" of football. This lack of respect, and abuse of officials, and players feigning injury could be stamped out easily by having the yellow card system as in rugby - send the offenders to the bin for ten minutes. They could also use the "move on ten" sanction as in rugby for anyone who argues. If that takes the offence within ten metres of the goal line, give a penalty. I hardly ever watch football these days, I find it very a very frustrating game. Tackling seems to have disappeared completely, any contact results in a free kick.

Re: Rugby - An example to football - again!
1spy (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 09:14
Chavs love it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net