Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

HARTBURY UPDATE, pitch inspection.
cornishbob (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 12:38

Re: HARTBURY UPDATE, pitch inspection.
Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 13:29
Is the club looking at moving the game to a different venue maybe?

cornishbob (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 15:32
Maybe they'll reverse the fixture and play it at Hartbury, whatever happens it really needs to be played.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 16:25
its offski guys

cornishbob (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 16:49
At Hartbury tomorrow 4pm KO.So I'm led to believe

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:20
You couldn't make it up but the game is now going ahead at Hartpury with a 4pm kick off. Despite offering alternative dates and venues the B&I cup organising committee have ordered us to play the game tomorrow at Hartpury. This is unbelievable and goes completely against the spirit of the game. They have now set a dangerous precedent.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:35
Where is the ground-cannot see it marked on the map.

retfordpirate (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:41
Google Hartpury College. Nice ground with a good grandstand. Had a cracking time there last year.

Remember the past. Aim for the future.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:46
Great to see Alex Cheesman , Tom Cowan- Dickie and Matt Evans back to fitness and included in tomorrow's squad. Alex starts and the other 2 are on the bench.
[cornish-pirates.com]

portreath21 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:58
Not to be disrespectful to the volunteers who put in countless hours on the ground but something like this was always likely to happen. Playing on a bog is not conducive to good rugby and hence we have to watch games like Jersey with their stick it up their jumper mentality and be bored to tears. If ever there was a reason to get into the new stadium with a decent playing surface this is it.

SJP (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 20:10
Quote:
portreath21
Not to be disrespectful to the volunteers who put in countless hours on the ground but something like this was always likely to happen. Playing on a bog is not conducive to good rugby and hence we have to watch games like Jersey with their stick it up their jumper mentality and be bored to tears. If ever there was a reason to get into the new stadium with a decent playing surface this is it.

Although hopefully playable next week it's still going to be like a pudding so be prepared for another rolling maul fest as Carnegie come to town.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:32
Quote:
portreath21
Agree about the need for the stadium - but there are a lot poorer pitches than the Mennaye.
Looks like it's going to chuck it down in Gloucester for the game, so it'll be pretty soggy there I expect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 09:49 by *Stalwart.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:46
It would be difficult to keep any pitch in a playable condition with the amount of rain we have had recently. I think I heard that we have had 56% more rain this January than our usual seasonal rainfall for the month.

Pirate4ever (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 23:26
I'm not sure this is the first time this as ever happened - not sure it has set a new precedent

In fact didn't we play Birmingham at home twice one season when we were at Camborne?

1spy (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 10:12
Redruth game on today 2PM.

03 February, 2018 10:25
Could not the match have been played at another pitch in Cornwall eg Camborne, Redruth, Hayle ?

ascloseasthis (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 12:22
Summer rugby. Better all round

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:29
Pirates 41 Hartpury 0
Fantastic result , a totally dominant display by the Pirates scoring 7 tries ,to earn an away quarter final against Ealing.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:47
BBC has score as 41-0 to Hartpury. I'm more inclined to believe Pirate15.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:50
Great effort - could be turning point for us. Unfortunately Jack Andrew injured early in the game.

03 February, 2018 21:07
Great win— good ground and facilities but not the 20-25 sleeping policemen and 10 barriers to get to a parking place— during my expedition around the site I came across the Pirate coach abandoned on a farm site .

04 February, 2018 09:28
I forgot to say that it was great to see Dickie at the match— also Harbour View ,nice to meet someone from Pz/ Newlyn— see you again in March perhaps.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:54
Cowship - it was great to make your acquaintance too. And a big YES to the March game. Falls on my birthday, hotel in Cotswolds booked and we will be doing it in style. As you say good to see Dickie and Martin Hudson as well. I also had the great pleasure of watching the end of the game with Christian Judge's parents - lovely people helping bust a number of myths about front row forwards. Their son has a History degree from a major, red brick University and plays on the tight head for the Pirates.

Well I had expected to be in the marquee at the Mennaye enjoying part 2 of the hospitality from January's aborted efforts, and it cost me a night in the Tewksbury Hilton for the girls, but well worth it. It was a great performance, very professional and we made them work very hard all over the pitch. It was a good contest for the first quarter and then we began to get on top and they started falling off tackles. 10-0 at half time might have been more but we all had a good feeling. With the rain on our backs and the slope in our favour we did a real job on them in the second half. Th lineout worked better, not 100% but looked good when we kept it simple, and short! I think we should do away with the calls and just throw it to Caulfield at the front.It seemed to rub off on Matevesi's confidence - he was my MoM, popped up all over the place and has real pace - they certainly did not enjoy trying to tackle him. Amongst all the good stuff and tries, what impressed me the most was our defensive commitment. To "nil" a decent enough side, who, to their credit kept playing some nice football throughout, was mightily impressive.

Bring on the Tykes!

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 12:51
Gutted to have missed this one, sounds like a great effort from the boys. Hopefully we can kick on now and put a run of results together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net