rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Radio Cornwall today 13/02/18
Porthusek Pirate (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 13:17
Lawrence REED discussing Hall for Cornwall and S4C, regarding the allocation of public funds for both, on his show today amongst other things.

I have only just logged on but might be worth listening to for public opinion if they get any callers.

Re: Radio Cornwall today 13/02/18
1spy (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 14:04
Also announced that Hall for Cornwall has all the £20 million in place for its refurbishment.The Local Enterprise Board funded £2 million pounds of taxpayers money. Cornwall Council have also given a substantial sum of funding.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:52
£3M out of the capital investment budget has been awarded to the Hall for Cornwall refurbishment. There have been numerous projects over the years supported by grants from the Council capital investment budget so what is wrong with the S4C asking for their support? This is not money that can be used for hospitals, social care or education. Take a look on the club website or this forum and read the S4C updates. There is a frequently asked questions document that answers a lot of what is often raised on radio Cornwall regarding location, traffic congestion, multi-use facilities and running costs . The Pirates are going to underwrite the stadium management plan to the tune of £300k for 10 years. How many other projects have had that built in guarantee ?
It is up to us supporters of the S4C to get this information out into the public domain. We to need to challenge the misleading comments and win the public vote.

1spy (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 16:29
Did the decision to grant £3M out of the Cornwall Councils capital investment budget awarded to the Hall for Cornwall go before the Full Council to vote on?

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 18:14
Here is a breakdown of the funding sources for the Hall for Cornwall. As you can see if we got the same level of funding from Cornwall Council and HM Treasury we could start the stadium build.
Funds have been secured from the following;

• Arts Council England: £5m

• Cornwall Council: £3.19m

• European Regional Development Fund (ERDF): £2.1m

• Heritage Lottery Fund: £2.85m

• HM Treasury: £2m

• Local Enterprise Partnership: £2m

• Trusts and Foundations/donations: £1m

£1.7 million is outstanding and this will be raised through a combination of private fundraising, crowdfunding and via trusts and foundations. Recent support has come from private and corporate donations, including the Alex Patrick Trust.

Porthusek Pirate (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 19:07
Unfortunately after I started this thread I was unable to continue listening to RC, the one caller I did hear started saying that Langarth was the wrong location and that no public funding should be allocated until the stadium was moved more centrally in the county. I was really surprised to hear that at this stage.

That caller clearly knew very little about the history or the current status of S4C and what has been going on for the current location to have been identified. IF most of the Cornish public are so ill informed that does not bode well.

In my view that show was a very good opportunity for someone from the S4C project or dare I say possibly some of the more informed posters on this forum (Pirate15 and 1Spy for example - hope you don't mind me mentioning you, there has to be many others) to contribute to Larry's show and put the S4C side forward.

That may have happened I don't know but is the message really getting out there?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net