rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Nottingham v Pirates
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 13:25
Brett Beukeboom is set to make his 50th appearance for the club and Matt Evans makes a welcome return after injury for the game at Nottingham.
[cornish-pirates.com]

Re: Nottingham v Pirates
piratepilot (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 18:55
Great to have Lawday back too.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 12:09
Looks a strong team and good guys on the bench. No Andrew brothers, bit of a blow.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 21:38
Lost with the last kick of the game 18-17 bu**er!

portreath21 (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 21:47
Poor discipline,poor kicking,poor decision making. Getting pretty cheesed off with consistently snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

cornish cockney (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 21:48
Felt that last penalty was a bit harsh, but that's life, heads up and onwards and upwards to the next game. COME ON YOU PIRATES! ! !

cornishbob (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 21:54
Too many penalties and some poor decision making at times. Lots of good work spoilt when they were there for the taking. Picking up losing bonus points is not whats it's all about. The coaches must be fuming at some of the brain dead decisions in the second half. Kicking away possession when we could easily have run it to name just one. We gave away 10 penalties in the second half - why? Nottingham were not that good in fact they looked very ordinary for most of the game, any possession they had we gave them. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again.

piratepilot (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:15
Fed up with this. Why can't we just close these games out in the last minutes. Just completey fell to pieces in that second half, another case of Pirates fever.

Pirate4ever (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:31
Evening all

How many of you above watched the game rather than listened?

piratepilot (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:37
Quote:
Pirate4ever
Evening all
How many of you above watched the game rather than listened?

Watched the live stream.

Pirate4ever (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:42
Coverage was good I thought?

Had opportunities to win the match but didn't finish.

Think missed pace (x factor) of O'Meara

Not sure I agree with the statement we "fell apart in second half"

Pirate4ever (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:42
What did you think of the footage Cornish bob?

piratepilot (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:45
Yeah good footage, impressed. 10 penalties in the second half isn't really acceptable though, so probably deserved to lose in the end.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:48
Me too and thought the coverage was excellent, great commentary team and Vickerman very knowledgeable about the Championship.
Others have said it, those bleddy Pirates - how much more will they put us through. Fallen out with wife, kicked dog and sent daughter to bed. I know. Bad isn't it.
We did well to lose it. Played 70% of the football and looked like we could score at will on occasion. Can forgive the errors in the first quarter when we were really playing some good stuff, although without them the game would have been over. But the penalty count...

piratepilot (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:51
9th Championship match this season in which we've lost by 7 seven points or less.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2018 22:51 by piratepilot.

Pirate4ever (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:55
Shows we are competitive then!

It's a disjointed squad dependent on the DR from Exeter so to be as competitive as we are should be seen as a bonus. Cant be easy for coaches with so much chopping and changing

When we get the stadium the club will be able to invest in a stronger squad.

Or do we cut our cloth like other Championship clubs and go p/t - at least then we can use that as a excuse when we lose by less than 7 points

Pirate4ever (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 22:58
IN fact a more telling stat would be of the 10 loses in the Championship only ONE (Bristol)has been by more than 7

To me that shows the spirit within the squad!

piratepilot (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 23:03
And thank goodness we have those DR's otherwise we may not be so competitive. There's only so much we can use the DR excuse before it just gets tiring. I'd love to come up with more excuses but all I want is for us to be on the other side of some of these tight results for a change, it's what the team deserves, and you're right about the spirit in the squad.

The boys will be desperate for a win now, and will be firing on all cylinders when Yorkshire come down. Let's convert that desire into points on the table! Come on you Pirates!!!

You can't score if you don't have the ball!

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 23:03
cant disagree, but we should be winning our fair share of close ones, and we haven't. Could have been top and unbeaten after 5 games.Winning and losing are habits

old prop steve (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 01:12
Was there and just got home. Yes Groundhog Day!!!. For the first 20 minutes Pirates looked really up for it - sagged a bit and then came back early in second half.

Thought they actually played quite well overall (seen them play far worse many times and get a win) but blew it once again right at the death. It was a long drive home - especially as they decided to shut a chunk of the M1.

It was nice to see Nick Adams at the match who played in his time for both clubs.

Remember him?

He is doing some coaching and looked well and had come along to see his old propping mate Paves.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 09:07
How many times have we given away a penalty in injury time to see the other side win ?

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 10:07
Steve,
remember him well - a barrel chest if ever there was one. If my memory serves, and do correct me, he left us to go to Wasps. I am pretty sure I sure him do a joint lap of honour at Kenwyn with Will James after their last games for us

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 10:30
The squad and the coaches will be just as frustrated as we are. So close yet again. Penalties killed us. Could still be a reasonable season, especially if we can do the unexpected at Ealing, but it could all fizzle out and we'll be grateful that Roth are so far behind. Next couple of games are vital.
Have to remember we lost Cheeseman and Coronel early in the game, and still had the Andrew brothers, Chris Morgan, John Stevens, Cowan-Dickie, Channon, Toby May etc all missing.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 10:51
Sounds like we had the second team out— saw them at Hartpury where few mistakes were made.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net