Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Pirates v Doncaster
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 21:52
Pitch inspection on Friday and 2nd one planned for early Saturday if required before Donny travel to Cornwall. Our biggest problem could be the amount of water on the pitch with a forecast for rain on Friday after 2 days of snow.

Re: Pirates v Doncaster
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:37
Surely this info should be on the club website - I have to say I'm not impressed with the new format.

SJP (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 14:50
Surely this info should be on the club website - I have to say I'm not impressed with the new format.

Have to agree Stalwart, I only found it by accident on the rolling maul forum because a Donny fan posted a link about Sundays game.

It's our home game for goodness sake so why do we have to find any info from elsewhere.

Come back Dotcom.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

coombemouse (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 17:16
It's easy to sit at a keyboard and moan, so I make these comments about the "new" website intending to be constructive, and useful to its designers. But after all these months it's time to comment.
For me, it works perfectly well on my laptop running Windows 10, but I still don't much like the front page which is messy with its popups, and beyond that I don't think it's particularly intuitive to navigate. I'm used to it, so I know to just scroll down and eventually everything is there. However, by the time I get to "news", all the important recent things have scrolled out of sight, and I have to do some work to find them! Apart from the general idea that surely "news" should be flagged on the front page, after my years working with websites, I thought 'scrolling things' were nowadays considered irritating. Anyway, so much for my laptop.
But - if I try to use the website on my tablet, using Android 5.1 OS, then it's a disaster! All the problems above, but also improper rendering of some pages (e.g. tables and fixtures) and a biggie - often when I click on a menu, the browser simply objects, and just shuts down. This does not happen with any other website I regularly visit. And what on Earth is it with "sub navigation".......
I am sure that these days more people use tablets and phones to view sites, than boot up laptops like old fogies (me!), and I am seriously concerned that the "new" website does not promote the Pirates well. We have gone from having the best website in the Championship a few years ago (but, yes, getting a bit 'tired') to having one which noone seems to like.

bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 19:54
I totally agree with the comments above. The old saying "If it ain't broke, don't try to mend it" applies here. The old site was brilliant, but the new one is a poor replacement. Why was it changed ??
I don't use the official site unless I absolutely have to, and prefer the facebook or the unofficial Pirate's sites. I do feel for non pirate supporters who, not being familiar with it, could easily miss vital information.
Are the club in control of the site, or is it part of RFU set-up ??
Whatever, something does need to be done, please !!

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 09:29
Getting back to the thread - it's thawed here in PZ this morning, so the only issue will be how wet the pitch is by Sunday. The journey from Donny to PZ may be the problem.

retfordpirate (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:24
Rail way line at Dawlish reported as being damaged again affecting train travel. There is always something!!!!

Remember the past. Aim for the future.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:00
Have spoken to a rugby friend in the Donny area this morning and he sees no reason for Donny not travelling, all main routes are open now and the motorways are working. Things are improving up there, the only real issue is the pitch again and of course things don't deteriorate between now and then.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:04
Update via the offy site - Cornish Pirates v Doncaster Knights – Match Update

Following a pitch inspection carried out by an independent official at the Mennaye Field today, the pitch has been deemed playable for Sunday.

However, in consideration of the recent weather conditions, for understandable reason a further pitch inspection will take place tomorrow morning prior to the Doncaster team’s departure, after which a further update will be announced.

Tickets for Sunday will be available at the gates on the day, whilst in the meantime they can also be purchased on-line. For further information please visit

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:52
Although the snow has gone its raining and is forecast to continue until about lunch time tomorrow. I don't know how much more rain the Mennaye can take so I reckon its 50/50 at the moment for the game going ahead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing