rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Preview and team v Donny
Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:37
Pirates team and preview v Donny

Good strong starting 15 and good bench, very similar to the team that beat Yorks carnegie.
Lets hope we can do the same against Donny, another 5pts would be very nice.

Re: Preview and team v Donny
old prop steve (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 18:29
What is the issue with Toby May?

Humphry Davy (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 19:11
Could it be anything to do with 2018/19?

CAPTAIN BENBOW (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:18
Are you saying he has signed for them next season?

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 09:03
The Mennaye has passed the 2nd pitch inspection and tomorrow's game is ON.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 09:40
Great news.

Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 14:15
Donny team for tomorrow.
Knights XV: 15) Paul Jarvis, 14) Curtis Wilson, 13) Lesley Klim, 12) Mat Clark, 11) Tyson Lewis, 10) Simon Humberstone, 9) Tom James, 1) Rich List, 2) Ben Hunter, 3) Joe Sproston, 4) Matt Challinor, 5) Tom Hicks, 6) Jack Ram, 7) Michael Hills ©, 8) Josh Tyrell.

Replacements: 16) David Nelson, 17) Jack Bergmanans, 18) Jake Pope, 19) Adam Batt, 20) Alex shaw, 21) Michael Heaney, 22) Charlie Foley.

Pirate Mike (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:20
As OPS said, where is Toby May?
Also, I thought Matt Evans was fit again?

1908 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:39
Kyle Moyle has been playing really well at 15. And both the wingers were good against Carnegie.

Maybe Matt is not quite 100% fit. Good to have these options.

Going back to the 15 shirt I think Kyle has that bit more pace than Toby May and offers more threat in the wider channels. Toby may be a bit better under the high ball, but as an attacking threat I think Kyle offers a bit more.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:31
Lovely sunny morning in PZ - spring is here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 09:31 by *Stalwart.

Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:23
"Spring is here the grass is riz I wonder where the birdies is? The bird is on the wing! Don't be absurd the wing is on the bird" !!!

Porthusek Pirate (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:27
The Pirates have just won a great last minute win.

Why the heck am I listening to brass band music instead of pundits and a round up of the game from players and managers?

piratepilot (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:12
Radio Cornwall really need to do away with that choir rubbish. It's nice to listen to in person, but it's a bleddy racket on the radio.

You can't score if you don't have the ball!

1908 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:21
Quite agree, piratepilot! (And I sing with Mousehole Male Voice Choir)

Most of the recordings are of terrible quality and the plink, plank plonk of the piano is always too prominent. A live concert is the best way to hear a choir.

Anyway...I'm singing with joy after watching the Pirates guts out a win today. The never say die attitude of all the squad was brilliant.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:35
About time one of these tight games went our way. Lineout problems made life difficult, but great commitment and fitness levels meant we finished very strongly and deserved the win.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:59
A huge amount of commitment , self belief and a never say die attitude got us over the line today for a fantastic win. At 19-5 down with 20 mins left I thought we had left ourselves with too much to do. Our line out problems were stopping us from putting Doncaster under sustained pressure but thankfully we turned it around when it mattered. Well done to all the players and coaches for a great effort and getting us a hard earned win. Enjoy your week off and more of the same at Hartpury in a fortnight.

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 20:43
Sounds like a great effort in trying conditions. Great to see a last gasp win instead of throwing it away in the last minute.
Top 6 still a possibility.

cornish cockney (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 20:50
Great gutsy performance today, and finally a last minute result in our favour. Must also give praise to the referee.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 21:53
By Jersey winning at Bristol we were stopped from going into 6th place— did anyone expect that ?

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 22:41
Quote:
Cowship Pirate
By Jersey winning at Bristol we were stopped from going into 6th place— did anyone expect that ?
Don't think anyone saw that coming!

Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 08:53
I didn't expect such a tight entertaining game given the conditions yesterday, but our guys gave their all to come back to secure a 4pt win in the second half, proving how amazingly fit they are. We took advantage when Donny players were dropping with cramp and we still had miles in the tank.
Quite agree with Cornish cockney the ref was excellent, one of the best we've seen this season. Deserved an awarard herself for the way she managed the game and allowed it to flow in what was close to a mud bath.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 09:19
I am just off to a U3A meeting filled with Bristol supporters— will wear my Pirate shirt — that will annoy them even more.

piratepilot (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:22
What I find surprising (or not so) about many Bristol supporters is how they've reacted to this loss. They've all turned on each other, and started saying how bad their team is (despite 16 wins on the bounce). This, I think, shows a huge lack of respect for the championship and the clubs. It's about time they got that wake-up call.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:31
Quote:
piratepilot
What I find surprising (or not so) about many Bristol supporters is how they've reacted to this loss. They've all turned on each other, and started saying how bad their team is (despite 16 wins on the bounce). This, I think, shows a huge lack of respect for the championship and the clubs. It's about time they got that wake-up call.
They are probably realising that they have a very long way to go if they are to survive in the Premiership.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 14:26
Quote:
*Stalwart
Quote:
Cowship Pirate
Don't think anyone saw that coming!
Bristol certainly didn't winking smiley

1908 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 18:40
In the past many on here have bemoaned the over use of kicking and the quality of it.
Indeed, during the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game there were cries of run it echoing around the ground.

Sunday was the perfect example of how the only way we could have won that game in the last 10 mins was to win the kicking battle...which we did. We were never going to score from 40 or 50 yards out. We had tried all afternoon to outflank them and had little or no success...... due to their excellent defence and the heavy pitch.

They finally made an error close enough for us to put the ball in the corner through a penalty....and the rest is history. To win on Sunday we had to win that "kick tennis" in the last 5 mins. We did and we won the game.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 18:59
Gavin Cattle did mention in his post match interview that it was one of those days when it was easier to play without the ball. We had to be patient and wait for them to make a mistake. Their kicking game was very good,although on a number of occasions their forwards, were chasing kicks from a position well in front of the kicker without being penalised. It appears to be something that is rarely policed at this level but you hear it regularly on the officials microphone at premiership and international level. Overall I thought the referee had a good game and allowed play to flow whilst keeping control of a game that was fiercely contested at the breakdown in difficult conditions.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 20:44
Couldn't make it Sunday so had to pace around the kitchen listening to Radio Dreckly. Good effort and we really needed to win one like that. So we have now neaten 3rd and 4th on consecutive weeks. No reason why we can not have a strong finish from here. Every game winnable

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 18:52
Quote:
2Harbourview
Couldn't make it Sunday so had to pace around the kitchen listening to Radio Dreckly. Good effort and we really needed to win one like that. So we have now neaten 3rd and 4th on consecutive weeks. No reason why we can not have a strong finish from here. Every game winnable
It is very frustrating that we are clearly capable of competing against the teams at the top of the league, but lose to teams near, or at, the bottom.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net