rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

TRURO CITY FC
bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 09:52
Looks as though another proposed development site has been delayed. Cornwall Live are reporting today that Truro City FC will remain at Treyew Road for another season. I don't know whether this is good or bad news as far as rugby is concerned, but it does show again, just how unstable the world of property development is at present.

Re: TRURO CITY FC
1spy (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 12:34
John Lewis/Waitrose today announced profit down 71%. All the major retailers have problems.Punter money is in short supply and uncertainty with Brexit outcome is having an impact and will have a knock on effect on developing retail sites.The S4C has and will continue to be a long haul in todays economic environment.Time for Cornwall Council to offer some leadership and kick start the Cornwall economy.

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 16:44
The gist of this report, as I read it, was that Masters had secured another year at Treyew Road, enabling them to move straight into S4C the season after, and not move temporarily to Torquay. It was nothing to do with the retailers getting cold feet.
I read this as a good sign, in that it implied the funding from Cornwall council was in place, although there is of course nothing about this on the offy or S4C sites.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 18:49
Quote:
AggiePirate
The gist of this report, as I read it, was that Masters had secured another year at Treyew Road, enabling them to move straight into S4C the season after, and not move temporarily to Torquay. It was nothing to do with the retailers getting cold feet.
I read this as a good sign, in that it implied the funding from Cornwall council was in place, although there is of course nothing about this on the offy or S4C sites.
Don't think this necessarily implies that funding is in place. The council meeting to decide this is in April. It is good, though that Truro City are confident in the future for S4C.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net