rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Bedford team and preview.
cornishbob (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 17:03
Pirates Expect a High-Tempo Affair v The Blues
For their penultimate game of the season, and their final away match, the Cornish Pirates will travel to Bedford Blues on Saturday for a Round 21 fixture in the Greene King IPA Championship.

Kick-off for this 3rd versus 4th in the league clash is at 3pm, when at Goldington Road the Pirates will strive to make it six Championship wins on the trot.

Games between the two teams are invariably high-scoring, so a closely-fought entertaining near end of season affair is almost guaranteed.

The Pirates, who will also strive to register a ‘double’ against the Blues – remembering that they won 24-17 on home soil in December – have made just one change in their selection from last weekend, with Harry Strong selected in the outside centre berth.

Ahead of Saturday, Cornish Pirates’ player/coach Alan Paver has commented:

Bedford have a very strong side and are highly respected, however our guys are understandably in good spirits at present and we will be looking for a strong performance.

In front of a likely bumper crowd we’ll also be expecting another high-tempo encounter, with a lot of rugby played between two teams both supermotivated to finish as high as they can.

Match Officials
Referee: Michael Hudson

CORNISH PIRATES LINE UP
Starting 15
15 Kyle Moyle
14 Alex O'Meara
13 Harry Strong
12 Nicolas De Battista (c)
11 Matt Evans
10 Will Cargill
9 Alex Day
1 Billy Keast
2 Dan Frost
3 Christian Judge
4 Toby Freeman
5 Brett Beukeboom
6 Tom Lawday
7 John Stevens
8 Tom Duncan
Replacements
16 Marlen Walker
17 Jack Andrew
18 Josh Caulfield
19 Dan Lee
20 Nicolas Coronel
21 Reiss Cullen
22 Laurence May

Re: Bedford team and preview.
wigston pirate (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 19:36
Will be present less Woodhouse(Jolly Roger).

(Sm109)

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 16:05
Fantastic result for the Pirates winning 34-29 at Bedford. They kicked a last minute penalty to claim a losing bonus point and retain 3rd place. The Pirates scored 5 tries including a hat trick for Tom Duncan.
Let's hope that we get the same result on Tuesday.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 16:12
Awesome win but this is bonkers. We lost 4 of the first five, have an unacceptable number of one score defeats but are putting together the best winning streak I can remember and have every chance of finishing third. This with a paper thin squad which has seen us play most games with one hooker in the 22. Bonkers. Brilliant. But bonkers

old prop steve (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:24
Lovely competitive game of rugby on a glorious sunny afternoon between two well matched teams.

At last we seem to have learned how not to chuck away a lead in the last few minutes.

The sort of game which reminds me why I still love this club after all these years!!

cornishbob (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:44
6 on the bounce, no one would have predicted that at the start of the season, brilliant result against an always strong side, well done to one and all.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:17
Just arrived in our holiday cottage in beautiful Norfolk after watching that brilliant game of rugby in the sunshine at Goldington Road. It'a always a pleasure to visit Beford RFC, very friendly people and a cracking atmosphere - another big crowd today. The boys did us proud against a very dangerous Bedford team who played some lovely attacking rugby. Pirates boys really wanted it and we scored a few great tries, and bombed a couple too. Happy days.

bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 21:15
Pirate 15...."lets hope that we get the same result on Tuesday"....am I missing something here...what occurs on Tuesday, please ???

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 22:04
Quote:
bolingey pirate
Pirate 15...."lets hope that we get the same result on Tuesday"....am I missing something here...what occurs on Tuesday, please ???
Vote by the council on stadium funding - do keep up Bolingey!

bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 07:17
Thanks Stalwart....how could I forget!!! I thought P15 was alluding to another fixture on the pitch!! ..silly me !!

1spy (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 07:38
Bedford down the "Slope" second half? Great win for Pirates.Attendance 2500.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:04
They were Bill and it was

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net