rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Bristol Bears
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:51
When I saw this article I had to check that it wasn't the 1st of April but as of 1st June Bristol Rugby is due to re-branded as Bristol Bears for their return to the premiership.
I don't know how this has come about but some fans seem to think the big American Insurance company Gallagher who are the new premiership sponsors for next season are behind the move.
As you can imagine there are a lot of unhappy people on their fans forum but as a club who has gone from Penzance & Newlyn to the Cornish Pirates we are aware of why these things are done in the professional era.
[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

Re: Bristol Bears
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:15
It's not so much of a step to go from "Pirates" which is what PZ and N are usually called, to Cornish Pirates. But Bristol to Bears? I don't get it. What has Bears got to do with Bristol? It's Warwickshire Cricket!

Kenwyn. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:35
Bit of a Boo Boo winking smiley

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 06:24
Terrible Kenwyn. You need to get on the train to Paddingtion

old prop steve (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 19:54
Bristol Brunels might have worked.

Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 22:51
Quote:
old prop steve
Bristol Brunels might have worked.

All the fans could have turned up to games in branded stovepipe hats in club colours. I like it.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net