Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Teams up
Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
07 September, 2018 11:39
Team and preview v Cov. Cornish Pirates

Re: Teams up
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
07 September, 2018 11:44
Good to see continuity in selection for what will be a difficult match.Coventry have recruited well and will be buoyant after last weeks impressive win against Jersey.

welshpirate (IP Logged)
07 September, 2018 12:20
Matt Evans injured, or are we saving him for when things open up? Pirates to win but another tight game.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 16:33
Good win and a welcome bonus point into the bargin in front of a decent crowd in the sunshine. We had to work hard for the points against a Coventry side who missed a couple of opportunities to score in the first half before we scored a crucial try on the stroke of half time. It came off a lovely set move from a line out involving forwards and backs.Coventry should stay up with ease based on that performance. Good start to the season with 2 home wins lets hope for a similar result on the road next week at Hartpury.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 17:06
Glad we played them now and not when the grounds get wet, with their front row they ain't going to be a pushover for anyone. That said we were worth the 5 points but took a time to break them down, when we fathomed them out they looked vunerable. Good to see Tom Kessell at the Mennaye again.

welshpirate (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 17:22
Couldn't be there again due to work but it sounds like a very professional performance. Watched Exeter yesterday and they were ruthless when chances came their way....a bit like us today perhaps? Better crowd too....keep winning and they will come.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 17:29
Very good second half from the boys. Another 5 point win in the bag - happy days!
Not sure how Tom Duncan didn't get the MoM, but Harry Strong did play well. Another spectacular try from Matavesi.

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:43
What was the gate this week Welsh Pirate, would you say? Last week was 1,650. I can recall gates of 1,900 in the old third division, I am not having a go, but why are gates lower now than 10 years ago? Can anyone shed any light on this, difficult for me to judge from 1,500 miles away!

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 22:04
Quote:
AggiePirate
What was the gate this week Welsh Pirate, would you say? Last week was 1,650. I can recall gates of 1,900 in the old third division, I am not having a go, but why are gates lower now than 10 years ago? Can anyone shed any light on this, difficult for me to judge from 1,500 miles away!
We've been treading water a bit for a couple of seasons waiting for the stadium to be confirmed and some "floating" supporters seemed to lose patience. The end of last season was brilliant on the field and we've continued at the start of this. We had that excellent pre season game against Exeter and The Mennaye was sold out. Good crowd last week and even more this week, so hopefully this will keep building.

lamornapirate (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 08:13
Exeter have beaten two premiership sides and we beat them. I think it's going to take a very good side to beat us this year.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 14:12
Harry Strongs try has been shortlisted for try of the week. Voting is still open on the GK championship website and via twitter.

welshpirate (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 11:43
Just seen the highlights, I would say Josh Matevesi's try was the pick of the bunch. He looks very classy. Place kicking looked excellent too.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 13:08
With 37% of the vote Harry Strong's try has won the championship try of the week award.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net