rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Match Day Posters
northseapirate (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 07:51
I was hoping to 'poster bomb' Truro this week with match day posters for the Nottingham match, but there aren't any posters available! Spoke to Club and it seems they have no one on staff who can do this....crazy.

Anyone out there who can create a poster? It is beyond my IT skills but if you can do so then just email it to me and i can print out 30 or so and deliver soonest.

If you can create a suitable template then we just need to alter dates and names for each home game. Anyone......?

northseapirate

MEP

"It isn't failure that diminishes your effort, you are diminished only by failing to make the effort"

Re: Match Day Posters
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 09:15
Strange that - there used to be posters available on the website to print out. Something the club need to address.

ascloseasthis (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 10:43
Dotcom was the man for this. Remember putting them up around Newbury back in the day

Perran Pirate (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 11:07
He was indeed ! I hadn't noticed that they weren't on the website anymore as I've been very remiss re postering recently... But I used to plaster them all over Perranporth pubs .. and will do again if anyone can do the graphics ... Please !!

04 October, 2018 05:24
Thanks to Geoff I now have a great poster....and he has sent the same to CP. If anyone wants a copy please email me at mejp1@live.com.

Now printing then off to town to poster bomb; maybe breakfast at Weatherspoons.....other outlets available.

can't wait till Sunday!

MEP

"It isn't failure that diminishes your effort, you are diminished only by failing to make the effort"

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
04 October, 2018 07:40
Great stuff - well done chaps!

Perran Pirate (IP Logged)
04 October, 2018 08:57
Thanks Geoff ... posters being printed ... shame, I shall have to go into a pub or two now ...

By the way, I have added (somewhat crudely! ) .. a line about CP being the Championship Leaders .. whether we like it or not, success breeds success , and surely there's no harm in blowing our own trumpet .. while it lasts !

Nige.

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
04 October, 2018 21:05
Sorry but this is beyond pathetic, supporters printing their own posters. Is there no marketing department at the club? And if not, why not?
What is the point of tie-ups with New Zealand if we cannot get a freaking poster organised.
What a shambles.

retfordpirate (IP Logged)
04 October, 2018 23:26
Aggie, I think that your comments are out of order. On the old website the posters were there to print. It is a new website so maybe it is an oversight regarding posters. Maybe it would be worth you toning your comments down and asking the club if it is something that they would want supporters to do as well as giving printable links to match day posters.

It is a supporters forum site not a tantrum site.

Remember the past. Aim for the future.

05 October, 2018 08:17
Top of he table, playing great, hard rugby; good crowds (could be better), exciting atmosphere at games and a real spirit in the squad. Yep, that's a shambles!

I understand your point Aggie, but not the way it was expressed.

And some of us actually enjoy promoting and helping the team.......now got to visit a few more barbers, coffee shops and perhaps a pub or two.

nsp

MEP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net