rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Pirates V Notts Preview & Team
Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 11:15
Good looking starting 15 and strong bench. Can't wait till Sunday. Link below.
Team & Preview

Re: Pirates V Notts Preview & Team
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 13:00
Excited!

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 14:30
Great to see Tom Cowan-Dickie, Tom Duncan and Dan Koster returning from injury. Hope the boys can put last weeks defeat behind them and get a win against an in form Nottingham side.

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 18:34
Looks a strong team and pleased Tom has made a quick return. Hopeful we will achieve the win plus BP. Will Robin get to double figures but this will soon arrive.

(Sm109)

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 20:34
Looking forward to Sunday, albeit with a degree of apprehension. The teams turnover so much these days that it shouldn't make a difference, but I really can't remember to many happy endings v Nottingham. I think it was the last game 2 seasons ago that Cheshire and I watched a peculiar non tackling defeat at Lady Bay. I remember Camborne when Dan Cole beat us up on his own in what was a double header with Mounts Bay playing Scottish on the Saturday. It's what my LS mates still refer to as "that weekend." We should have won and were 3 up with as many minutes left and for some reason we called a line out to the back. Darren D over threw and they went under the posts. We have also had some nightmares at Meadow Lane, including the one that cost Brett Davey his job. The one happy memory was sitting next to the Bishop of Nottingham in hospitality. I had now idea until he gave little Zelah Marie a children's story book, Mr Chips, which he had signed as the authour, one Bishop Tony.
Still Sunday is another day and with big Tom back and LCD doubtless champing at the bit, we look strong from 1 - 22.
C'mon Pirates

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 09:41
As long as we can stabilise the scrum we should be fine. It's been a problem in the last couple of games. We are a bit unfortunate that Walker has been injured for so long - hope he'll be back soon. Great to see Cowan-Dickie fit and back on the field.
It's a beautiful day here in Penzance - no excuses for staying away!
Should be a cracking match against an in-form Nottingham team.
Sara Cox is referee today, and she was excellent in her last match at The Mennaye.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:41
Last weeks game in reverse— thank goodness it did not go on for 5 more mins— good job I took my blood pressure tablet this morning.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:02
After a superb first 40, where the pirates produced a first class, almost error free performance, which enabled them to go in at the interval with a commanding 36-7 lead. The skill,handling, work rate and pace of the team was tremendous as we hit Nottingham with wave after wave of attacks coupled with a superb individual score by Alex O'Meara was great to watch in the autumn sunshine.
It was always going to be difficult trying to match the performance levels of the first half but I doubt whether many of us expected such a turn around. The 2nd half produced an error strewn performance where we failed to score and Nottingham hit back with 3 converted tries.
Whether it was the number of early changes which caused us to lose our momentum and control of the game or did we just switch off completely believing that the game was already won?
It will certainly make it an interesting squad meeting when they review the game.
We are clearly still learning as coaches and players and today's 2nd half will be part of that ongoing development.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 20:28 by Pirate15.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:05
Bonus point inside 18 minutes and, as P15 says, a brilliant first half apart from a defensive blip which let Nottingham in right at the end of the half. Hard to put your finger on what went wrong second half, maybe a bit of Pirates dropping off, and Notts really stepping up their performance.
Lots of good things, though - scrum was solid which has been worry for a couple of games.
Another BP win, so we should be happy with that - and still top of the table.
John Stevens deservedly got MoM - he was brilliant. The O'Meara try was spectacular.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 08:06
All said. I felt a bit flat at the end, but at the end of season it will still say 5 points. Everyone will be precious this term

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 16:34
Alex O'Meara's brilliant individual try yesterday is up for try of the week. Lets get voting.

Geoff DC (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 17:51
Vote Here: https://twitter.com/Champrugby/status/1049267971301015552

O'Mear already on 56%

#COYP

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 21:14
Great try, and O'Meara put away by a lovely, beautifully timed pass by Parata.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net