rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Did the Pirates play today?
AggiePirate (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:54
NOT according to the Cornwall Live website. I have just trolled through the entire first page of the so-called 'sport' section, and there is no mention of Cornwalls number one rugby team, or virtually any Cornish sport.
This is pathetic, people. What can we, or more importantly, Pirates marketing (if there is such a thing) do about it?

Re: Did the Pirates play today?
retfordpirate (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:34
Always disappointing regards immediate coverage. What responses have you had back from the media? I am presuming that you have written/emailed/called them. Or as it seems you rant on the site without qualifying your statements. I agree the game today deserved better tv and radio coverage. Did you go?

Remember the past. Aim for the future.

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 18:07
Oh dear. Can we please keep personal comments off the site Retford? This helps our cause not one iota.

Seriously, the future of any business in the 21st Century rests on publicity, marketing, whether you are a rugby team, or a chip shop. People have to know what you are doing, that you are out there. Yes the Pirates have Twitter and Facebook feeds, but you have to sign up for those, so will already be a supporter.

A newspaper article however, whether print or online, will be at least seen by anyone looking at the page, regardless of whether they go on to actually read the thing. Pirates this, Stadium that. Publicity, publicity.

For my sins I also keep an eye on 'Bristol Live', which is the same newspaper group I believe, identical website. OK so a much bigger population there, but they have separate sections of the website for the football teams City and Rovers, plus Bristol rugby. Yet Cornwall Live, nothing.

If I were Pirates marketing team I would be looking to get as much in the papers as possible. Many people on this site have commented there are people in Penzance who don't even know there is a game on that weekend. That is wrong, surely?

This is not my job, obviously. My wife and I were volunteers at the Mennaye, Camborne and Kenwyn for many years, so we have done our bit for the cause, and now retired to the sunshine, so no I didn't go last weekend, or any weekend come to that nowadays.

Oh yes, one final word to anyone who still feels I am ranting; check your dictionary!

Caradon Pirate (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 18:53
Cornwall Live are just an online rag, they produce lazy journalism. They are very negative when it comes promoting Cornwall's progress in to the 21st century whether it be business or sport, ie: S4C.
Putting that aside I totally agree with you Aggie, more advertising of match days in the Cornishman, West Briton, Cornish Guardian and Cornish Times as well as Pirate FM. Perhaps Radio Cornwall could also do a bit of plugging, so yes perhaps food for thought for the Pirates marketing team?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 18:57 by Caradon Pirate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net